Page 30 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Because a hypothetical gang would cease to exist if all of their lower ranking boys/men could have enough money to leave and/or change their life, making the pyramid scheme of drug dealing collapsed.
    "If you sell your gun, I will shoot you". That's what the gang leaders would be doing. The same reason the Nazi's actually followed Hiter's commands, peer pressure with the fear of death. The same reason the North Koreans haven't revolted yet.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuen View Post
    And who in their right mind is going to, en mass, give up their gun?
    You might aswell say a nuclear buy back program will stop Nuclear threats -_-
    If it's against the law to own them, probably lots of people. Buy back programs have worked in this country and others. You are, like Dextro, looking for absolutes. No national policy of this magnitude will have any absolutes. Well, except for that one, lol.

7+ Year Old Account

What would make Americans different from people in other countries?
    Because guns are deeply ingrained in our society, far more than any other. You should know this. Taking away guns or offering buyback programs might work in other nations where guns are not as valued or seen in an unfavorable light, but in America, it won't have the same effect.

Part of the American culture.

15+ Year Old Account
    No it wouldn't, it would make the gangs susceptible to other gangs. My god you are wilfully ignorant or absolutely insane.
    Do you think the US should get rid of Nukes aswell? I'm sure Kim would love that.
    Not if the prices were high enough that all gangs would lose all of their lower ranking boys/men to a cash windfall. Why would they risk their necks for a pyramid scheme or prison if they had enough money to pool themselves to do something else with their life?

Hey, I thought regulation is bad, as per the GOP.

Deleted
    How? It would be voluntary and targeted towards the most violent neighborhoods in the country.
    Congratulations, you just made the paranoid gang leaders even more trigger happy against their underlings -_-

So slavery is the same thing as protecting yourself from a corrupt, tyrannical government........and you think YOU are the rational one here!?
    I am sure your guns are going to be extremely effective against tanks, drones, nuclear subs, fighter jets etc. this isn't the 17th century our army no longer carries muskets. You can just say you love guns there is nothing wrong with that.

7+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=cubby;48538504]Gun ownership is never fully eliminated in any program - even European countries still allow gun ownership. The idea is to severely curtail it, and modernize gun tracking and what is and is not ok to own.

So shotgun yes. AR-15 no. QUOTE]

But most crime are committed with handguns. AR-15's are just for rednecks or gun nuts who like shooting at random shit on their property.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    So slavery is the same thing as protecting yourself from a corrupt, tyrannical government........and you think YOU are the rational one here!?
    Ah, so you think we're still back in the 1700's - excellent. Well, when you get yourself caught up to the 21st century, let us know, and then we can talk about modern gun policy on a national level.

No one with half a brain thinks the 2nd amendment is necessary anymore. Different time, different needs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    What's the point of a buyback then if not to eliminate guns completely?

More seems like a refund option rather than a proposed solution.
    To reduce the amount of firearm violence for one. Long term I could see it as a sensible voluntary program that would put more money in people's pockets, something that is more useful than a firearm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    If it's against the law to own them, probably lots of people. Buy back programs have worked in this country and others. You are, like Dextro, looking for absolutes. No national policy of this magnitude will have any absolutes. Well, except for that one, lol.
    You literally just said in the SAME sentence

So is it or is it not against the law to own guns, because THAT is an absolute -_-

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    But most crime are committed with handguns. AR-15's are just for rednecks or gun nuts who like shooting at random shit on their property.
    Details to be worked out. I'm not sure of the efficacy of your statement, but I'm pretty sure if you remove a lot of the guns, a lot of gun violence will go away, too. At least that's what happens in other countries. That, btw, is an example of a fact.

Coming from the people who think Trump is literally Hitler.
    Yeah, like you're gonna protect yourself with a hunting rifle from the DHS or any federal organization if a 'revolution' sparks. You people live in a parallel world.

15+ Year Old Account
    All you can see is your fairy tail land.
    I don't think so. Money would incentivize a lot of people to sell their guns, I don't think it's some sort of untouchable golden calf.

Deleted
    Ah, so you think we're still back in the 1700's - excellent. Well, when you get yourself caught up to the 21st century, let us know, and then we can talk about modern gun policy on a national level.

No one with half a brain thinks the 2nd amendment is necessary anymore. Different time, different needs.
    Says the guys who think Trump is literally Hitler, the cognoscente dissonance here is baffling.

[QUOTE=BuckSparkles;48538568]
    Gun ownership is never fully eliminated in any program - even European countries still allow gun ownership. The idea is to severely curtail it, and modernize gun tracking and what is and is not ok to own.

So shotgun yes. AR-15 no. QUOTE]

Shot-gun? Hand-huh? What's that? I've only heard about dangerous assault weapons.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I am sure your guns are going to be extremely effective against tanks, drones, nuclear subs, fighter jets etc. this isn't the 17th century our army no longer carries muskets. You can just say you love guns there is nothing wrong with that.
    Look how effective ISIS and similar groups have been. We have the best military in the world and ISIS has been a huge pain in the ass. Small arms can still be used to great effect, not to mention improvised explosives.

Says the guys who think Trump is literally Hitler, the cognoscente dissonance here is baffling.
    What do you expect from a person that thinks the prohibition and war on drugs are good ideas?

15+ Year Old Account
    You're assuming those living in poverty have guns in the first place.
    You are also assuming gangs will just give up their protection from other gangs. -_-
    That's exactly where most handguns are in. Areas where they have better access to handguns than grocery stores. There are pockets of extreme poverty and firearm violence. You alleviate the poverty, you alleviate the gun violence.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    It's called deterrence. Why fight something you don't need to. All it takes is one shot to end the tyrannical leaders life.