Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Please, do explain. Why does it not make any sense? If they take resources from retail and put them into classic it will affect the game in a negative way. No way around that.

I do play whatever I enjoy. This project is hurting what I enjoy though. Makes very much sense to be against it.
    That's a pathetic notion.

So, do you also whine or are against every other Blizzard project for taking resources from Warcraft? Damn Starcraft! Fucking Diablo! To hell with Heartstone! Roar Heroes of the Storm!

Oh wait... each project has a separate team working on it, who fucking knew! *gasp*

That's just spiteful whining for no other reason than to be a whiner. Stop it already, will you? Or don't, who cares, we already know how 'logical' the anti-classic crowd can be.

The OP is right Vanilla is a pretty terrible play experience, most classes just spam 1 button maybe use a 2nd or third on cd.

If you think Legion is easy try doing plus 22-25 keys, where you have to collect avoidance gear and time defensives to avoid one shots, while doing a rotation 10 times as complex as vanilla, or raid Mythic current content raids.

Quote Originally Posted by superhumanj View Post
    The OP is right Vanilla is a pretty terrible play experience, most classes just spam 1 button maybe use a 2nd or third on cd.

If you think Legion is easy try doing plus 22-25 keys, where you have to collect avoidance gear and time defensives to avoid one shots, while doing a rotation 10 times as complex as vanilla, or raid Mythic current content raids.
    I'm sorry but what guild is making people actively farm gear to roll avoidance?

On elysium we cleared MC one the first night with only blue/green gear, why? Because in 2017/2018, people have good connection, good computer (no need to look at the wall now to get decent frame rate) and most importantly, people know how to play the game and the boss are literally as easy as current LFR. The ''rotation'' of each class are so basic compared to retail WoW, the most difficult one is like combat rogue with 3 main abilities and a few cooldown. A lot of veteran praise the vanilla leveling experience because it was ''Challenging'' ..... no it's not!!! it's just LONG but not challenging at all. It's quite annoying actually because of the low spawn rate and only one person/group can tag a mob. Also .. the graphics look terrible, seriously, it didn't age very well ahah.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I'm sorry but what guild is making people actively farm gear to roll avoidance?
    He said for M+ 22-25. In raid it's not mandatory but it's actually pretty usefull if everybody has 10%+ avoidance (only 2 pieces ish).

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBlade6 View Post
    On elysium we cleared MC one the first night with only blue/green gear, why? Because in 2017/2018, people have good connection, good computer (no need to look at the wall now to get decent frame rate) and most importantly, people know how to play the game and the boss are literally as easy as current LFR. The ''rotation'' of each class are so basic compared to retail WoW, the most difficult one is like combat rogue with 3 main abilities and a few cooldown. A lot of veteran praise the vanilla leveling experience because it was ''Challenging'' ..... no it's not!!! it's just LONG but not challenging at all. It's quite annoying actually because of the low spawn rate and only one person/group can tag a mob. Also .. the graphics look terrible, seriously, it didn't age very well ahah.

- - - Updated - - -

He said for M+ 22-25. In raid it's not mandatory but it's actually pretty usefull if everybody has 10%+ avoidance (only 2 pieces ish).
    I doubt it's mandatory to farm avoidance gear though. Useful as you said sounds more like a bonus.

Deleted
    Lots of people playing WoW today didn´t have WoW when it came out, either they were to young, it was to expensive, or in my case, i didn´t even have internet back then ( Whoawsa!! ) So it will be fun for me to play the vanilla servers, if you don´t want to play it...Then don´t? Big deal?

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    ex players shouldn't be able to post on stuff they know nothing about. Especially when they try to compare private servers that do not even work as advertised against the smoothest WoW experience available. It just makes you look stupid.
    Smoothness is exactly what i miss from Blizzard servers, the new gameplay not so much. That's why i can't wait the official classic servers - the original wow experience with smooth and bug free client and server is what i've looked for for years.

Quote Originally Posted by superhumanj View Post

He's not "right", he's passing his opinion off as fact, just like other morons are.

Deleted
    The worst thing about classic servers is, I can't play them, otherwise I'll ruin my life again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Irlking View Post
    My point is it was amazing the first time, figuring everything out but now you know everything, nothing to feel awe about. For how long will people keep playing the same thing over and over. Thousands of people play on private servers cause its free, if given a choice they would play the current version of the game.
    Thousands of people don't play privates but would play and pay for vanilla if it was made by blizz. My 9 irls who play wow haven't touched vanilla since it was on retail, but every single one of us would try it if it was made by blizz, the 15$ is meaningless for people with a job. My guess is that there are more people willing to pay for blizz product than there are people who play version X because it's free.

I totally agree with your first point. I've returned to many old games and enjoyed them, but with vanilla I suspect it's a bit different for me. Can't get the epic feeling of discovering new places and things, now it will be just a pure grind with a clear route from start to finish.

