Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[speculation] Vareesa becomes a Void Elf

I have a theory that Vareesa becomes a Void Elf but unlike the other Void Elves, she succumbs to the whisper and destroyed Teldrassil to usher the return of the Old Gods.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Nah i don't think so.

Your scenario will never happen.

What i can see happen though is that, if Vereesa does die, some of the remaining High Elves, lacking leadership, will throw their lot with Alleria and accept the untold power that she offers.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Preferably she becomes a dead, and not an undead type, but a dead dead.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ren-dorei View Post

What i can see happen though is that, if Vereesa does die, some of the remaining High Elves, lacking leadership, will throw their lot with Alleria and accept the untold power that she offers.
    Right up until it drives them nuts you mean.

OT I'd laugh but I doubt that would happen, High elves were too chickenshit to kill mana wryms, they wouldn't go void.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2018-01-11 at 08:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Right up until it drives them nuts you mean.
    I would rather see high elves being sacrificed by void elves in some blood orgy berserk-style.

now we only need obelisk kai to complete the circle(jerk)

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    now we only need obelisk kai to complete the circle(jerk)
    Make sure to add in increasingly sarcastic responses as you slowly realize more and more you aren't getting high elves?
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

If the wounded Elf on the "Burning Teldrassil" illustration is Vereesa, there's some possibilities:
    - she's deadly wounded and she dies there.
    - she's dealy wounded and she dies there but Sylvanas offers her the undeath. If Vereesa enjoys that or not it's another story.
    - she's wounded but is brought to Undercity where she is imprisoned and kept as a future vessel for Sylvanas, in case if the Banshee Queen is dying.

But turning to a Void Elf? Hell no, Alleria is already the Voidy Windrunner sister.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    I have a theory that Vareesa becomes a Void Elf but unlike the other Void Elves, she succumbs to the whisper and destroyed Teldrassil to usher the return of the Old Gods.
    Interesting idea.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Vereesa became a villain somehow, there is not a lot of difference between her and Alleria now, except Alleria has some new story development.
    Blizzard haven't really got any new villains in the works, other than Azshara/Old Gods/Wrathion (maybe).

Why would she choose to destroy Teldrassil though? And how could that be misconstrued to start a conflict with the Horde?

If we had seen Vereesa going with Alleria during her void sojourn in Argus, I'd like this idea: the contrast between Alleria harnessing the void to save the one she loves, with Vereesa accepting the void teachings to get revenge on those she thinks have spurned her.

But how things are, there wouldn't be much set up beyond Vereesa deciding to go void and then evil at the same time, which could work (by wow standards) but would come too much from the left field, and eh, the decision to not address the silver covenant and Vereesa with the whole void elf storyline feels more purposeful than an oversight. Basically, if they had been meaning to turn Vereesa mad with the whispers for the void and she is the dead elf on teldrassil, they would have set it up during 7.3 as both pieces of intel came around the same time.

Not to say that Vereesa isn't the dead elf on teldrassil -I believe she might be- but I don't think it will be related to the void, cause they would have hinted that on 7.3

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krixooks View Post
    Interesting idea.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Vereesa became a villain somehow, there is not a lot of difference between her and Alleria now, except Alleria has some new story development.
    Blizzard haven't really got any new villains in the works, other than Azshara/Old Gods/Wrathion (maybe).

Why would she choose to destroy Teldrassil though? And how could that be misconstrued to start a conflict with the Horde?
    Would the alliance accept that? not because any love for Veeresa tho, but turning one Windrunner evil, make the idea of turning the dead one much more unlikely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ren-dorei View Post

I don't dislike the idea of the reaining headless silver covenant joining the void elves for a strong leadership, but IDK, I feel they would have taken that narrative chance back on 7.3, where they could have actually weave the story of the silver covenant, or in fact, even Umbric's followers, with Allerias void journey. I mean, either way to actually introduce the void elves during 7.3 and actually connect them to the argussian reach faction.

Regardless, while I think it would be fine to merge the remaining SC high elves with the Velves to resolve their plot significance, I think they would have pointed towards that already. The lack of any addressing of the remaining high elves -and elisande's snipe- make me think is more likely we'll end up with half elves in a couple of years rather than have the remaining high elves join the void elves.

Either way, I still think blizzard has to resolve them somehow.

"Alleria is my favorite Windrunner sister. Edgier than Vereesa, but slightly less homicidal than the dead one."
    - velf /silly

Imho this literally gives Vereesa immunity. I doubt they'd refer to Sylvanas as the dead one if Vereesa was dead. And it doesn't make sense to delete this quote just as the expansion begins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieldon View Post
    "Alleria is my favorite Windrunner sister. Edgier than Vereesa, but slightly less homicidal than the dead one."
    - velf /silly

Imho this literally gives Vereesa immunity. I doubt they'd refer to Sylvanas as the dead one if Vereesa was dead. And it doesn't make sense to delete this quote just as the expansion begins.
    Just like how most of the Alliance knows nothing about Benedictus betrayal or Boldvar is the new Lich King, heck not even knowing the Horde did not betray the Alliance, I would have no doubt that they would know what happened to Teldrassil.

And according to Alleria;"Perhaps death is the only legacy of the Windrunner".

Just like how most of the Alliance knows nothing about Benedictus betrayal or Boldvar is the new Lich King, heck not even knowing the Horde did not betray the Alliance, I would have no doubt that they would know what happened to Teldrassil.

And according to Alleria;"Perhaps death is the only legacy of the Windrunner".
    Most of the Alliance - maybe. The quote is from a playable character though who should know what happens in Teldrassil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieldon View Post
    Most of the Alliance - maybe. The quote is from a playable character though who should know what happens in Teldrassil.
    The playable Void Elf character didn't unlock themselves. So it;s befitting they are clueless about it too.

It's Vereesa.

The playable Void Elf character didn't unlock themselves. So it;s befitting they are clueless about it too.
    That could be true if Teldrassil happens before Allied races.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I would rather see high elves being sacrificed by void elves in some blood orgy berserk-style.
    Sometimes I think you anti High Elves are racist and don't respect them at all. This Whole Void Elf idea was just a stupid circlejerk from Blizzard caving in to the people who don't want High Elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes I think you anti High Elves are racist and don't respect them at all. This Whole Void Elf idea was just a stupid circlejerk from Blizzard caving in to the people who don't want High Elves.
    What ? Us not respecting high elves ? What could possibly give you this idea ? They are great, detailed and interesting race.