Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    So i picked this up and boy is it a surprising dev team. Lotta MGS2 team members, some Silent Hill folks and even a few people from Platinum games. Only an hour in but the story is surprising and its a lot more of a story than what i was expecting to be honest. Shame the beta never showed this because theres stealth and action in a far better balance here than the test that for my money was a mad dash out the gate.

So surprisingly first reactions are positive but then form what i've heard i know this is gonna be another MGS5 where the devs put in time to make something fun but the COS and shareholders wanted them to put FOB shit in. Because it was so well liked last time.

Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

So a few hours in and this is really becoming less survival and more survival horror. If they toned down the need to eat and drink and replaced base management with more on the goes ruins exploration then this could honestly be a pretty good horror metal gear. Its just a shame its been marketed so poorly because i expected a 'and the metal gear universe branches here' but its not. The entire game timeline BEFORE and after is an alternate metal gear universe where things like the Philadelphia experiment happened and an outbreak of Creatures occurred in Vietnam in the late 60's and part of the conflict was a cover up to contain a infestation of them from spreading. Its not Kojima level writing but its tieing into things like metallic archea, nanaomachines and the supernatural aspects in interesting ways. Its not a hard right metal gear. Its a completely separate universe from the off that happened to have its own big boss and military san frontiers in it. The more you play the more it makes sense. Even things like 'why does the base have the diamond dogs symbol on it?' that you assume is lazy assets flipping makes sense as the story goes on.

SO WHY THE FUCK DID THEY NEVER ADVERTISE IT AS THIS.

Honestly if they didnt have microtransactions -which are less invasive than fob insurance shit so far, just extra character slots and emotes which is barely more than monster hunter world, and focussed more on the horror than survival this would be a very easy to recommend game. Right now im genuinely enjoying it but the eating, drinking and so on will put a lot of people off.

Still if you liked the gameplay of 5 and wanting more stuff like the spooky skull portions but slower and more tense than run and gun i would actually recommend this. Its not metal gear solid but its a pretty solid game. On PS4 at least, i hear PC is kinda buggy.

https://twitter.com/metalgear_en/sta...36130410135552

Well this has peoples tin foil hats in full effect. Survive is having an easter event thats basically fan service of snake eater for some costumes but then they show that they made a high res shagohod for the fox engine.

Which of course has people going 'why after 5 would they waste resources on something like that if its just for a small time locked event?' and once again the people desperate for 3 in the fox engine are going nuclear.