Need help understanding some fps ''issues''

Hello guys!

I recently got a i5 8600k and although most of the times I'm sitting above 60 FPS when raiding there are other times when it can drop to 30-45 FPS when clearing trash or when there is a lot going on with fog and similar effects, is there anything I can do to prevent this?

My settings: set the slider to 10 then dropped View distance, env. detail and ground clutter to 7, shadows to ultra, water detail to good and disabled the SSAO, lastly texture filtering to 2x and no Anti-aliasing. Changing these settings doesn't do much for the issue.

This is my setup:
    - msi gaming x Radeon rx480 8gb
    - 8gb hyperx ddr4 @2133Mhz
    - msi z370 gaming pro
    - intel i5 8600k at stock 4.2 Ghz
    - 60hz monitor

Not sure if relevant but i'm using the following addons:
    - elvui
    - elvui shadow and light
    - elvui Skullflower's UI
    - details
    - bigwings
    - weakauras2
    - masque
    - Trade skill master with a couple of modules

Would overclocking CPU/GPU have any relevant impact on this mater?

Thanks for you time in advance!

1) WoW at the moment has issues.

2)Your FPS is perfectly normal. I am on the phone cba typing much but WoW works best on higher clocks cause of how the draw calls work cause its an old engine.

Overclocking helps in the sense every 300Mhz on First core is about 10% more minimal FPS.

Going from 2133 to 3200mhz ram also is about 10% more.

If you OC to 4.5Ghz and change RAM you will drop to 40-50 instead of 30-40 averagely.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    1) WoW at the moment has issues.

2)Your FPS is perfectly normal. I am on the phone cba typing much but WoW works best on higher clocks cause of how the draw calls work cause its an old engine.

Overclocking helps in the sense every 300Mhz on First core is about 10% more minimal FPS.

Going from 2133 to 3200mhz ram also is about 10% more.

If you OC to 4.5Ghz and change RAM you will drop to 40-50 instead of 30-40 averagely.
    Ok, so it would be even better if I could push it to 4.8Ghz? I should OC the ram to 3200mhz since I can't buy new ones now? What about the GPU should I try to overclock it too?

Thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnosh View Post
    Ok, so it would be even better if I could push it to 4.8Ghz? I should OC the ram to 3200mhz since I can't buy new ones now? What about the GPU should I try to overclock it too?

Thanks for the reply.
    If you think you can do stable 4.8Ghz on your cooling then no reason not too.

OCing the RAM, i dont know if the default hyperx can reach that high, logically they should but its risky, its better to buy a 16GB@3.2Ghz XMP ones that will do it automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    If you think you can do stable 4.8Ghz on your cooling then no reason not too.

OCing the RAM, i dont know if the default hyperx can reach that high, logically they should but its risky, its better to buy a 16GB@3.2Ghz XMP ones that will do it automatically.
    Ok fair enough. I think I can get it to 4.8ghz with around 1.28volts and -3 on AVX instructions (is this relevant for wow?). Tried playing WoW a bit with it and the temperatures were around 67ºC.

Is 1.28volts too high for everyday use? Will it shorten too much the life of my CPU?

Again thank you for taking your time helping me.