10+ Year Old Account

Post Tyler1 Takes Over Twitch In His Return To League of Legends

After his indefinite ban from League of Legends was lifted last week, Tyler1 made his return to streaming the MOBA game on his Twitch channel today, decked out in full Draven cosplay. The virtual seats filled pretty quick.

In his first game back, the opposing team recognized Tyler and banned his signature Draven. As he locked in a different champion, the spectators poured in and the chat started filling with Twitch Prime subscriptions.

The highest I saw it peak was over 380,000 viewers, a massive achievement for a single Twitch streamer.

At a few points, he would type messages like “smd” into the chat and then delete them, looking at the camera. At another, he asked “ff?”, or forfeit, while his team rolled over the other’s base. “It’s just banter,” said Tyler.

All the while, he was topping the streaming channels across all of Twitch, even over events like the annual speedrunning charity Awesome Games Done Quick.
    Tyler1—a talented player who specializes in playing as the spinning-axe wielding Draven—was banned from League of Legends indefinitely in 2016. Action was taken due to a “well-documented history” of verbal abuse, intentional feeding (dying to the enemy team on purpose), as well as account sharing and purchasing, evasion of sportsmanship systems, and player harassment. In a 2016 statement from Riot Games, systems designer Socrates said any account used by him will be banned immediately upon identification.

“We know we’re not perfect, and this dragged on too long,” wrote Socrates. “But we want you to know when the rare player comes along who’s a genuine jerk, we’ve still got your back.”

Over time, Tyler’s narrative became one of reformation: Can a toxic player truly turn himself around? In the meantime he kept streaming, playing games like PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds. In 2016, League of Legends commentator David “Phreak” Turley said that Tyler1's ban could be reviewed. “If he actually reforms, we might unban him,” said Turley.
    https://compete.kotaku.com/tyler1-ta...leg-1821888823

Wow that's kind of impressive. 380K viewers? People must love his toxicity? What do you think?
    Last edited by Tennis; 2018-01-08 at 11:29 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I feel so smug not knowing who any of these people are

I don't like Tyler1.

My Talking Tom 2
    Last edited by Abbey; 2018-10-03 at 04:28 PM.

Dude, I fucking remember this; It was amazing the amount of people just joining the stream.

What isn't amazing is the boring content he makes now. It's just League Of Legends and no more variety; I miss those Arma days....