Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    They're also optional races that you don't need. So if you want them, then you should have to earn them, even if its doing content you don't like.
    Blood Elves and Draenei were optional Races you didn't need. Worgen and Goblin were as well. Same for Pandaren. Have ANY of them been locked behind an idiotic Reputation Gate? Nope! Same for Death Knight, Monk and Demon Hunter. What you got for buying an Expansion is now locked behind old content. If they get away with this expect every single new Race from here on out to be locked behind some type of gating. Probably same for future Classes as well.

I would expect that the requirements will be removed upon launch.

Someone who has never played WoW buys BfA and wants to play [new allied race]. They can't. They then find out that in order to do so the have to use their boost to get a toon to 100, then level that toon through the last expansion and get revered with lots of race and exalted with at least one. If that was me I would be looking for a refund as there one of the features on the box is essentially locked.

For those who have been playing through Legion, then getting exalted with a certain race (or races) won't be that onerous a task as you're probably already revered.

Both Death Knight and Demon Hunter were locked behind having a character of a certain level. I don't see how this is much different.

Quote Originally Posted by Stened91 View Post
    What? Read my post again little turd. "the pvp mount is like raids and other engame content, they dont tell you what they are or anything, and they are a reward for the most dedicated players. " read and read again please. You dont need any dedication to get allied races, its just following a questline and log in once a while and do some world quests. What is dedication about it? Prob gonna take casuals like me 1 month to get very casualy. Dedication is to gladiators and world firsts.

- - - Updated - - -

lol at you again dude..
    If you don't need any dedication, how come people such as yourself haven't gotten them despite not wanting to dedicate your time to unlock them?

Dedication is putting in the time for a reward or a cause that one feels worthwhile, it's not just limited to "Gladiators" or World first raiders. Look up the meaning of the word before trying to wield it like a weapon.

If you can't dedicate yourself to unlocking a reward, then you don't deserve the reward. Tough.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-01-07 at 09:45 PM.

Deleted
    I bet that the current reputation needed is only a way for Blizzard to keep players subscribed and busy. With the start of the new addon, the amount of reputation will probably be lowered, or there are ways to get the reputation faster, or there is only a questline etc etc. For the moment, as long as Legion is the current content and addon, it is an advantage for Blizzard to lock these races behind rep, but with BfA it will turn into an disadvantage. I doubt, that you will have to farm forever for the Zandalari and Dark Iron.

They've stated from the beginning that you have to do a quest to unlock them. That quest is gated behind a reputation grind at the moment. From a lore perspective I understand it, and as someone who's currently playing Legion and working on these reputations I don't think it's a big deal. I do however think that requiring anyone and everyone to go through the reputation grind is a little ridiculous.

At BfA launch if they were to make a quest chain available for Army of the Light and Argussian Reach specifically that would get you to exalted without doing a bunch of dailies/ world quests that would be great. Quest chains already exist on Argus, if at the end you were exalted with both I'd be OK with that. Highmountain and Nightfallen also already have quest chains that get you to exalted when you follow it so I don't think a new one is necessary for them. Running through those chains would be super simple on a max level character even now, would be even easier on a level 120 character.

I don't agree you should have them just for buying the expansion, it's a feature from the expansion that's been advertised from the beginning as something you have to work to unlock.

Deleted
    It doesn't fit Blizzards policy to force people to do outdated content.

The reqs are here for pre BFA and will most certainly be lifted or changed in order to be done withing BFA content.

People should stop being so entitled and narrowminded.

Deleted
    The whole point of the reputation requirement is that you get to know the allied race, know who they are, where they came from before you recruit them into the Horde. So it's probably not going anywhere ever, although they might make obtaining the reputation easier at some point.

I think the requirements might be relaxed.
    That'd help a lot, like going revered instead of exalted.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I understand you, as you stated the same as the other guy.. but its old content, What about new people who join half way through BFA? They need to grind old expansion content to get stuff from the new? What makes sense?
    Alright. Picture it this way.

What is Old Content? Content that was launched a long time ago? Content that doesn't provide current gear rewards?

