Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    I am sure even a broken clock is correct at least twice a day.

As for the demonetizing thing, it's real simple.

As for YouTube again real simple, let say for whatever reason you are homeless, and me owning a couple of properties have a a vacancy, so since I am not actually taking anything in for it right now, I offer to let you stay in one of my properties for FREE!

Now you being clever as you are decide to use part of that dwelling to set up a business, say suits you sell suits, and not only do you make suits you make some of the best suits anybody has ever seen.

And of course that brings about a lot of traffic, and since it does so and you pay me $0, I offer a partnership to you that for everybody who so much as passes by your shop, I will not only let you stay rent free but I will cut you in on the profits I assume I am getting from maybe another business I set up near or by yours.

Seems a fair trade off right?

But then let say suddenly another company that sells suits says, Hey, we want to advertise ties, and they want to buy a billboard right outside your shop, only problem is nobody is buying the ties, because YOU sell Ties and Suits.

Now you sell some pretty awesome suits, but this other company not only wants to sell ties, they want YOU to stop selling your suits, because their is a conflict of interest, and thus they are willing to spend far more than I make with YOU to rent them a property where they can sell their suits and ties.

And in addition they are paying me rent, which I am still not charging you.

Why the hell would I or Should I still keep paying YOU, when another business is paying me not to?

That is basically what is happening all along YouTube, From TV Shows, to Products that are for sale, YouTube is catering to their bottom line, who all used to maybe just buy advertising, they now want a premium on the eyeballs in addition to their product being pulled from any competition.

It's called capitalism, that is how the real world works.

Plenty of Liberals and people who don't have anything to do with politics are demonetized, that has nothing to do with this idiots claims.

- - - Updated - - -

No, I am not going to close my eyes, and just believe in your magic, sorry, your nonsense is just that, nonsense. This guy is every bit as much or more part of the problem then he is complaining about in addition to being a sexist, and racist dirtbag, he is no different than anyone else cashing in on controversy.

Because making stupid people famous is how we roll.
    First off, here's for you:
    https://writingexplained.org/then-vs-than-difference

Secondly,
    Here you say something about videos being demonitized just after saying something completely different:
    As for your nonsense and conspiracy theories, I would be all too happy if YouTube did do that, but they didn't the only videos they demonetized are those that ride contrary to their business model to sell advertising.
    Nothing of what I said is conspiracy or magic or whatever, it's all things you can look up for yourself if you didn't spend your life in a SJW cult and what the other guy who quoted said is also true contrary to everything you have been spewing out.

I would tell you to stop being wrong but you seem so hellbent on not educating yourself about both sides of the situation that it would probably just be a waste of time to point you in the right direction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toogoodman View Post
    Wow, youre really off the deep end with this one
    Not off the deep end, I am just not programmed to be easily impressed or quick to follow trends or certain circles what makes for popular opinion. I like to know where things come from and how they got there, before I delve deeper.

JRE and Sargon aren't special, they simply have a lot of people willing to listen to them because they are willing to take a risk and take the hits.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Nothing of what I said is conspiracy or magic or whatever, it's all things you can look up for yourself if you didn't spend your life in a SJW cult and what the other guy who quoted said is also true contrary to everything you have been spewing out.

I would tell you to stop being wrong but you seem so hellbent on not educating yourself about both sides of the situation that it would probably just be a waste of time to point you in the right direction.

Right because unlike you I don't hide from my biased, I AM BIASED! There you happy, but as biased as I am your conspiracy nonsense is just that nonsense, there are channels I financially support who have been demonetised as well, and they are not all political and the ones that are sure as hell aren't conservative. You are spinning conspiracy.

Because you can't handle capitalism, free markets or corporatisms when it doesn't benefit you, tough titty.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Not off the deep end, I am just not programmed to be easily impressed or quick to follow trends or certain circles what makes for popular opinion. I like to know where things come from and how they got there, before I delve deeper.

