Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    So this change is useless if you already have all legs on 1 char?
    I would imagine not, due to being able to get leggos for a random class or smth after you have gotten all your leggos, due to an update a long time ago.

Deleted
    Better hurry up to grab 970 BoE legendaries off the AH on fresh alts. There was only 1 up on Ravencrest EU, the cloth one.

Wow, guess that means the daily heroic will be pretty quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    You mean catchup mechanics like they did for the Ring in WoD?

It doesn't matter much anyway since the system is going away in Battle for Azeroth and Antorus clears have already happened.

Most people right now are either waiting for LFR to open to get their ring, done it on Normal/HC or are progressing Mythic.
    It might not matter to you, but this is a great change for me. I got bis leggos on main, and 2 of my 3 regularly played alts. My final alt has KJ and cindaria, which suck, so I welcome this!

Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    It might not matter to you, but this is a great change for me. I got bis leggos on main, and 2 of my 3 regularly played alts. My final alt has KJ and cindaria, which suck, so I welcome this!
    I didn't mean to me. I meant in general because the system is going away soon so now is the perfect time to offer one final catchup burst for it before it's gone. It doesn't have a huge effect in return because a lot of the raiding is done now anyway and the only people left to get the free 1000 ring will get it in a couple of weeks.

Hell I welcome it too. Means I can actually be bothered to work on my 12 alts now.

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Better hurry up to grab 970 BoE legendaries off the AH on fresh alts. There was only 1 up on Ravencrest EU, the cloth one.
    None on my server.. All leggys are already 1000 x_X

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylalai View Post
    None on my server.. All leggys are already 1000 x_X
    Calm down there is no way that you will can save essence now and get an advantage over other players, wont make it live that way.
    They will implement that old essence are for upgrade only...

I'm pretty sure, they will just wipe all the essence before patch launch. It would be quite stupid if they didn't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigcountry11782 View Post
    So if you have no legendaries or you have upgraded all of the legendaries that you have then you are screwed because you can't get the quest and you can't get Wakening essences anymore.So you can't start hording them for the Purified Titan Essence if you are able to get the quest because you haven't upgraded all of your legendaries then i guess gratz.....Amazing system Blizzard SMFH

- - - Updated - - -

If you upgraded all the legendaries you have you can't get the quest anymore.
    So you are incapable of reading?

Additionally, the Awoken Titan Essence used to upgrade Legendary items to item level 1000 is now sold by Arcanomancer Vridiel as a vendor item, rather than as a quest reward, for the same total cost (50 Wakening Essence). The quest will no longer be offered, but can be turned in if your character already has it active.
    So the essence is no longer a quest objective-currency hybrid, but just a currency.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald View Post
    Calm down there is no way that you will can save essence now and get an advantage over other players, wont make it live that way.
    They will implement that old essence are for upgrade only...
    Can't hurt to anticipate on this actually not happening.

I'm certain they won't wipe essences or introduce a new currency in the last months of the expansion when all tiers are cleared.

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Can't hurt to anticipate on this actually not happening.

I'm certain they won't wipe essences or introduce a new currency in the last months of the expansion when all tiers are cleared.
    I think if Blizz does anything, they will put a cap on how many essences you can hold at once, and anything over the cap will be turned into gold. They've held a dim view on squirreling away currencies before, so it's not unreasonable to think this time will not be any different.

Well I guess I'm not going to be upgrading any of my garbage tier legendaries that I was just upgrading because I could. Time to stockpile and crack open some more offspec ones.

So they are nerfing moonkins again! Thats just retarded!

It’s a Legion fire sale, all Legendaries must go!!! We’re like Oprah up in this place: you get a braaand newwww Leggggendaryyyy! And you get a Legendary, and YOU get a Legendary! Guess the price of this Legendary showcase? 175 Wakening Essences is correct! /cue music

To everyone having problems - go to AH, buy a 970 legendary, pick up the quest. It is THAT simple, it only require some brain usage. (And no need to equip the legendary, so you can send it to another alt when you're 'done with it' or resell it)

Only took the "final" patch of Legion to get around the whole RNG drop nature of legendaries after the huge amount of criticism over it early into Legion...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm more annoyed by that blue forum post a few weeks back that specifically stated that the essences are useless if you don't have anything to upgrade, but w/e, I'll get over it eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    To everyone having problems - go to AH, buy a 970 legendary, pick up the quest. It is THAT simple, it only require some brain usage. (And no need to equip the legendary, so you can send it to another alt when you're 'done with it' or resell it)
    All legendaries crafted AFTER the Anthorus release are already iL 1000. So nope, your idea is not THAT simple at all. ;-) On my server there are no <1000 iL legendaries left.

Yeah, seems like bad design or (hopefully) a glaring oversight. Kind of a shame that on some of my alts I am still missing legendaries considered to be the strongest, but as it stands now I can't stockpile to buy them to get the ones I need.
    Still, better than nothing I suppose.