Page 37 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    While i am totally against the idea of having earned the right to get allied races instantly just because you bought the expansion, i agree that Blizzard were really bad at marketing that instead of getting the allied races, you opened up for the possiblity to get them.

I fear, that Blizzard will wimp out and totally remove the exalted grind, just becasue they hit a miss here. The idea of grinding for a reward is one of the more meditating experiences in WoW and we have sadly not have alot of those in the few couple of years. The requirements for the allied races takes a look to the past, at big factions, which exalted gave a big cosmetic reward. It is great and i really hope, that they will do something like this again 1 time during the next expansion. Locking alot of cosmetics behind reps are not a good thing, but having a few and rare examples is in my opinion really good.
    All of legion is an rng grind... I love it but that's the definition of legion. I'd just wish they'd remove the randomness in mythic content but keep it in heroics and normal dungeons.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm fine with the Unlock requirements. I wish they were a little more even between the four races, but its not like the website says you get these JUST for buying the game. Here's the actual wording on the Battle For Azeroth website:

RECRUIT ALLIED RACES
    Explore Azeroth as one of six new playable Allied Races, including four you've encountered in your campaign against the Legion. Embark on a quest to earn their favor and unlock each race, adding their strength to your faction. Create a new character and complete the full leveling experience to earn a distinctive Heritage Armor set.
    EARLY ACCESS BONUS
    Pre-purchase Battle for Azeroth and begin your journey to recruit four playable, all-new Allied Races!
    It doesn't say, pre-order and you GET them. It says pre-ordering let's you start the process. That's all.

If they said that you buy it and you get them right away and then I bought the game and had to do this process, I'd be annoyed. That's just not what they said. Even from the very first announcement, they were saying there was going to be an unlock process to it. You don't need to follow the Blizzcon news. Just read what I copied from the actual site for the game and what will likely be written right on the boxed product.

I'm also guessing that either the rep grind will be sped up or the requirements will be altered in some way once the expansion officially releases to reduce the amount of Legion Content you'd have to play in the future.
    Last edited by Aoyi; 2018-02-06 at 02:01 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    All of legion is an rng grind... I love it but that's the definition of legion.
    Well first of all, the rng grind is not what i am refering to. I am refering to calculated grinds, you know what you get after X time. You can literally see the bar gets closer and closer to completion

All of Legion was full of grinds with doubting rewards and with endless ways to do that grind. I personally loved the Netherwing and Ogrila rep grind, because unless you wanted to go hunt for eggs or do etherals events, you only had to do a few things a day and then that was that. There was no endless threadmill you could/should keep running on, it was all just a small run and then relax undtil the next day.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Well first of all, the rng grind is not what i am refering to. I am refering to calculated grinds, you know what you get after X time. You can literally see the bar gets closer and closer to completion

All of Legion was full of grinds with doubting rewards and with endless ways to do that grind. I personally loved the Netherwing and Ogrila rep grind, because unless you wanted to go hunt for eggs or do etherals events, you only had to do a few things a day and then that was that. There was no endless threadmill you could/should keep running on, it was all just a small run and then relax undtil the next day.
    Isn't that what most of the reputation grinds were? Argussian Reach.

Also a mount is cosmetic and a choice a racial isn't... I'm fine with the grind now but when bfa launches they should gate the heritage sets behind reputation and add more to encourage people to go back. I know, Ill still grind with just sets behind that reputation. So, this is my opinion.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2018-02-06 at 02:13 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Isn't that what most of the reputation grinds were? Argussian Reach.

Also a mount is cosmetic and a choice a racial isn't... I'm fine with the grind now but when bfa launches they should gate the heritage sets behind reputation and add more to encourage people to go back.
    Most of the reputations lately have not given that much of a reward, mostly mounts, but they were often just recolours or rather bland mounts. Netherwing gave a dragon, a fucking dragon, and Skygard gave a netherray, in an expansion where everybody could only fly around on gryphons and wind riders.

