Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    Yup. Amazing how some people don't think it would change much at all when in reality it would offer financial independence almost anywhere on earth with some pretty simple investments. I could probably set myself up nicely on half that in some cheaper country.

Even if you don't want to rely on the market I'd be enough money to pay upfront for a small turn key business, for example a hotel on a nice Island in Thailand.
    I find it sad so many would buy a car or house, you’d make more investing and be happier with your decision in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Yelmurc View Post
    I find it sad so many would buy a car or house, you’d make more investing and be happier with your decision in the long run.
    A house can be a decent investment. If you buy it out right you're left with nothing but property taxes to pay and that's very cheap rent. Houses can appreciate in value and are generally a safe investment.
    Last edited by Independent voter; 2018-01-08 at 05:07 PM.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

5+ Year Old Account
    I'd buy shares in a Weapons manufacturing firm.
    Well of course I'd like to sit around and chat.
    Well of course I'd like to stay and chew the fat.
    But someone's listening in.

Hmm. 10 million dollars would change my life a ton. I could do all the things I always wanted. Build a house. Write a book. Release that RPG me and my friends have been building. See the things I've always wanted to see. Set up a lot of projects and invest in things I want to. 10 million would buy me total freedom.

1 million though, that simply accelerates the things I've already been steering me life towards. It might get me some more middle-class things I'd like. But my life wouldn't change hugely. Not that it wouldn't be awesome. But I am a reasonably happy person. I wouldn't have to change much in my life. But I'd still have a lot of hard work ahead to complete my life, if it was only a million. I'd still have to turn that into a lot more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Moderate change.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Would buy a house, pay off my student loans, and with whatever is left I would invest probably half and just bank the other half. Would still work, overall life wouldn't change a ton other than stressing less about money.

15+ Year Old Account
    For a million I wouldn't quit my day job.

I would throw it into my startup though - it would certainly accelerate that plan a couple years to have some early capital.
    I might talk to my boss though about working 4 days a week and throwing the extra day at my own company - that'd probably make my life a lot more manageable.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it would change at all come to think of it.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

It wont change anything.

If I won $200,000 - then I wouldn't die this year.

I guess that's a big change.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

for a million i couldnt even leave my job or buy a better house. it would basically give some extra cushion but nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Fixxit the Gnome View Post
    I'd pay my mother's mortgage. She deserves that after everything she has done for me and my siblings over the years as a single mom.
    Well done sir!

spending any of the principle amount would be foolish with just a million. if it was 50 million, i might blow a million on some bullshit, and invest the rest. but you could easily blow just a million.

a million in principle pretty much guarantees 50K in interest per year. I probably wouldn't do anything differently for at least 2 years. It'll take you a minute to figure out how to invest it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Say you suddenly win the lottery or a distant relative dies, either way you wind up a million dollars richer.

How would your life change? Would it be so different from how you live now? When you buy a new car it's new and exciting for the first week but after that it's just a car, wouldn't most things be like this?
    It'll change a lot. Out of debt, out move to a new house, savings topped up and still plenty to spare.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Well, if it's a million dollars (after taxes), I'd pay off my primary house, move to a slightly nicer one, and rent out the old one. In my city, I can rent out my house for $400-$500 more than what my mortgage costs. It would be a solid investment, mean almost no reduction in overall wealth, and have a monthly income on top of it. As for the rest, I'd invest it for the next 10-15 years, and retire better off than originally anticipated.

I'd buy a house. The majority of the rest would be invested. Life wouldn't change much otherwise.

If I was rich I'd buy this website and require an active sub and character connect mandatory to post in the general forums so people could see the 4 digit achievement points from all the complainers and the people who claim they have unsubbed years ago yet still post here complaini ng about the game can move on with their lives.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

nothing special, Fix up the house, buy a new car (mines over 10 yrs old), a new computer and invest the rest.

if it's just $1,000,000 then not a whole lot for me, at least not right way. I'd pay off all my debt and the put the rest in an investment portfolio and see how much money that makes me in the long run.

More money, more problems.

Money does help to reduce uncertainty in life, which is one of my biggest fears. I like to know that I am in control of my own destiny.

That being said, I am fine with dealing with more problems.