Worth saving Wakening Essences over Upgrading now?

I have quite a few chars where I still have legendaries left unupgraded. On some of those, these legendaries are pointless to upgrade because I'll never use them.

Now with the announcement that wakening essence will be usable to buy new legendaries at 175 a pop, I had an idea.

What if I save the essence and don't turn the quests in, on all chars where this is possible, to save up 2-3 legendaries to buy on each when 7.3.5 launches?

Does anyone know if that is possible? IIRC essence stops dropping for you once you upgrade all legendaries, so if you save the last one you could keep collecting essence all the way to 7.3.5

Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    I have quite a few chars where I still have legendaries left unupgraded. On some of those, these legendaries are pointless to upgrade because I'll never use them.

Now with the announcement that wakening essence will be usable to buy new legendaries at 175 a pop, I had an idea.

What if I save the essence and don't turn the quests in, on all chars where this is possible, to save up 2-3 legendaries to buy on each when 7.3.5 launches?

Does anyone know if that is possible? IIRC essence stops dropping for you once you upgrade all legendaries, so if you save the last one you could keep collecting essence all the way to 7.3.5
    What's the point.. these legendaries will all be useless next expansion and we are at the end of the current expansion..

yeah you should, Ive upgraded all the ones I want and have not bothered to turn in and just been accumulating essences. But I do have all the legendaries anyway so hopefully they eventually make these boa

Yes save them up. Do not spend them on upgrades unless they're BiS and under 1000. Try to gather as many essences as you can.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Planetdune View Post
    What's the point.. these legendaries will all be useless next expansion and we are at the end of the current expansion..
    Well obviously its worthless to ppl who stopped playing but believe it or not some people still raid and want to do up their alts for challenge skins and stuff for the next 8 months

I want to do all the artifact challenges before the next expansion drops, and some of them are completly trivialized by certain legendaries (the grimtotem one by roots and affli one by ring come to mind)

As I'm not too good at some of the classes, I'll need all the help I can to get there, so a strategy to get more legendaries is always welcome. So far I've got 59 legendaries across all my chars - far from the BIS ones for every spec or even more then my main so far.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post

yes, it's very much worth it, under the condition that your current legendaries aren't very good
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

I'd wait on official word from Blizz if essences will be reset or capped at a certain amount before going all out farming. They've had a dim view of squirreling away stuff like this in the past.

Still 9 months of legion left, maybe even a year going by history.