JRE and Sargon aren't special, they simply have a lot of people willing to listen to them because they are willing to take a risk and take the hits.

- - - Updated - - -

Right because unlike you I don't hide from my biased, I AM BIASED! There you happy, but as biased as I am your conspiracy nonsense is just that nonsense, there are channels I financially support who have been demonetised as well, and they are not all political and the ones that are sure as hell aren't conservative. You are spinning conspiracy.

Because you can't handle capitalism, free markets or corporatisms when it doesn't benefit you, tough titty.
    Oh okay you thought that when I said
    You know google has been demonetizing right wing content videos that tell the truth on youtube because it hurts their political views, right?
    What you read was
    "You know google has been demonetizing right wing content exclusively on youtube and nothing else because it hurts their political views, right?"

No, that's not how life works. Take the line I first typed, word for word, don't add anything to please your rage, and understand ONLY what I wrote without assuming more or less.

10+ Year Old Account

What you read was
    "You know google has been demonetizing right wing content exclusively on youtube and nothing else because it hurts their political views, right?"

No, that's not how life works. Take the line I first typed, word for word, don't add anything to please your rage, and understand ONLY what I wrote without assuming more or less.
    Ok and again I am not going to go OMFG Google stifled a liberal saying whatever it is you agree with too. Again I don't follow anybody Young Turds or Alt-Right, or even political.

Yes they are demonetizing peoples accounts, because Google is about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Bling, Bling! I will disagree with google but not for the reasons you would.

Personally I think Capitalism and should be kept in check. But that isn't how the world works either.

10+ Year Old Account

What you read was

Right, but see, that heavily implies that the reason for that demonitization was their conservativism, and not the breaching of the TOS like all the other channels that had videos demonetized too.

Their conservative outlook had jack and squat to do with the demonetization, and nobody has presented any shred of evidence otherwise, beyond a handful of people whining about their persecution complex.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Ok let me break it down.

Let say I have a job, I am hiring someone to manage some of my properties, and you apply for the job. Now I have other people that I employee, and let say because I am all for diversity, I hire lots of people of color from various backgrounds.

However, this salves position, I particularly want a white male, for the the position, because in addition to managing my properties, you are going to be dealing with clients I feel would be able to communicate more effectively with not only you because of your skin color, but also your background.

Now in hiring YOU for the job, have I openly taken away employment from someone else because of the color of their skin?

Because if you do then you are clearly missing the overall picture.

There wouldn't have even been a job at all let alone any discrimination, if I didn't specifically put out a position specifically to be filled by someone who is qualified yes, but also someone to fits the best qualifications of what I need done.

Is that discrimination? YES every single time, but just because for instance now if it were me I got passed over for a job or promotion for someone who, I don't know had big tits, that would be unfair, and discrimination.

That doesn't automatically make it sexist or racist

The truth of the matter is YOU DON'T KNOW every single circumstance that went into my decision to hire you over someone else, or someone's decision to hire a woman with big breast over me.
    So you think hiring people based on skin color and gender is okay, so you're a racist?

Option 1: You think minorities and females need preferential treatment, so you actively seek them, at any possible standard (above or below) and hiring them solely based on that single identifier vs their peers, because they're inferior to "white males"

Option 2: You actively seek to not hire or promote them because you feel they're inferior to "white males"

You clearly chose option 1, making you a racist. I on the other hand, feel people should be hired and promoted based on their merits at work, and their education. I could care less if you're white, black, male, transgender... if you're the best at what you do, I want you, plain and simple, yet you and other people have a problem with this? Pretty sad you're the racist you complain about

10+ Year Old Account
    So you think hiring people based on skin color and gender is okay, so you're a racist?

