Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It's less then 1%, and that's from best to worst, not alliance to horde. Alliance and horde are very comparable.
    1% is a lot if you wipe to enrage on some bosses (ie argus).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    Yeah I bet we see a gigantic influx of horde players go alliance on some progression boss that is literally made way easier by having void elf teleport.

It'll be great.
    The teleport is probably going to have a 3 or 5 min cd attached to it on live servers, don't see it creating big plays like goblin jump.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Here's the thing, Alliance has some of the best racials still, many racials are only a .6% difference between each other from a raw DPS standpoint. Human is literally the best for many specs in game, including Horde races. The big thing is Blood Elf has 2 racials that drastically change the loadout for a lot of progression encounters. Blood Elf having a free interrupt(that also generates resource) AND 1% crit just smokes anything Alliance has. Its specifically Blood Elf that's overtuned from the others and only Blood Elf that needs to be changed. They need to remove the free interrupt because no one in game has anything remotely as strong as that.
    Human racial is good but in most sims it doesn't end up being first.
    Last edited by mmoc925aeb179c; 2018-01-12 at 01:46 PM.

Scrubbusters just wanted to come to the most competitive server on EU horde.

Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    Human racial is good but in most sims it doesn't end up being first.
    Except it does, it ends up being far more than 1%(like other racials) at higher gear levels, its the only racial that scales better the better your gear is.

US Sargeras Alliance Guild <midwinter> has also announced plans today to go Horde
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2018-01-25 at 09:58 AM.

Sadly I don't think Blizzard will do anything to this situation. Their more casual playerbase is apathetic towards this and they make money from transfers. Logically why would they change it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    yeah because a top tier player with atleast 2 or 3 decent to good geared alt has the money to transfer all his alts to a sever and faction change :S:S:S
    consdering how many top tier guilds that can run multiple sell runs for gold equivalent to a token every week during the last months of an expansion they definitely do

Quote Originally Posted by aluser View Post
    consdering how many top tier guilds that can run multiple sell runs for gold equivalent to a token every week during the last months of an expansion they definitely do
    .......read my previous post in this thread please.
    Real high end guilds ...yeah.
    Bit lower ( top sever guilds but not top area guilds)...nope.

And its about a shit ton alts etc. And still it is more then just money etc. Its about friends that stay behind, finding the correct server with a balance of good competition, good player base etc.
    And if you look at the top guilds they are 99% hord now. Because of the past mistake's from blizzard. So there are no options to go alliance anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    US Sargeras Alliance Guild <midwinter> has also announced plans today to go Horde
    lol 6 ally guilds now in the top 50

Might as well just tighten up that noose for alliance raiding. Guess this happens when you litter one side of a faction "war" with a bunch of Mary Sue's and ineffective geeks in leadership positions.
    Last edited by Kazuchika; 2018-01-25 at 08:55 PM.

No that's what happens when Blood Elves and Trolls exist (and to a lesser extent, Goblins)

7+ Year Old Account
    Once again, this is being talked about .
    Once again racials mean the bare minimum for the average player. And yes you're in that group to Mister/Misses 'cleared heroic a coupe times so you're dipping your toes in mythic'. You are the average player.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valrysha View Post
    there are now ZERO Alliance guilds in the top 10 rankings...

Blizzard need to remove power racials in BfA.
    Can't put a bandaid on a wound that has been festering for years. If most hardcore players have already made the switch to horde, for whatever reason, what is the incentive to go back if they remove racials? Might as well keep them at this point.

The complaints I've seen to the blood elf racials are completely valid, stacking a race shouldn't be a thing and it's a bit too powerful. Races should only be for looks and some fun things like undead being able to breathe under water indefinitely. That doesn't affect your performance in any way, those things are fine and are just fun flavour stuff. However, what surprises me the most here is that I've not seen many complaints about new void elf racials, but maybe I've missed the complaints. In comparison to even the blood elf racials, they are honestly fucking absurd in power levels for just picking a race. I will be slightly shocked if this doesn't get changed. In general I am fine with very slight performance increases, but I don't consider these slight, they are full of utility and DPS, arguably even moreso than the blood elf racials.