Deleted
    Yeah, there's a large crowd of people who've been playing classic for ages, sure, to you it might be crap, but a lot of people like it.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    That's a pathetic notion.

So, do you also whine or are against every other Blizzard project for taking resources from Warcraft? Damn Starcraft! Fucking Diablo! To hell with Heartstone! Roar Heroes of the Storm!

Oh wait... each project has a separate team working on it, who fucking knew! *gasp*

That's just spiteful whining for no other reason than to be a whiner. Stop it already, will you? Or don't, who cares, we already know how 'logical' the anti-classic crowd can be.
    No, why would I do that?
    What are you even talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Why do you keep coming to this subforum if you aren't interested in classic?
    I am very interested in classic, looking forward to it as a matter of fact.

I just want it to actually BE classic.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by dondogshiat View Post
    I paid it myself. Source for tbc being 2nd most requested? I know that a lot private server scene requested for TBC, because before this one there wasn't any good tbc servers around. WoTLK servers are the best, because they have been developed longest and there are a lot wotlk servers, so people don't request it that much. Also based on how fast tbc servers die, I think it's safe to assume that TBC is worse than vanilla or wotlk.

Your idea how classes should work is actually quite like how they work in vanilla. It's a way more advanced because vanilla is old and simplistic, you have got your ideas from later iteration of classes and some of them are quite complex. Also you don't have specializations in vanilla, so your play style is more limited on your class base mechanics. So I think some of your ideas are not viable for vanilla style, because you would have to make a lot talents which would change how your skills work. In vanilla you are not prevented from casting frost spells as fire mage, they are just a lot weaker and inefficient.
    anyone can claim anything, I still want a source and Warmane tbc server has 8000 players. Light's hope is at the same number.

https://vanillaradar.com/lightshope-stats/
    https://www.warmane.com/information
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    anyone can claim anything, I still want a source and *snip* tbc server has 8000 players. *snip* is at the same number.
    ... then you give me a link that shows peak was 14222 players at 19:03. What comes to other one, if you knew the drama behind, you wouldn't be playing there either.

Giving info about private servers is forbidden by mmoc forum rules, but if you really are interested in source I can give you the keywords for google: "queue skip". This is way too much OT also, so let's end our discussion here before we get banned

edit: personally I don't think there is that much future for TBC. Your mentioned server has been steadily dying for months now.
    Last edited by mmoc54cd893078; 2018-01-08 at 03:26 AM.

... then you give me a link that shows peak was 14222 players at 19:03. What comes to other one, if you knew the drama behind, you wouldn't be playing there either.

Giving info about private servers is forbidden by mmoc forum rules, but if you really are interested in source I can give you the keywords for google: "queue skip". This is way too much OT also, so let's end our discussion here before we get banned
    I just did those charts track their populations... So, you could choose to donate but how many people are doing that? It's not the majority also how many would pay to continue paying to playing.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2018-01-08 at 03:29 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    I just did those charts track their populations... So you could choose to donate but how many people are doing that? It's not the majority also how many would pay to continue playing...
    In the beginning you couldn't login between 12pm and 02am CET if you didn't donate... And yes it was only one time payment. I don't want to speculate how many people would be ready to pay monthly. Tbh not that much probably for TBC. I really don't want to tell too much in these forums, because this is probably against the rules here. There is so much more if you use google.

edit: something I probably should tell though, it's not quite improbable that they are not being perfect honest with their numbers, considering how shady private server scene is. There is no proof against them, but in the history it's been more likely that there is something sketchy going on than not.
    Last edited by mmoc54cd893078; 2018-01-08 at 03:42 AM.

In the beginning you couldn't login between 12pm and 02am CET if you didn't donate... And yes it was only one time payment. I don't want to speculate how many people would be ready to pay monthly. Tbh not that much probably for TBC. I really don't want to tell too much in these forums, because this is probably against the rules here. There is so much more if you use google.

edit: something I probably should tell though, it's not quite improbable that they are not being perfect honest with their numbers, considering how shady private server scene is. There is no proof against them, but in the history it's been more likely that there is something sketchy going on than not.
    I hope Vanilla does well because that means we can get other expansion servers but I skeptical of the numbers at the saying "more subs than live". I want the servers to succeed. I hate vanilla and loved everything tbc+

I'm sure it'll have a decent enough fanbase. You have to remember that anyone who joined Cataclysm or later never got to experience this content at all. The novelty of that alone will keep it afloat with an adequate community, even if I think that raiding 40 man will be extremely difficult to scrounge up the people for unless they either have very few servers or implement cross-realm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon-Man View Post
    Nostalgia alone is not enough to keep you playing the vanilla. I don't get why people are so hyped on a game that its been done and over with. ...
    Partly because retail has become such a RNG grindfest shitshow for so many that they're willing to try anything else.