Option 1: You think minorities and females need preferential treatment, so you actively seek them, at any possible standard (above or below) and hiring them solely based on that single identifier vs their peers, because they're inferior to "white males"

Option 2: You actively seek to not hire or promote them because you feel they're inferior to "white males"

You clearly chose option 1, making you a racist. I on the other hand, feel people should be hired and promoted based on their merits at work, and their education. I could care less if you're white, black, male, transgender... if you're the best at what you do, I want you, plain and simple, yet you and other people have a problem with this? Pretty sad you're the racist you complain about
    No what you are trying to do is be disingenuous. Because my point about your position that affirmative action is bogus. It’s the if a white guy didn’t get the job then it’s racist because he’s obviously that’s where the job would go. That’s is the very definition of racist.

I’m in no was suggesting there isn’t discrimination I’m simply pointing out your hypocrisy.

Discrimination is the point though and for generations that discrimination has directly effected those who you don’t care about. You can also save the disingenuous pivot to whataboutism towards Asians. The entire reason for ever bringing any other race into this conversation is to mask BS for what it is.

Yes Affirmative Action could be anyone besides myself and I support it. That doesn’t make it racism nor does it mean it was my job to have because I or someone of my background didn’t get it.

Because unlike your BS there hasn’t been 400 years of institution where it specifically said whites need not apply nor is there now.

This guy complaining James Demore is just another useful idiot lost on the irony of what he complained isn’t fair.

Oh and your I’d hire someone who isn’t white out of pitty because you’re painting it as me seeing them as inferior vs a preference for because you assume it would go to a white person you can stuff it.

For the future don’t ever get mixed up we are ever on the same side. We can have a civil conversation but I see through your BS and I would never trust you. The only time I’ll take your word for it is if doesn’t matter.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2018-02-23 at 09:59 PM.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    No what you are trying to do is be disingenuous. Because my point about your position that affirmative action is bogus. It’s the if a white guy didn’t get the job then it’s racist because he’s obviously that’s where the job would go. That’s is the very definition of racist.

I’m in no was suggesting there isn’t discrimination I’m simply pointing out your hypocrisy.

Discrimination is the point though and for generations that discrimination has directly effected those who you don’t care about. You can also save the disingenuous pivot to whataboutism towards Asians. The entire reason for ever bringing any other race into this conversation is to mask BS for what it is.

Yes Affirmative Action could be anyone besides myself and I support it. That doesn’t make it racism nor does it mean it was my job to have because I or someone of my background didn’t get it.

Because unlike your BS there hasn’t been 400 years of institution where it specifically said whites need not apply nor is there now.

This guy complaining James Demore is just another useful idiot lost on the irony of what he complained isn’t fair.
    #1 I have never supported anything James Demore said, but you're advocating something dangerous and stupid.

So, because minorities were held back decades ago, we should now give them preferential treatment over other people, who likely never discriminated against any minorities ever, because "we need to make it more fair for them". But funny enough, in another comment a page back you said "life isn't fair, get used to it", I think you've lost yourself in your own argument, you're promoting racism, plain and simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    #1 I have never supported anything James Demore said, but you're advocating something dangerous and stupid.

So, because minorities were held back decades ago, we should now give them preferential treatment over other people, who likely never discriminated against any minorities ever, because "we need to make it more fair for them". But funny enough, in another comment a page back you said "life isn't fair, get used to it", I think you've lost yourself in your own argument, you're promoting racism, plain and simple.

Again you are wrong your entire premise for this line of thought is wrong it’s full of conjecture and half understood serious issues you haven’t the integrity or perspective to have with me. You’re ideas are not new because you never been educated by anyone patient enough to put up with your insult you think is knowledge or progressive.

I use progressive lightly because that isn’t what you’re on about.

Bottom line. Discrimination isn’t the same as racism. Racism is a form of discrimination but it has nothing to do with Affirmative Action or quotas. You simply say you see it that way because or say you do because you’re selling BS.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2018-02-23 at 10:09 PM.

In case it hasn't been mentioned the judge threw James Damore's case out.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Link?

