Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    I see your point. But I mean more like a world ending kind of deal. If the trolls ever got to that level didn't everyone help? She kinda makes it sound like the horde or alliance did nothing was just them, even though early humans helped them with it
    But the trolls were at that point as well as their alliance to support Lei Shen, the Thunder King. The Sin'dorei and Quel'dorei have been spearheading the defense against the trolls.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    Seems just about right, it only fits the narrative of the belves and nightborne being vapid narcissists. Haha.
    I am sorry, but all elves are narcissists. High Elves, Blood Elves, Highborne, Nightborne, Night Elves etc etc etc.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Lightforged Draenei actually surprised me, I like them a bit more now.

Void Elves are just even more cancerous though. Just... Why.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    But the trolls were at that point as well as their alliance to support Lei Shen, the Thunder King. The Sin'dorei and Quel'dorei have been spearheading the defense against the trolls.

- - - Updated - - -

I am sorry, but all elves are narcissists. High Elves, Blood Elves, Highborne, Nightborne, Night Elves etc etc etc.
    It's because they have to be superior, otherwise they admit evolving from Trolls.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Yes, they have in common bitching about Tyrande, when she saved their asses. Liadrin has short memory when she villainize her, even though blood elves were saved by tyrande in lordaeron. And she has right to be angry at nighborne, when they, as a highborne locked themselves and didnt fight in the war of the ancients.
    Watching the two Nightborne videos shows how utterly stuck up both them and the Blood Elves are.. And the disdain they have for Alleria who is after all one of their own is well, lets just say words I can't say here..

I quite like the humour of the Lightforged intro, and the void elves one seems fun.

Highmountain? Meh. But there's stuff missing.

As for the Nightborne... that scene with Tyrande was awful... it really doesn't expand on any benefit of picking a side, and Tyrande is showing no character growth even as far back as from Warcraft 3 in that moment.
    And then the Alleria part, where she comes with a message and barely says any of it before giving up?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Watching the two Nightborne videos shows how utterly stuck up both them and the Blood Elves are.. And the disdain they have for Alleria who is after all one of their own is well, lets just say words I can't say here..
    I mean she is 'one of their own' in that she has been gone for 40 years and has missed the 3 most important things that have defined the Sindorei in modern times; betrayal by Garithos, slaughter at the hands of the Scourge and the addiction to fel magic and the civil war that ensued.

Then, upon her return, she demands that they ally with their enemies of decades, those who have murdered hundreds of their kin the last time a change of allegiance was in order all because her baby daddy is a human.

They are right to show disdain for her offer, in fact by letting her near the Sunwell they show her far more good will than she deserves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    Void Elves are just even more cancerous though. Just... Why.
    Because a business guy came up to WoW blizlets and told them: "dumb cunts, you did all you said you'll do to make Warcraft great again and failed like you always do; people asked for high elves for the Alliance for ages and now you dumb cunts will do it or I swear to sweet Jesus almighty that I WILL make every last one of your favourite buttplugs electrocute you on insertion".
    So the poor blizlets sat down to get them elves in with many a heavy sigh, but to properly express their wistfulness after the threat regarding their bestest friends ever (the electrocution thing), they made those elves cancerous.

That's your proper void elf lore right here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Tyrande makes it easy for everyone to bitch about her. I'm Alliance myself and I could never stand her attitude.

It could the voice actress though. In any case I wholeheartedly hate her.
    Methinks the actress and general outline of the character go hand in hand. Where-is-my-belovayeed was barely tolerable in WC3 and things only got worse since then.

Deleted
    Lmao, it is ridiculous how bad the writing is for the Suramar cutscenes.

''Tyrande spanked us with words after we betrayed our people 10 000 years ago, but she still helped us by supplying troops, warmachines and fought for our freedom herself at the front lines... she is NASTY and we HATE her''

''Ah yes, Tyrande has been super mean to us as well! Even though on that occasion, she too helped me, let us use this 5-year-old logic to base incredibly heavy decisions upon!''

Like what, are Thalyssra and Liadrin fucking children? This has got to be some of the worst writing ever in WoW and it puts the two elves in the joke character category...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, they have in common bitching about Tyrande, when she saved their asses. Liadrin has short memory when she villainize her, even though blood elves were saved by tyrande in lordaeron. And she has right to be angry at nighborne, when they, as a highborne locked themselves and didnt fight in the war of the ancients.
    Diplomacy matters. While Tyrande was getting snobby with the Nightfallen, Liadrin was out there hustling for the Horde and sympathizing with them. Shit like that tends to come up when you're looking at potential allies.

edit: Also, while the night elves assisted the blood elves under Kael'thas, shortly before the blood elves went to the Horde they found evidence of night elves spying on them in the Eversong Woods, and occupying blood elf territory in the Ghostlands. Rather than focus their efforts on fighting back the Scourge in the area, these night elves seemed more interested in making sure the blood elves (who had by that point withdrawn from the Alliance and turned their focus toward pulling themselves back from the brink of extinction) were behaving themselves, and attacked any passing blood elf on sight.

