Lightbulb Interesting addon request

Hello and happy new year !

It is there any posibilities to integrate a windows application in game ? I need to integrate for example outlook in game. So i can respond to e-mails and play world of warcraft in my free time. That would be interesting.

Thank you in advance

Best regards,
    Alessia.

No, you cannot start any other application from within the game, let alone integrate their functionalities.
    Nice idea, but that won't happen

e: in theory, you could write a simple mail client in LUA and use it as an addon inside the game. This won't work, though, because WoW doesn't allow addons to call web services.
    Last edited by ChrisKoe; 2018-01-04 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alessia View Post
    Hello and happy new year !

It is there any posibilities to integrate a windows application in game ? I need to integrate for example outlook in game. So i can respond to e-mails and play world of warcraft in my free time. That would be interesting.

Thank you in advance

Best regards,
    Alessia.
    The "second monitor" addon will do that

Or just alt-tab out of WoW. It's even smoother when running in fullscreen window mode.

Just prop up your smartphone next to your monitor and have it buzz when you get email.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.