Just Googled it and didn't see anything mentioning that?

---
    On topic this shit is getting comical.

Damore's argument that white males and conservatives were discriminated against seems to have merit since Google fired the person used as one of the primary examples of that discrimination in his suit because of said discrimination.

And now that person is suing Google too... Only they are accusing Google of discriminating against liberals... :P

You can't make this shit up.

https://www.wired.com/story/ex-googl...-damores-memo/

Quote Originally Posted by Wired
    On Wednesday, another former Google engineer, Tim Chevalier, sued the company for firing him for posting what he calls politically liberal content, including criticism of Damore, on Google’s internal message boards.

In Wednesday’s complaint, Chevalier claims that a Google HR representative met with him in September to discuss concerns about his posts on internal forums. The common element among the offending posts was applying “politically liberal views to the ongoing political debates between Googlers,” the suit says. According to the complaint, the HR rep said using the term “white boys” could be perceived as a generalization about race and gender. The HR rep also objected to an internal Google+ post where Chevalier criticized Republicans for affiliating themselves with torch-carrying protesters at the white-supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, the suit says. Six weeks after the meeting, Chevalier was fired.

The addition of Tim Chevalier makes it seem like there's a significant chunk of Google HR that wants people to shut the fuck up about their stupid political views and do their jobs. Applies to Damore as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    The addition of Tim Chevalier makes it seem like there's a significant chunk of Google HR that wants people to shut the fuck up about their stupid political views and do their jobs. Applies to Damore as well.
    Seems to me they just threw that person under the bus so they can tell the court they don't tolerate the discrimination Damore alleged.

Here is another explanation for lack of women in STEM - women having more options other then STEM due to having better verbal ability in addition to mathematical ability. Which, again, loops into "interest" rather then "discrimination".

Not Lack of Ability but More Choice
    Individual and Gender Differences in Choice of Careers in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics

Abstract

The pattern of gender differences in math and verbal ability may result in females having a wider choice of careers, in both science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) and non-STEM fields, compared with males. The current study tested whether individuals with high math and high verbal ability in 12th grade were more or less likely to choose STEM occupations than those with high math and moderate verbal ability. The 1,490 subjects participated in two waves of a national longitudinal study; one wave was when the subjects were in 12th grade, and the other was when they were 33 years old. Results revealed that mathematically capable individuals who also had high verbal skills were less likely to pursue STEM careers than were individuals who had high math skills but moderate verbal skills. One notable finding was that the group with high math and high verbal ability included more females than males.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    You got 48 pages to look through.
    This really says a lot about how you form judgements of people and issues. You read mmo champion threads and assume where there's smoke there's fire. You don't read the actual memo being discussed. If you could point out where he was as you describe, you could start to have an informed opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Link?

Just Googled it and didn't see anything mentioning that?

---
    On topic this shit is getting comical.

Damore's argument that white males and conservatives were discriminated against seems to have merit since Google fired the person used as one of the primary examples of that discrimination in his suit because of said discrimination.

And now that person is suing Google too... Only they are accusing Google of discriminating against liberals... :P

You can't make this shit up.

https://www.wired.com/story/ex-googl...-damores-memo/
    Honestly that to me signals google is doing something right. Whiny victim card throwers like yourself always find an issue with everything. You put the SJW to shame.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Here is another explanation for lack of women in STEM - women having more options other then STEM due to having better verbal ability in addition to mathematical ability. Which, again, loops into "interest" rather then "discrimination".