A mount is in the end just cosmetic.... But such is a racial aswell. Like the new races have 0 content around them. No need starting zones, no unique classes for their race and nothing that seperates them from the other races. They have no extra power, and if they have OP racials, i will bet my hat on that they will be nerfed to the ground before the start of BFA anyway. So really, is there that much of a difference? The only difference is that the allied races are a quite unique reward for rep grinding, but aside from that, it is still cosmetic, having it or not will not affect your player experience and it is just a possible reward awaiting for anybody who are ready to do the task.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Most of the reputations lately have not given that much of a reward, mostly mounts, but they were often just recolours or rather bland mounts. Netherwing gave a dragon, a fucking dragon, and Skygard gave a netherray, in an expansion where everybody could only fly around on gryphons and wind riders.

A mount is in the end just cosmetic.... But such is a racial aswell. Like the new races have 0 content around them. No need starting zones, no unique classes for their race and nothing that seperates them from the other races. They have no extra power, and if they have OP racials, i will bet my hat on that they will be nerfed to the ground before the start of BFA anyway. So really, is there that much of a difference? The only difference is that the allied races are a quite unique reward for rep grinding, but aside from that, it is still cosmetic, having it or not will not affect your player experience and it is just a possible reward awaiting for anybody who are ready to do the task.
    Racial effect dps my dude... Nightborne legit increase flat spell damage by 1% that's insane. The orc racial still heavily effects dps and burst in pvp which is a good thing. They effect dps that does effect my character...
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2018-02-06 at 02:18 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    So what happens to the people who did not play this xpac, but want to come back for BFA? Will they have to grind out reps when BFA actually goes live? I've been wondering about this since pre-order went out
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

7+ Year Old Account
    Racial effect dps my dude... Nightborne legit increase flat spell damage by 1% that's insane. The orc racial still heavily effects dps and burst in pvp which is a good thing. They effect dps that does effect my character...
    As said before, if they have an effect on raiding, blizz will nuke them from orbit like they did with the other racials before them.

For normal people, racials have no effect at all. Sure, they can be fun, but that is all. No need to take the point of view of the 0.01%.

As said before, if they have an effect on raiding, blizz will nuke them from orbit like they did with the other racials before them.

For normal people, racials have no effect at all. Sure, they can be fun, but that is all. No need to take the point of view of the 0.01%.
    The orc racial has an effect on raiding but no nerfs... It's a 2% dps increase on most fights and good burst cool down in arena. It's not 0.01 of the players it's anyone who wants to make the ideal character which is a lot of people.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2018-02-06 at 02:44 PM.

You have to play the game to unlock something?! That's ludicrous. You should just get handed everything!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Synbaby View Post
    So what happens to the people who did not play this xpac, but want to come back for BFA? Will they have to grind out reps when BFA actually goes live? I've been wondering about this since pre-order went out
    Then they have to rep grind? I don't see an issue with this. Tell me why it's a problem. Because they can't immediately get access to the allied races? The allied races are built upon legion's foundation. It makes sense to have to rep grind in order to get it. That's like saying that just because you haven't played WoD you should immediately get access to flying in the WoD zones. I didn't play WoD but i still had to grind for flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpacapacino View Post
    You have to play the game to unlock something?! That's ludicrous. You should just get handed everything!
    You have to get to 110 play a class or race you don't want to than grind rep for weeks and some of the races are on different faction it's unfair for new players. Keep in mind the races also have new race abilities some of which might be overpowered and that does give them a valid argument. Why they can't just gate heritage armor behind reputation instead blows my mind.

They can keep the requirements for legion it gives people a reason to play but on the launch of battle for Azeroth just gate more heritage armor behind rep. Recolors and additional sets included. We can even get the sets from night borne bosses and npc to make up for it. multiple recolor would be nice as well.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2018-02-06 at 02:47 PM.

Deleted
    The orc racial has an effect on raiding but no nerfs... It's a 2% dps increase on some fights and good burst cool down in arena. It's not 0.01 of the players it's anyone who wants to make the ideal character which is a lot of people.
    lol

Orc is not the top race for all classes and even then the races are usually within 10k dps of each other in sims that go for almost 2,5 million dps.