"Spatial Rift: Tear a rift in space. Reactivate this ability to teleport through the rift. 40 yd range. 2 min cooldown."
    "Spatial Rift: Rip a hole in space and time, transporting you to the targeted location. 100 yd range." This is literally a race specific portal, like the demonic portal that warlocks (used to?) have, how is this not unbalanced for PVP and incredibly useful for PVE?
    "Entropic Embrace: Your abilities have a chance to empower you with the essence of the Void." A literal 5% flat damage and healing increase for six seconds, that's not a small buff for a RACIAL. How is this not OP for both PVE and PVP if you compare for other races?
    "Preternatural Calm: Your spell casts are not delayed by taking damage." This is mostly good for PVP but also has some use in PVE, I suppose. It's still slightly absurd that this is added on top of the other two racials and that picking one race will allow your casts to not get delayed by damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    The top 1% of the raid scene who actually bother going horde to raid is such a small amount of players it doesn't matter. 20 less people play the alliance out of millions
    When a ton of alliance guilds are shifting to the horde side because of recruitment issues it goes a hell of a lot deeper than "big deal 20 people don't play alliance anymore" but hey keep telling yourself that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blaming racials on PVE population imbalance is like Microsoft saying they are Offshoring to another country because the food in their cafeteria is better in India.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Blaming racials on PVE population imbalance is like Microsoft saying they are Offshoring to another country because the food in their cafeteria is better in India.
    racials are responsible, except that the damage was done back in cata/MoP, now it's just an issue of "well everyone else is already horde"
    and anyway it's alliance, so blizz doens't care

Deleted
    The funny part of all discussions like this will always be, that 99.9999% of all WoW players could increase their performance best by actually playing good and not blaming wrong racial, sec stats, legiondaries, ..., ..., ..., .., ... for it.

Stuff like racials make a real difference if you are a really really really (pls add another 29 really) good player and no, you looking at this text are not one of these players. And no, having orange logs on warcraft logs still makes you not one of these players.

Quote Originally Posted by Bixster View Post
    The funny part of all discussions like this will always be, that 99.9999% of all WoW players could increase their performance best by actually playing good and not blaming wrong racial, sec stats, legiondaries, ..., ..., ..., .., ... for it.
    This thread adresses the top performing guilds in the world, not the other 99%. There however also is the effect this 1% makes on the majority too because the rest of the playerbase simply sees that the Horde is the ultimate PvE champion of WoW, whereas the Alliance is far behind, making even more players pick the Horde when looking forward to PvE endgame. This leads to diminishing returns on the Alliance raiding scene.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they remove the racials it won't change anything because the guilds won't suddenly change back to Alliance.

It would be cool if one race didn't have such a huge advantage in M+, especially when it's not a race I care to play. But it would be bad if the races became so homogenized that they lost their unique flavors.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Guess this happens when you litter one side of a faction "war" with a bunch of Mary Sue's and ineffective geeks in leadership positions.
    If you think this has anything to do with guilds transferring, you really don't understand the issue.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Oh good lord, there is less then a 1% difference between racials now, the only thing lately that made horde more attractive was rocket jump on KJ and that's more a utility racial then anything.

Leave the damn racials be, they've been nerfed enough already.
    1% is often the difference between a wipe and a kill on the race to world first and early kills.
    Guilds in the top 5 have over 5 alts to do split runs to funnel gear into their "mains" or whichever characters they will use for certain bosses. That's also a really small boost.
    Tanks in top 5 guilds have all tank classes and specs geared up and available to do any boss they are doing, that's another minor change that makes killing bosses possible.

Every little bit helps, obviously powerful racial abilities and mechanics matter! Maybe not for anyone outside top 10 in the world but in the extremely tight race for top 1/3/5 it does!
    Take the 1% magic damage buff racial, if you had that today and you had 10 caster dpsers doing 2m dps (on average) that's 200k dps you'd get from free if you were alliance who doesn't get anywhere close to the same powerful racial buffs. "200k dps is nothing." you might say, well how many of you are min/maxing your trinkets and shit for 2000 dps? That's the same thing as these racials! Min/max is all about digging out the 1% extra!
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!