Since then, the night elves have become the blood elves' enemy simply out of faction affiliation, as due to the assistance of the Forsaken and Horde adventurers, the blood elves ended up joining the Horde for allies and a reliable route to Outland (an allegiance that was reinforced later after Garrosh nearly drove them out, when Jaina unknowingly sabotaged talks of defecting to the Alliance with the Purge of Dalaran). The night elves haven't exactly been in a rush to bridge the gap, either, despite Tyrande allowing the Shen'dralar back into Darnassus to train new mages shortly before the Shattering.

So why, again, would Liadrin be well-disposed toward the night elves because once, shortly after the Third War, Tyrande did their then-leader a solid, when their relations since then have been of distrust and enmity?
    Last edited by Thage; 2018-01-04 at 11:40 AM.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Night elves definitely aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo101 View Post
    I mean she is 'one of their own' in that she has been gone for 40 years and has missed the 3 most important things that have defined the Sindorei in modern times; betrayal by Garithos, slaughter at the hands of the Scourge and the addiction to fel magic and the civil war that ensued.

Then, upon her return, she demands that they ally with their enemies of decades, those who have murdered hundreds of their kin the last time a change of allegiance was in order all because her baby daddy is a human.

They are right to show disdain for her offer, in fact by letting her near the Sunwell they show her far more good will than she deserves.
    Everyone knows where would belves and their sunwell be if it wasn't for Alliance's help.

Besides, what Thalyssra shows in the cutscene with Tyrande is just reused audio from the Suramar campaign, nothing new, only confirming she made the nighborne pact with the horde soloely based on her personal feeling she got from one sentence with some mean words in it, not even representing Alliance's stance as whole, but only Tyrande's personal "disclaimer".
    She's also completely ignoring the fact that it was a night elf who cured their addiction, in fact she sounds like she somehow achieved it by herself - and Liadrin joins with her tales of world saving battles and other tales that didn't happen, in fact quite the opposite. After all, why do belves have green eyes? And what did they do to that one poor naaru?

Shame they turned her into such cunt, but I guess they wanted to show these cocky elves will always be just cocky elves, no matter how many times you save their asses.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think these intros give even more incentive for the high elves to fully join the alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    I think these intros give even more incentive for the high elves to fully join the alliance.
    The high elves have been firmly Alliance since WotLK, they just haven't been playable. Same as the mag'har orcs in the Horde.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    Night elves definitely aren't.
    Oh, they are just as much. It is a common trait for the elves.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    there is a part of liandrins dialogue that makes no sense to me,

"The sindorei are also scorned by Tyrande and her prideful lot. Yet for many ages her people slept in dens or hid in trees while my people fought to save this world"

Where was this? When did the sindorei take part in world saving while the kaldorei didnt?
    The Sin'dorei aided Illidan and Vashj in routing off the Burning Legion when they reopened the Dark Portal in BC. Otherwise the Horde and Alliance forces would of been destroyed and Azeroth over-run. That is at least one instance.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean against the amount of naysayers who are adamant otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    And by "saved" you mean offered tiny bit of help before tyrande fell from the bridge ?

Deleted
    Alliance fanboys on this site are unbearable. Don't you even read your own fucking quests? In suramar world quests tyrande shits on every Nightborne and treats them like meat shields for her fucking good for nothing people. Why the fuck would they join those assholes? And since when falling from a bridge is considered help?

Quote Originally Posted by Heart of Thorns View Post
    Brothers and sisters, I find T'Paartos to be of holy inclinations, truly a zealous soul. Even if a little bit simple.
    Nah, he's just an outspoken pokemon fan.

I liked the Nightborne intro with Lor'themar, he actually got to be snarky with a spine for once!

I absolutely adore the Void Elves' cutscene.

I'm quite fond of the Telogrus Rift aesthetically and of course i am glad that Alleria herself states clearly that the goal of the Void Elves is to protect Azeroth using their newfound powers. The Ren'dorei are truly one of the few races in the Warcraft universe who are willing to put the petty squabbles of lesser mortals aside to focus on the well-being of the world of Azeroth.

I also like how the Void is a volatile energy that corrupted the Dragons and even the children of the Titans, yet the Void Elves, who were mere mortals once, have managed to master the power of the shadows and resist the whispers through sheer willpower and courage. I am so hyped to play as a Void Elf.

I'm also fascinated by the Old God-infested world that you can see from the Telogrus Rift (the Void Elf zone). Does anyone know what that planet, that is clearly corrupted by the Old Gods, is? If it has any relevance in the storyline?
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I used to like blood elves, kinda not anymore.

Nice, more evidence that they'll be playable before the release of BfA.

Also, kind of glad they're addressing the Nightborne-chosing-horde-over-alliance-thing, and it makes a bit of sense I suppose. And the Alleria bit was interesting too. Kind of want to roll a Horde now to be able to see the full storylines.