Not Lack of Ability but More Choice
    Individual and Gender Differences in Choice of Careers in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics

Abstract

The pattern of gender differences in math and verbal ability may result in females having a wider choice of careers, in both science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) and non-STEM fields, compared with males. The current study tested whether individuals with high math and high verbal ability in 12th grade were more or less likely to choose STEM occupations than those with high math and moderate verbal ability. The 1,490 subjects participated in two waves of a national longitudinal study; one wave was when the subjects were in 12th grade, and the other was when they were 33 years old. Results revealed that mathematically capable individuals who also had high verbal skills were less likely to pursue STEM careers than were individuals who had high math skills but moderate verbal skills. One notable finding was that the group with high math and high verbal ability included more females than males.
    And yes it's entirely because they have vaginas and nothing to do with social values, stigmas, stereotypes, and the massive amount of parenting and ques they relieve from literally the minute they're born that stereotype STEM careers as male professions! Nope nothing to do with that. That's actually kind of the point which I know you're not aware you missed but Ironicly you did. The issue has zero to do with women's ability but with social pressures that push them away from these areas.

and i'll be the first to say our educational system often overly punishes boys for their propensity to be more physically rambunctious but society at large? Especially the white male? Cry. Me. A. Fucking. Idiot. River.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    And yes it's entirely because they have vaginas and nothing to do with social values, stigmas, stereotypes, and the massive amount of parenting and ques they relieve from literally the minute they're born that stereotype STEM careers as male professions! Nope nothing to do with that. That's actually kind of the point which I know you're not aware you missed but Ironicly you did. The issue has zero to do with women's ability but with social pressures that push them away from these areas.
    You are free to assume that it is result of solely social values, stigmas, and stereotypes; most people think those only contribute partially, however - not that they have nothing to do with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    Honestly that to me signals google is doing something right. Whiny victim card throwers like yourself always find an issue with everything. You put the SJW to shame.
    Lol victim card throwers.

This whole thread is "lol no one discriminates against white males you whiny snowflakes!" and Google literally fired this person for openly and proudly discriminating against white males on their internal boards for years.

And this is just the one we know about for sure because they filed the lawsuit and are whining about it (it happened in September and we are only just now hearing about it)... I wouldn't be surprised if Google fired everyone in the examples Damore provided to the court. Is that right? Sure... That doesn't change the fact that it went on for years and they only fired the person in the wake of the lawsuit and media running the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    So far as I know, the class action lawsuit is still proceeding; the National Labor Relations Board recommended dismissing it (the complaint he filed with them), but Damore had already withdrawn it:

"Google did not violate federal labor law when it fired James Damore, a lawyer for the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) concluded in a lightly-redacted memo made public Thursday. The former senior software engineer was fired from Google in August after internally circulating a ten-page memo arguing in part that women are not as biologically suited for coding jobs as men. After he was terminated, Damore filed a complaint with the NLRB, arguing that Google had violated his right to participate in protected activity, namely addressing problems in his workplace. The NLRB memo disagrees with Damore's complaint, and recommends dismissing it, were it not withdrawn.

Damore dropped the NLRB complaint last month to instead focus on a class action lawsuit he and another former Google employee brought against the company accusing it of discriminating against white, male, and conservative employees. The NLRB memo released Friday was written by attorney Jayme Sophir in January—less than ten days after Damore filed his lawsuit.

Sophir concluded that Damore's memo contained both protected statements (like criticizing Google) and not protected statements (perpetuating stereotypes about women), and that Google ultimately fired Damore for things he said that were not protected under federal law. Sophir wrote in her memo that workplaces should have the ability to "'nip in the bud' the kinds of employee conduct that could lead to a 'hostile workplace.'"

She also said that Damore's statements about women in his memo 'were discriminatory and constituted sexual harassment, notwithstanding effort to cloak comments with 'scientific' references and analysis, and notwithstanding 'not all women' disclaimers. Moreover, those statements were likely to cause serious dissension and disruption in the workplace.' Sophir's memo also cites two instances in which women withdrew their candidacy for engineering positions at Google after learning about the existence of Damore's memo."

https://www.wired.com/story/labor-bo...ore-was-legal/

My favorite part is how they put scare quotes around 'scientific.'
    Last edited by Levelfive; 2018-02-24 at 02:31 PM.