Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

My dear Blizzard, I've been a good boy...and it's been 2 months!!!!!!

My fam...cough cough...santa didn't bring me anything for christmas. Blizzard, please be my santa, and give me some news about classic wow, thank you

I honestly wouldn’t expect much. My guess would be it comes out in 2020 or late 2019.

Christmas ain't coming for another two years at least, better settle in for a long winter's nap.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    It's gonna be a loooong 1-1.5 year for you. They are still hiring the team they got nothing to tell you.
    There whouldn't be much for the team to acually do right now or in the distant future untill Classic is released. The most they have to do is to deal with the servers and get the acual core that they lied about that they lost and then acually never lost it and then said you think you do but you dont want classic and then same person announced your favourite flavour is vanilla... (Edited out: Nostalrius Devs)
    Once Classic acually launches they have to have gotten some CMs & GMs and train them for the Classic project.

Edit: Since people got incredibly butthurt over that i wrote that Blizzard whould use the Nostalrius Core. It's obviously blizzard somewhere stated that they whouldn't use it which i've have yet to find.
    Last edited by Zulatomten; 2018-01-05 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Butthurt Forumpeople

Deleted
    Gotta admit it's kinda sad not to be able to get anything from them :s.
    On the other hand, when you think about what happened the last time they gave us something (and it was just about debating whether classes changes were a good thing or not), well...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zomgzerg View Post
    They are just assmbling the team to work on thsi project, it's very likely you won't hear anything from Blizzard about Classic until next Blizzcon.
    So much pessimism, so many people are assuming that we won't get classic until 2-3 years just because we didn't get a date. Imo it should take a year at max. The only reason they'd delay the launch more than that is to avoid competing with the new expansions (which would of course make sense)

Quote Originally Posted by bluestalya View Post
    So much pessimism, so many people are assuming that we won't get classic until 2-3 years just because we didn't get a date. Imo it should take a year at max. The only reason they'd delay the launch more than that is to avoid competing with the new expansions (which would of course make sense)
    Because he made it sound like they were a ways off from being able to do anything. And I think it was mentioned that even saying anything about classic was a decision they made at the last second. But maybe, I'm remembering this wrong. I've slept a few times since Blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulatomten View Post
    There whouldn't be much for the team to acually do right now or in the distant future untill Classic is released. The most they have to do is to deal with the servers and get the acual core from the Nostalrius Devs.
    Once Classic acually launches they have to have gotten some CMs & GMs and train them for the Classic project.
    THEY WILL NOT USE NOST CORE........ get that through you thick skulls.......... It was more buggy that original WoW.......

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluestalya View Post
    https://www.pcgamesn.com/world-of-wa...ch-progression

They literally just started hiring back in November for the project. If there is one consistent thing about Blizz, they take their sweet time doing anything. One year is optimistic. 1 1/2 to 2 years is probably more realistic. I would expect them to unload the hype at the next BlizzCon for Classic with a release 6 to 9 months after that.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol dude the server isn't launching in 2018

but do keep waiting, it improves patience.

Also it has not even start F&F alpha cycle yet. Once that starts you are 6-9months away from launch..... So calm down you have a long wait.

Releasing Classic this year doesn't even make sense. This year is for BfA expansions, 2019 is the best bet for Classic release.

Deleted
    3 scenarios imo:

-summer 2018
    -October/November 2018
    -Q1 2019

If the launch happens afterwards, then the hype will be dead. It wouldn't be wise to do that.

Deleted
    There whouldn't be much for the team to acually do right now or in the distant future untill Classic is released. The most they have to do is to deal with the servers and get the acual core from the Nostalrius Devs.
    rofl
    An Arm Chair developer at its finest. Plus an extra gag "Nost Devs" MUAHAHAHA. Nost has develope nothing so please stop spreading that lie.
    and actually there is a LOT to do before the release of classic like integration into bnet, 64bit clients, etc etc

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vortextex View Post
    3 scenarios imo:
    -summer 2018
    -October/November 2018
    -Q1 2019
    as said before its launches bcon 2019 to its 15 year anniversary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortextex View Post
    If the launch happens afterwards, then the hype will be dead. It wouldn't be wise to do that.
    thsi thread is full of jokes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    rofl
    An Arm Chair developer at its finest. Plus an extra gag "Nost Devs" MUAHAHAHA. Nost has develope nothing so please stop spreading that lie.
    and actually there is a LOT to do before the release of classic like integration into bnet, 64bit clients, etc etc

- - - Updated - - -

as said before its launches bcon 2019 to its 15 year anniversary.
    thsi thread is full of jokes
    You have just as much proof as I do to claim that it's gonna happen in november 2019. And seriously, you think they're this stupid? Taking two years to release vanilla? Taking as much time as it takes to release a brand new game? No, just no...

News on classic? Maybe you'll see a playable Demo by Blizzcon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing is happening until after the next expansion launches
    Going to be a long wait for you

10+ Year Old Account
    If I recall, Nost fucked up and isn't part of the recipe anymore.

On Topic: I can imagine Classic launching on their 14th anniversary, after the release of BFA - not before.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

What we know:
    They have an internal server up and running
    They've recently hired their senior software engineer for the project
    They are still hiring 1 more software engineer

What they need to do:
    Decide what 'version' of Vanilla we are getting
    Modernization updates like battle.net integration

I'm optimistically hoping to hear something from Blizzard this month
    Classic WoW Content Creator - Daily Streams and Bi-Weekly Videos!
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/staysafetv
    YouTube: https://youtube.com/staysafetv

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arckos View Post
    My fam...cough cough...santa didn't bring me anything for christmas. Blizzard, please be my santa, and give me some news about classic wow, thank you
    they didnt even have a full team for it yet.
    it wont be till 2019, they literally said at blizzcon "we are starting devolpment" not "we are near finishing"

it will most likley pop up during the near end of the next expansion. to fill that content gap at the end for players.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content