Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    You'll be waiting a hell of a long time. BfA's content drought at least.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    For every single bug, missing feature or broken promise in retail version, every single second spent on Vanilla, is a direct kick in the balls for retail players..
    And the ignorance continues.

You do realize Blizzard has multiple teams working on multiple projects... right? Or do you also think developing Hearthstone or Heroes of the Storm took content away from World of Warcraft?

Or you're just parroting bullshit to justify your whining. Either way, moving on.

Deleted
    I doubt they even assembled the team.They ain't gonna just copy some private server code.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfy View Post
    I doubt they even assembled the team.They ain't gonna just copy some private server code.
    They surely have a small team for while. The team provided already a build for testing and an experienced team is needed to give all the knowledge to the new members. My expectation for classic is a few months after BfA launches. When a lot of people are unsubscribing; so they are able to keep them in the subscription and maybe they stay longer and come back to BfA later again, too. People who are only interested in Classic may also enter BfA after a while, because there's a fresh product (which also has the Allie vs. Horde war). There is synergy between both products for a general higher subscription. I expect a cheaper subscription for Classic only and a full one for both. But maybe I'm wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shifu View Post
    They hired a whole separate new team for Classic wow.

So your point is null and void.
    ....And those development do not work on bugs or missing features in retail... So my argument still stand..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

The best thing people who want classic can do is go play a private server. The reason Blizzard announced classic was in a attempt to shut down the private server community, thinking people will stop playing as that wait for the real Blizzard server. The only thing that would cause Blizzard to follow through and actually make Classic would be if the private server community continues to grow. So go play and make Blizzard realize how much money theyre losing by not having their own server.

Infracted: Discussion of private servers is ill-advised and against the rules. Advising people to play on them is over the line. [ML]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2018-01-11 at 08:41 AM.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    You'll be waiting a hell of a long time. BfA's content drought at least.
    BfA releases Q3 this year, so let's say August/September. Roughly, what, 16–18 months from that point we'll be knee-deep in a BfA content drought. February/March 2020 at the earliest? LOL no. I get it that many of you are jaded by previous timelines, but this is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post
    The best thing people who want classic can do is go play a private server. The reason Blizzard announced classic was in a attempt to shut down the private server community, thinking people will stop playing as that wait for the real Blizzard server. The only thing that would cause Blizzard to follow through and actually make Classic would be if the private server community continues to grow. So go play and make Blizzard realize how much money theyre losing by not having their own server.
    It actually had the opposite effect. A ton of people, myself included, got so excited for it that we with the ensuing lack of any communication, we decided to seek out and play on private servers. I'm pretty happy I did. Already have my first 60, and working on my attunements to get ready for raiding.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by surake View Post
    I honestly wouldn’t expect much. My guess would be it comes out in 2020 or late 2019.
    Game is already made. They are mainly need to update their infrastructure.

People here have to realize that creating an already finished game will not take 2 years. They have everything they need from 3D models, animations, quests all stored up, talents and everything they actually had to create to release WoW in the first place. They just need to make sure it works and remove as many bugs as they can.

Everything is there for them, finished. They just need to make sure it works and patch what's broken.

I'd say Classic will be released this year.

Personally I like the idea of classic, but I have a very bad feeling about it.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they canceled it along the way. Not because it can't be done, but because of all kinds of gameplay considerations: you either provide the authentic classic experience - which will prove to be too dated and unappealing to many, or you make QOL compromises. But both the designers and the players will never really agree on what those compromises should be. So there's a big risk it turns into a bad copy of the original game. I think there's a serious chance they decide to abandon the project, because it doesn't fit their vision of the kind of games they want to make after all (or something along those lines). It will be a big disappointment to some people but Blizzard will survive.

Quote Originally Posted by deepr View Post
    Personally I like the idea of classic, but I have a very bad feeling about it.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they canceled it along the way. Not because it can't be done, but because of all kinds of gameplay considerations: you either provide the authentic classic experience - which will prove to be too dated and unappealing to many, or you make QOL compromises. But both the designers and the players will never really agree on what those compromises should be. So there's a big risk it turns into a bad copy of the original game. I think there's a serious chance they decide to abandon the project, because it doesn't fit their vision of the kind of games they want to make after all (or something along those lines). It will be a big disappointment to some people but Blizzard will survive.
    I think 'classic' is an attempt by Blizzard to bring back some of the old time players, not really for the current player base. Many veteran players (myself included) are rather disgusted with the way WoW has went for the past several years. I couldn't imagine the current crop of ease of access, instant gratification, types enjoying classic style game play, at least not to any sort of meaningful extent. There may be a few, but overall not for the current WoW players. Having said that I would like to see some *minor* QoL changes done, but only things like perhaps some class fixes, and perhaps some graphics enhancements.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demithio View Post
    I think 'classic' is an attempt by Blizzard to bring back some of the old time players, not really for the current player base. Many veteran players (myself included) are rather disgusted with the way WoW has went for the past several years. I couldn't imagine the current crop of ease of access, instant gratification, types enjoying classic style game play, at least not to any sort of meaningful extent. There may be a few, but overall not for the current WoW players. Having said that I would like to see some *minor* QoL changes done, but only things like perhaps some class fixes, and perhaps some graphics enhancements.
    You'd be surprised: I see all kinds of people who are hyped about classic wow. Old players, new players, newcomers, people who never touched mmos before, ...

Quote Originally Posted by Vortextex View Post
    3 scenarios imo:

-summer 2018
    -October/November 2018
    -Q1 2019

If the launch happens afterwards, then the hype will be dead. It wouldn't be wise to do that.
    The hype will be there even if it launches in 2024.

MFW people really think there will be news about classic before next blizzcon http://i1.wp.com/thats-normal.com/wp...size=570%2C307

Deleted
    Now that all positions in the team had been filled, I expect they will update on progress in a few months.