Page 26 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Well, what they are actually doing is like locking it behind Warlord of Draenor achievement. At least arena takes some skill.
    Uh, what? I don't understand your statement.

What they are actually doing: "Nightborne would like to join the Horde as an Allied Race. Therefore, for you to be able to play as one, it is required of you, as a Horde player, to complete the extremely relevant Suramar quest campaign that frees them from their confinement and oppression to be able to play as one."

This is a new type of feature called an Allied Race. I'm not sure why people are so insistent on comparing them to normal races or other completely different features. That's comparing apples to oranges. If you simply view this as Blizzard's way of extending your sub and bleeding you for money then I believe you can't be helped. It's not a way for them to extend your sub. It's a way for them to tell a comprehensive story so you understand why you're being allowed to play one of these allies.

I don't presume to sway any minds. Goal posts will just be moved over and over to prop up this negative view of having to unlock the allies.

Have a nice day, people. See you in BFA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    This is a new type of feature called an Allied Race. I'm not sure why people are so insistent on comparing them to normal races or other completely different features. That's comparing apples to oranges. If you simply view this as Blizzard's way of extending your sub and bleeding you for money then I believe you can't be helped. It's not a way for them to extend your sub. It's a way for them to tell a comprehensive story so you understand why you're being allowed to play one of these allies.
    It's worth noting here as well that this is largely what allows them story-wise to bring in some of these new races. To this point, the races they brought in had to have their own separate story within the confines of that expansion to join us. By tying it into story-related quest chains and achievements (even if from old expansions), that provides new lore for them to join us without Blizz having to make a new set of starting zones, quests, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Allied races aren't rewards, they are the selling point of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    Allied races aren't rewards, they are the selling point of the expansion.
    They can be both.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    Because it makes sense even to my dog. I don't think in Blizzard are so stupid to suppose that a new player, with 0 knowledge in WoW, can ALONE think about all the stuff to do for a race. Unless they do some sort of in-game guide but it's just absurd.
    Damn these new players are to stupid to use google or wowhead....
    Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    Again i think this rep requirements will stay until BfA launches. After the launch, the only race that will require some stuff will be Dark Iron and Zandalari. Probably, for the next expansion, Dark Iron and Zandalari requirements will be off too, and so on.
    You clearly dont understand what a reward is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KronosIII View Post
    WRONG, Many of them are allied with IronForge since the Cataclysm. So with your backwards logic, they should be Cataclysm content! CHECKMATE ATHEIST!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    thanks for proving yo are just silly. Dark Iron Dwarfs are NOT our allies in vanilla like they are in bfa. LEARN YOUR LORE. checkmate!
    please learn to read and write more then two words
    Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    Hypothetically, six months into BFA I get a friend into WoW. BFA is his first expansion. He loves the idea of leveling a void elf. "What, what? I've got to fly to a hell-planet on a spaceship and cuddle up to some mutated Draenei? I don't understand any of this... I thought I was supposed to be fighting Horde on Islands and winning over these human guys on an island." he says.
    what if your friends want his first toon to be a dh?...
    Quote Originally Posted by KronosIII View Post
    "As I said before, this entire conversation will be moot on day1 BfA as the rep/achievement requirements *will* be removed and anyone that thinks otherwise is entirely delusional"
    you mean like Pathfinders are removed? ^^

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Guys if any of you are complaining about having to play the game you are paying monthly for please unsub and go outside. If you don't enjoy the game enough to play it and do some quests and get rep then you are playing the wrong game.
    they aren't whining about playing the game, they are whining about HAVING TO GO BACK TO OLD CONTENT once bfas's out to be able to play the alied races as they don't to reduce the requirements when legion's done

once BFA is available to by that is blizz telling us that legion is finished

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Doesn't this apply to Death Knights as well? Or did they remove the requirement of having a level 55 on your account to create them? If they did, then they probably remove the requirement for the Allied Races later too.
    yes they removed the requirement for dks because you now have the requirements for dhs to have a level 70+ toon on the server you wanna play a dh.

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont see much difference than compared to needing gear to m+/raid
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    i dont see much difference than compared to needing gear to m+/raid
    What if you needed Antorus gear to do m+/raids in BfA without any way to earn it in BfA content?
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    Really this whole thread is nonsense. People typing paragraphs and throwing insults to other people for different point of views.

All I see is a bunch of immaturity. If you don't want to do the quests, you don't get to play the Allied Race. If you think that's a "shitty roadblock" that's your opinion, but trust me, no one, not even Blizzard, gives a damn. It's not a roadblock. God forbid you have to do the quests, play the game, and earn something instead of having it handed to your millennial self.

Grow up, seriously. Learn to accept things you cannot change.
    Holy crap your post is a mess. You start with saying that insults over different points of view is nonsense and then most of your post is well.. Throwing insults around. I wonder if you did that on purpose or if you are just stupid.
    Last edited by mmocddaf3ba36b; 2018-01-13 at 02:45 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    the amount of salt that exists on these threads could season every food ever burnt by nomi for infinite years .
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    yes they removed the requirement for dks because you now have the requirements for dhs to have a level 70+ toon on the server you wanna play a dh.
    Why would they have increased the requirement?