If you remove this label, it's simply Content. Go there, quest, save people, and you will be rewarded with the Allied Race. Just because it's Old it doesn't mean it isn't Content. You can complain that it's a lenghty proccess just for a race, or that it's removing you from "relevant" progression in Zandalar / Kul'tiras, but Content is still Content. It doesn't taste bad just because it's old - and if the quality of the content is lacking for you - well, that's a problem that would happen even if it was pristine new.

Wanna know the real reason why there is some sort of grind behind this unlock? Same as the others - make your /played bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post

The reqs are here for pre BFA and will most certainly be lifted or changed in order to be done withing BFA content.

Your right they wont keep any content gated. And will defiantly speed up how to get it........
    Draenor pathfinder, wait never mind.

You Dont need Draenor flying to play wow
    You Dont need Allied races to play wow
    You wont need legion pathfinder to play wow either
    You Dont need hierloom rings to level characters

Im surprised people didn't pick up on how much of a pain the rep grind will be with out being able to fly around to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post

You had to do Vanilla content through 55 to make a Death Knight.
    You have to do all the content through 70(?) to make a Demon Hunter.
    To play a Death Knight, Blood Elf, Draenei, Goblin or Worgen at max level, you had to level through older content to get there before boosts were implemented.
    To unlock a number of the artifact skins, you have to go do non-Legion content.

The people being entitled here are the ones whining that they should just be handed stuff because they can't be bothered to do quests to unlock it. If you don't want an allied race enough to do a bit of questing, you don't want it very much, do you? Please don't try and gut an interesting RPG system out of sheer laziness and desire for instant gratification.

They are allied races associated with Legion, and they are ALLIED RACES, not a standard main race of the expansion. That is why they show up in the trailer just very briefly for a moment at the end instead of getting an elongated intro like the Pandaren or Goblins and Worgen, and why there will almost certainly be other allied races added in patches during BfA. The system is BfA, not the races. Much like Achievements were Wrath of the Lich King, but there are many titles and achievements that were based on Vanilla and BC content.

Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    The whole point of the reputation requirement is that you get to know the allied race, know who they are, where they came from before you recruit them into the Horde. So it's probably not going anywhere ever, although they might make obtaining the reputation easier at some point.
    ... No. Nope. You're 100% wrong there. The Reputation Requirement is GATING. Plain and simple. If it had ANYTHING to do with getting to know the Allied Race the only thing it would be locked behind is their story line and whatever small bit of Lore you'd get while doing the quest chain that unlocks them.

Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    Wrong. it's one of the expansion's feature since they are lazy enough to not put a couple of new races, because let's face it subraces are NOT new races. So, imho, would be fair to just have them with no rep grinding required..even though I'm exalted with every legion faction so it's not really my problem
    They aren't new races, they're skins. Skins are optional content, they're earned. Be grateful they aren't making you pay for them outside of the Expansion cost.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katsutomai View Post
    Blood Elves and Draenei were optional Races you didn't need. Worgen and Goblin were as well. Same for Pandaren. Have ANY of them been locked behind an idiotic Reputation Gate? Nope! Same for Death Knight, Monk and Demon Hunter. What you got for buying an Expansion is now locked behind old content. If they get away with this expect every single new Race from here on out to be locked behind some type of gating. Probably same for future Classes as well.
    Wrong, those were entirely new races, these are not. These are skins to existing races. Also I hate to burst your bubble but DK and DH both had requirements to create them too. DKs required a lv60 toon on the server you wanted to make it on, and DH still requires you to have a lv70 on the server you want to make it on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Katsutomai View Post
    ... No. Nope. You're 100% wrong there. The Reputation Requirement is GATING. Plain and simple. If it had ANYTHING to do with getting to know the Allied Race the only thing it would be locked behind is their story line and whatever small bit of Lore you'd get while doing the quest chain that unlocks them.
    Really? Because I'm pretty damn certain that's the exact reason they gave at Blizzcon. You know what else they've said about the reputation for those factions, especially the Nightborne? That it wasn't a grind but a means of tracking your progress with their story. If someone who hasn't played Legion started playing now, you really think a small quest chain to unlock the Nightborne will be enough to understand who they are, where they came from? No, their Suramar quest line might be long, but it does a damn good job of getting you up to speed.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    I'll be totally honest and say that it really sort of is kind of stupid that, on BfA's launch, the game is going to require you to do old content to unlock a 'current' race. A new or returning player is going to be wasting time doing an outdated quest chain just to unlock some new races. Doing all the quest lines to unlock all the races as someone who has no progress into any of the races will also be quite a feat to undertake.

