Hotfix: Wakening Essence

It appears that Blizzard just pushed a hotfix that means you no longer require the quest to receive Wakening Essences.

Can anyone else confirm?

Appears so. This is from my paladin who has all 1000 legendaries now and no quest

Probably means the patch is definitely the 16th, no way blizz is going to let people stack weeks of wakening essences and open like 100 legendaries (doesn't seem to be a cap)
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2018-01-08 at 09:04 PM.

Yes I am getting them now and I wasn't before since I already finished upgrading all my legendaries.

Assuming all the sources stay the same, I think it's still going to be about 1 per week for someone doing everything, so it's not like someone is going to be able to pop very many legendaries if they don't patch for a while.

Whatever, I don't really care. Maybe I'll play around with alts more but probably not. The should have done this like 6 months ago when people were still grinding to get what they needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Appears so. This is from my paladin who has all 1000 legendaries now and no quest
    [IMG]snip[/IMG]

Probably means the patch is definitely the 16th, no way blizz is going to let people stack weeks of wakening essences and open like 100 legendaries (doesn't seem to be a cap)
    Considering they are "dramatically" increasing both the cost and earning potential AFTER the patch, it sounds like you could farm them all you want and still not even afford one.

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    Considering they are "dramatically" increasing both the cost and earning potential AFTER the patch, it sounds like you could farm them all you want and still not even afford one.
    this is kinda my take on it as well. another time gate behind an already bad rng system.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post

Stack won't serve any purpose. They are going to "dramatically" increase the cost of the token

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    this is kinda my take on it as well. another time gate behind an already bad rng system.
    I mean farming before the patch. I see it as being perfectly fine after. Just not sure of what that cost will be per token and how many essence you get per whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    I mean farming before the patch. I see it as being perfectly fine after. Just not sure of what that cost will be per token and how many essence you get per whatever.
    well if blue is believed, the proportions would be about the same and take roughly a week? im curious if they plan on dropping them in lfr. no reason to do an organized nighthold or nightmare.

well if blue is believed, the proportions would be about the same and take roughly a week? im curious if they plan on dropping them in lfr. no reason to do an organized nighthold or nightmare.
    It does not drop in any raid but Antorus right now so I don't expect it to change.

So it takes 1000 of them now to buy a legendary?

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    So it takes 1000 of them now to buy a legendary?
    Yes, but they are also going to increase the droprate by 6x according to the latest post. Should be able to obtain a new leggo about every 2 weeks with that rate, and it won't affect the regular RNG methods of aquiring.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Liandryl View Post
    It does not drop in any raid but Antorus right now so I don't expect it to change.
    There has been a few blue posts mentioning they would be opening up the sources they can drop from, but don't recall a specific list. I imagine it will be a list near similar to what can currently drop a leggo.

They have worked to remove reasons to run old raids, I doubt they'll change that now by adding essence drops to past tiers.

Quote Originally Posted by wilster View Post
    There has been a few blue posts mentioning they would be opening up the sources they can drop from, but don't recall a specific list. I imagine it will be a list near similar to what can currently drop a leggo.
    There was no mention of anything except first battleground of the day win addition.

Quote Originally Posted by wilster View Post
    Yes, but they are also going to increase the droprate by 6x according to the latest post. Should be able to obtain a new leggo about every 2 weeks with that rate, and it won't affect the regular RNG methods of aquiring.

- - - Updated - - -

I would expect them to multiply the amount of essence we gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    There was no mention of anything except first battleground of the day win addition.
    You are right, just went back and re-read. For some reason my brain was thinking the hotfix post yesterday was saying all sources would drop but realize they are implying all current sources would drop. Add that and the post regarding the BGs was were I was putting that all together.