Which company has the most 'public secret' leaks?

Lots of game devs get leaks now and then or facts that just dont get that well known outside the core audience so they remain kind of niche. Like how Halo was originally a 3rd person shooter exclusive to Macintosh computers before Microsoft contacted them wanting a shooter for their in production 'direct X box'. Or how Pokemon was originally set in a quasi medieval fantasy world that was lifted wholesale to make Monster Rancher instead.

But some companies get leaks more than others. Which would you consider having the worst corporate security?

My money would have to go to Square Enix. Sega has a lot of trouble keeping stuff under wraps but Square has had a bunch of leaks over the years that they never publicly admitted as a company long after employees said otherwise.

Examples include:
    -Final Fantasy 13 was such a moneyhole after the insane lead developer overproduced so many assetts that to recoup costs they took the half finished sequels Valkyrie Profile 3 and Chrono Break and turned them into FF13-2 and Lightning Returns to make back money
    -The reason Parasite Eve is dead is because its a sequel to a book by Hideaki Sena who only gave SE the rights for a decade in 1998 and thats why PE3 is called 'the 3'rd birthday' because they legally they cannot make games called Parasite Eve anymore
    -There was a working build of FF7 both using sprites like FF6 and even rougher polygonal characters in a proposed N64 build
    -Tomb Raiders reboot was originally meant to be a open world survival horror involving Oni and Youkai on an island in the seas between china and japan
    -They have always owned the rights to make games based on the Highlander series of films but aside from one cancelled original xbox title they never actively worked on a highlander game in the last 30 years.
    -They made a PS2 mmorpg called Ambrosia Odessy and even after completing a retail build never released it after a japanese closed beta

Its a company that can't seem to keep anything secret wether they release it or not.

Can you think of a company worse for keeping game info secret?

What? Ubisoft takes the cake here. AC Syndicate and AC Origins where leaked a week before Unity came out ffs. Mario+Rabbids was the only one of the Switch "leaks" that ended up being accurate.

Most of the sqaure shit you talked about wasn't actually leaked until years later and not really leaks in the first place as they where openly talked about in interviews.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by torish View Post
    Electronic Arts. Everyone knows they are bad. They do nothing to prevent people from thinking they are bad. And they close studios with nice game ideas which shows they are bad.
    How is that a leak?

I agree with Tech614 though. Ubisoft seems really bad about this stuff. I can't really think of any other major companies leaking all that much, but maybe I just don't follow the news that closely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Deleted
    Valve are leaking stuff all the time for Dota and CS:GO, thats how they communicate their plans and what they are currently doing to the community.