That is 0.4%.

1% is not insane and is probably in line with other racials. Highmountain Tauren have 1% versatility which is probably better than 1% magic dmg.

7+ Year Old Account
    The orc racial has an effect on raiding but no nerfs... It's a 2% dps increase on some fights and good burst cool down in arena. It's not 0.01 of the players it's anyone who wants to make the ideal character which is a lot of people.
    It is really 0.01% and that is maybe even an overestimate. It might have an effect as you say in a few scenarios, but it does not affect people. I don't see alot more orcs then other races on the horde side, people don't care and that is really what makes the difference.

Besides, you need to mirror the new racials against other racials. Like the orc one might give 2% dmg increase in burst fights, but you have to compare it to like the 2% crit dmg increase from taurens. Every race have racials, that increase dmg and when compared together, it is easy to understand, why people have stopped giving a fuck about racials in raiding.

They should just gate the armor and mounts behind reputation but make the races available. They can add the rest of the heritage sets later on.
    Fuck yes. THIS all the way. +1!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Yeah, this. I don't remember there being a fuss about needing a level 55 character to roll a death knight. I don't remember any "omg blizz you promised death knights as a wrath feature but you're forcing me to level up a character in old obsolete content to play one, I demand a refund" threads.

If you were playing the game you could roll a death knight with little trouble.
    If you were playing the game you could roll an allied class with little trouble.
    The main problem with this is when rolling a Death Knight you DIDN'T LOSE PROGRESS. Whereas when rolling Allied Races you lose A LOT of progress.

Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    lol

Orc is not the top race for all classes and even then the races are usually within 10k dps of each other in sims that go for almost 2,5 million dps.

That is 0.4%.

1% is not insane and is probably in line with other racials. Highmountain Tauren have 1% versatility which is probably better than 1% magic dmg.
    Can you link me a source for your dps claim?

https://www.altered-time.com/forum/v...anchor-Racials

The differences for mages is one percent...

- - - Updated - - -

It is really 0.01% and that is maybe even an overestimate. It might have an effect as you say in a few scenarios, but it does not affect people. I don't see alot more orcs then other races on the horde side, people don't care and that is really what makes the difference.

Besides, you need to mirror the new racials against other racials. Like the orc one might give 2% dmg increase in burst fights, but you have to compare it to like the 2% crit dmg increase from taurens. Every race have racials, that increase dmg and when compared together, it is easy to understand, why people have stopped giving a fuck about racials in raiding.
    I see a lot blood elves in pvp because of there silence racial and racials do matter my friend.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2018-02-06 at 03:06 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Can you link me a source for your dps claim?

- - - Updated - - -

I see a lot blood elves in pvp because of there silence racial and racials do matter.
    When it comes to blood elfs, even Blizz have told us, that they will nerf it to kingdom comes. It is the last of the broken racials. And no, it does not matter and people in general does not give a crap about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    506000 Order Hall Resources
    You really think that someone who has 500k resources is not exalted already?

When it comes to blood elfs, even Blizz have told us, that they will nerf it to kingdom comes. It is the last of the broken racials. And no, it does not matter and people in general does not give a crap about it.
    People do care about racials in pvp and pve you haven't disprove that at all... I proven that there is a difference and that people pick certain races for both pvp and pve. You just kind of keeping moving the goal post and saying the same shit over and over again. The orc stun resistance is another racial people consider it's not that simple.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2018-02-06 at 03:11 PM.

I really hope they are changing nothing so all you whiners can whine even more.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah thats why 90% of all high level m+ dungeons are done by horde groups full of blood elves...

Deleted
    I think they should keep the requirements until BfA hits live and then remove them altogether.

What they probably will do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I really hope they are changing nothing so all you whiners can whine even more.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah thats why 90% of all high level m+ dungeons are done by horde groups full of blood elves...
    So the large populace has to suffer because some people are min-maxing? This is not a good approach.

- - - Updated - - -

It's the only good racial they have. -.-
    Last edited by mmoceb1073a651; 2018-02-06 at 03:22 PM.