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Ya it's dumb. It would be like having to grind rep to unlock goblins and worgen or DK and DH.
    You mean like having to level to 55 to get a dk? Lol. Oh you mean if you already played the game, you'd have it unlocked? JUST LIKE THE ALLIED RACES? And let me remind you, 1-55 in WotLK wasn't 1-55 now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinte View Post
    You mean like having to level to 55 to get a dk? Lol. Oh you mean if you already played the game, you'd have it unlocked? JUST LIKE THE ALLIED RACES? And let me remind you, 1-55 in WotLK wasn't 1-55 now.
    DK: level any class to level 55, get level 55 character
    DH: level any class to level 70, get level 98 character
    Allied race: level any character to level 110, grind reputation in old expansion for 3 months, get level 20 character

Totally comparable, yeah.
    Last edited by Rogalicus; 2018-01-17 at 04:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's ridiculous. Personally it won't affect me, but lets say I didn't play all of legion but wanted to play one of the allied races, what then? I then have to back track and play months of old content just to unlock new races. That's absolutely ridiculous. New races isn't a privilege or some badge you get to wear just because you played that expansion. If it's part of the BFA trailer, then it should be part of the expansion and not previous iterations.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    How dare people have to play the game to get cosmetic bonuses. What next can’t I not get all the mounts instantly for free?
    I know right, gosh Blizzard such a greedy company making me spend my own time to acquire digital pixelated items instead of allowing me to buy them & feel like I earned them rightful some how.

(Of course this is sarcasm, if the joke somehow flys over someone's head)
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

I mean, I think the unlock requirements are fine for this very instant - having to spend time during the end of Legion/BFA prepatch to earn something is fine. I've played Legion on and off and all I would have to focus on doing would be Argus WQ's for the rep. However, the requirements seem weird for those who end up playing BFA in the future and maybe never even played Legion at all - are they supposed to go and grind outdated/obsolete content to unlock a feature for the current expansion? Seems weird in that scenario imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh no!! You have to play the game!! What a disappointment!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ickz View Post
    I mean, I think the unlock requirements are fine for this very instant - having to spend time during the end of Legion/BFA prepatch to earn something is fine. I've played Legion on and off and all I would have to focus on doing would be Argus WQ's for the rep. However, the requirements seem weird for those who end up playing BFA in the future and maybe never even played Legion at all - are they supposed to go and grind outdated/obsolete content to unlock a feature for the current expansion? Seems weird in that scenario imo.
    Will repost this.

The system is the BfA feature, not the four races. Just like achievements were added in Wrath but there are achievements for expansions from before Wrath, and transmog works for items before 4.3 even though that's when it was added. Allied races is a BfA system where the first four races are Legion-based. Of course you'd have to go back and do relevant content to unlock them. Just like you had to go back and do Bloodsail Admiral if you didn't get it during Vanilla to get that tile, or go back and get the Jenkins title, or go back to old content to get the Emerald Drake achievement that was added in WoD.

The point of Allied Races is to introduce a system where you can work with a faction, make them allies and then unlock the ability to play them. Of the current ones, two are from BfA (with more likely to be in patches during BfA) some will be from expansions after BfA, four are from Legion.

It's even possible that we might eventually see Allied races for pre-Legion things as well. For instance, Furbolgs via Timbermaw, Brown Orcs via Mag'har, Broken via Kurenai or Argussian Reach, Taunka via Taunka, etc.

People need to stop thinking of this as "We are getting six races this expansion, why aren't all the races from the expansion!?" and start to realize that the feature isn't the races, but the "unlock playable races by doing related content in game" system itself.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2018-01-17 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Will repost this.

The system is the BfA feature, not the four races. Just like achievements were added in Wrath but there are achievements for expansions from before Wrath, and transmog works for items before 4.3 even though that's when it was added. Allied races is a BfA system where the first four races are Legion-based. Of course you'd have to go back and do relevant content to unlock them. Just like you had to go back and do Bloodsail Admiral if you didn't get it during Vanilla to get that tile, or go back and get the Jenkins title, or go back to old content to get the Emerald Drake achievement that was added in WoD.

The point of Allied Races is to introduce a system where you can work with a faction, make them allies and the unlock the ability to play them. Of the current ones, two are from BfA (with more likely to be in patches during BfA) some will be from expansions after BfA, four are from Legion.

It's even possible that we might eventually see Allied races for pre-Legion things as well. For instance, Furbolgs via Timbermaw, Brown Orcs via Mag'har, Broken via Kurenai or Argussian Reach, Taunka via Taunka, etc.

People need to stop thinking of this as "We are getting six races this expansion, why aren't all the races from the expansion!?" and start to realize that the feature isn't the races, but the unlock playable races by doing related content in game system itself.
    I haven't responded to anything in a while because the thread got really toxic, but been trying to read it. This post is really good. I feel like that's a great way to look at Allied Races... as a system. Then it makes sense the way they are implementing it.

Earlier I was looking at it like, okay you buy Cataclysm you get Worgen/Goblin, buy Pandaria you get Pandaren. Buy BFA... get those 4 allied races? But if you take the view you just explained, you're buying BFA and just getting the ability to unlock additional 'premium' races.

I'm sold on that. Good post.

I'll add though I think Blizzard's marketing can be clearer. They definitely are trying to sell the 'races' and not the 'system'.
    Last edited by ro9ue; 2018-01-17 at 03:27 PM.