It's not a terrible requirement or anything, but I don't think it's all that necessary.
    I mean, if you're not exalted with these factions and don't have the questing achievements done after TWO YEARS of Legion.... the fault lies solely on you.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    You had to do Vanilla content through 55 to make a Death Knight.
    You have to do all the content through 70(?) to make a Demon Hunter.
    To play a Death Knight, Blood Elf, Draenei, Goblin or Worgen at max level, you had to level through older content to get there before boosts were implemented.
    To unlock a number of the artifact skins, you have to go do non-Legion content.

The people being entitled here are the ones whining that they should just be handed stuff because they can't be bothered to do quests to unlock it. If you don't want an allied race enough to do a bit of questing, you don't want it very much, do you? Please don't try and gut an interesting RPG system out of sheer laziness and desire for instant gratification.

They are allied races associated with Legion, and they are ALLIED RACES, not a standard main race of the expansion. That is why they show up in the trailer just very briefly for a moment at the end instead of getting an elongated intro like the Pandaren or Goblins and Worgen, and why there will almost certainly be other allied races added in patches during BfA. The system is BfA, not the races. Much like Achievements were Wrath of the Lich King, but there are many titles and achievements that were based on Vanilla and BC content.

Wrong and wrong and wrong!
    The classes that had lvl req had level req below the current lvl, so everyone had 4 years to get above 55.. witch most people did as leveling is a big part of WoW. And yes they gave out levelboost as they gated content, and it was wrong of them. So even Blizzard think you are wrong. No races where gated? wtf are you on about?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    I mean, if you're not exalted with these factions and don't have the questing achievements done after TWO YEARS of Legion.... the fault lies solely on you.
    As not everyone likes to quest and do world quests at all? I went straight to lvl 110 and then did raiding and m+, nothing else.

we still didn't get any informations about Dark Iron Darwes and Zandalari Trolls

they don't have any need of Legion reps to be unlocked, so at least you will get something for free at launch

otherwise, play the game
    even if it's old content, lorewise it makes sense

Wrong and wrong and wrong!
    The classes that had lvl req had level req below the current lvl, so everyone had 4 years to get above 55.. witch most people did as leveling is a big part of WoW. And yes they gave out levelboost as they gated content, and it was wrong of them. So even Blizzard think you are wrong. No races where gated? wtf are you on about?
    And everyone will have had nearly 2 years to do a couple weeks worth of quests. Level boosts were added in MoP. So no, not really. To play a Death Knight in Wrath content at launch you had to first have leveled something to 55 through Vanilla, and then you had to level the DK through Burning Crusade to reach Wrath. To play a Blood Elf or Draenei in BC current content at BC launch, you had to level them through (read: do) Vanilla content. Ditto Worgen/Goblins and BC/Wrath.

The requirements for allied races are a complete joke. People have had almost a year and a half to do rep. It is easier than ever with the availability of tokens and removal of a large amount of the time gating. The requirements are account wide. There are still another six months+ to do them before BfA.

They do not need to be changed. The entire point of Allied races is that you bring them into your faction by actually interacting with them, not that you snap your fingers and get to make a new character.

As not everyone likes to quest and do world quests at all? I went straight to lvl 110 and then did raiding and m+, nothing else.
    Then I guess you need to decide if you want to play an Allied race, and do the requirements for them if you think they are worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    we still didn't get any informations about Dark Iron Darwes and Zandalari Trolls

they don't have any need of Legion reps to be unlocked, so at least you will get something for free at launch

otherwise, play the game
    even if it's old content, lorewise it makes sense
    Zandalari will pretty obviously involve completing their storylines on Zandalar or a rep tied to them. Dark Iron will probably involve quests/rep on KT.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So the lock races that comes with an expansion you have to buy behind old content? Seems unfair to people like me who very much dislikes questing and rep farming
    Bad luck Buttercup. If you want it, do it. If not, don't.