Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Usually I try to see both sides of the arguement, but in this case I really only see in favor of set weapons. A dagger drops, here's a twin for it. Shield drops, here's a sword for it. Sounds good overall; however, some consideration should be done.
    For instance, shield drops, you get a sword. What about if a sword drops, do you automatically get a shield or does it become a 2nd sword for dual wielders such as Monks, DHs, Outlaws, etc? Does it do both?
    Does this now mean actually less options of customization, as instead of multiple 1H swords thru the instance there is only 1 specific since it has a twin attached? Do they attach strength and agility and intellect options to that weapon as they do now?
    It's a good idea, and I'd like to see it work; however, there are some underlying issues to be considered before fully arguing for something to happen.

Deleted
    Tbh, the system should be improved. Rather than relics, the bosses could drop a handle wich would be the stat basis of your item and you can craft it into any weapon type you want/need in a bench. I think that would lead to lesser waste and frustration if the "weapon" dropped can be use by everyone. Also, they could put weapon skins on the professions to make them more useful.

But meh... after they insisted with the current titanforge/gem/legendary systems, i just don't trust the devs with this anymore. It's a "whatever" from me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Usually I try to see both sides of the arguement, but in this case I really only see in favor of set weapons. A dagger drops, here's a twin for it. Shield drops, here's a sword for it. Sounds good overall; however, some consideration should be done.
    For instance, shield drops, you get a sword. What about if a sword drops, do you automatically get a shield or does it become a 2nd sword for dual wielders such as Monks, DHs, Outlaws, etc? Does it do both?
    Does this now mean actually less options of customization, as instead of multiple 1H swords thru the instance there is only 1 specific since it has a twin attached? Do they attach strength and agility and intellect options to that weapon as they do now?
    It's a good idea, and I'd like to see it work; however, there are some underlying issues to be considered before fully arguing for something to happen.
    It's an interesting idea. Rather than have say one dagger drop, it's a two dagger drop (whole set). They could also make it be like set tokens and have several weapon types per token.
    It would mean less customizations options, but the classes have been designed with the current weapons in mind. Letting say, Frost DK use a 2h now will just lead to balance issues and dilute the identity of the spec. I also like single minded fury, but things just make more sense like this.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    what the actual fuck. My type going away for good. For wanting weapons to drop separately rather than weapons and offhand/shields in one pack. Only person that needs to dissapear here is you my friend.
    Wrong. This game is now paid for and run by casuals. No one will miss you when you're gone and blizzard will not notice either.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Tbh, the system should be improved. Rather than relics, the bosses could drop a handle wich would be the stat basis of your item and you can craft it into any weapon type you want/need in a bench. I think that would lead to lesser waste and frustration if the "weapon" dropped can be use by everyone. Also, they could put weapon skins on the professions to make them more useful.

But meh... after they insisted with the current titanforge/gem/legendary systems, i just don't trust the devs with this anymore. It's a "whatever" from me.

- - - Updated - - -

It's an interesting idea. Rather than have say one dagger drop, it's a two dagger drop (whole set). They could also make it be like set tokens and have several weapon types per token.
    It would mean less customizations options, but the classes have been designed with the current weapons in mind. Letting say, Frost DK use a 2h now will just lead to balance issues and dilute the identity of the spec. I also like single minded fury, but things just make more sense like this.
    Identity of the spec? Since it's inception it's had both and only blizzards inability to balance 2h frost in pvp are why we got stuck with shit dw large daggers. Blizzard already killed most specs identity so that point is mute. Anyways there are way more slow 1h weapons that's going to have to drop now vs 2h if they don't go the drop as a pair route.

Some specs like ww will never be given priority for a drop every slow 1h agi user gets more out of it. Just thinking of the sheer amount of weapon drops needed. It was nice not to have to worry about them.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

It probably involves some sort of grind or slowdown mechanic now.

Just.. the way they always did? Why would they implement a different, new system after artifacts were so widely hated? I couldn't be happier that weapons will be dropping as normal again. Stop being so selfish and believing your holy off spec shield is more important than your raids main healers getting the upgrade, or run personal loot and just wait for it to drop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HavelTheRock View Post
    Just.. the way they always did? Why would they implement a different, new system after artifacts were so widely hated? I couldn't be happier that weapons will be dropping as normal again. Stop being so selfish and believing your holy off spec shield is more important than your raids main healers getting the upgrade, or run personal loot and just wait for it to drop.
    I'm not sure if you understood what the op meant or not. I for sure don't understand what your offspec -example got to do with this.

Personally I feel that titanforging will fuck up the whole old system. Your guildmate who plays the same spec rolls max tf weapon? Enjoy losing your raidspot (if you are in competitive guild). Otherwise I prefer weapon drops but would prefer them in sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Spookysheep View Post
    Wrong. This game is now paid for and run by casuals. No one will miss you when you're gone and blizzard will not notice either.
    If you say so buddy

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it will kind of suck as a fury warrior, lucky there is going to be personal loot but unlucky that there is going be personal loot [with my luck] But aside from that, im kind of tired of relics, it was always fun to get a new weapon and equip it. Get the cool transmogs from it and all. So although i will miss certain aspects of the Artifact weapons, it will also be refreshing to go back to getting weapon drops.

It's not like there isn't a good way to balance out needing double drops for melee dual wielders.
    Just make more 1 handers for the loot tables or up their drop rate in relation to 2 handers.
    Making one handers smaller but more frequent upgrades versus larger but less frequent ones for two-handers on average.

I'm just hoping they don't skimp out on caster off-hands as they have been some of the most interesting pieces as far as looks go. Also please let us show them while not actively wielding them

Weapon drops have way less RNG than relics, and you need fewer of them.

I am excited for the death of relics, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktomato View Post
    so browsing some threads, there seems to be some debate as to if we are going back to the old system of any weapon you can equip is usable for any spec (DW blood DK, 2H Frost, SMF Warrior) vs legion lock in.
    Both sides have valid points, but i have yet to see anyone discuss one of the potentially problematic areas in re-introducting weapons to the loot tables.
    For the duration of legion, every class needed 3 relics. no more, no less, every spec. but now we have the issue of some classes needing simply 1 drop in the form of a 2H weapon, others needing dual items, such as 1h swords, sword+shield e.t.c.
    I'm not necessarily saying this is a bad system, as it worked for many years, but i remember it being frustrating trying to get both a 1h and shield for an offspec when weapons are so highly sought after, and given the current artifact system of having a shield create a matching sword/mace/axe, or having 1h swords come in pairs feels far more streamlined and fair to me. i would like to imagine that if blizzard want to railroad certain classes into their existing weapon specializations, that fury warriors wont get unfairly discriminated by needing two 2h weapons, and that certain specs are easier to gear based on their weapon proficiency.

has this point been addressed anywhere or is there any indication that we will see weapons dropping in an artifact-esque way with one item contributing your entire spec weapon arsenal?
    That's not a problem, never was a problem. Maybe it's a problem in your eyes but that doesn't make it a real problem, only means you panic for nothing.