Mythic Kin'Garoth - Bombs before the first adds

We've been doing progression on Kin'Garoth for a couple days now. Tonight in particular we got an abnormally high amount of bombs spawning just as the first set of adds spawn, making the first adds significantly more of a pain in the ass.

Is there any known trigger for this first set of bombs? or are we just getting banged by RNG?

Been that way since PTR, occasionally he just casts an extra set right as he's about to transition. Same way there's a point later in the fight where he sometimes ruiner, sometimes doesn't, right before phasing.

an old bug that they never fixed, if it happens, either wipe, or deal with it. We found it easier to just let them be, as we're stacking at all times and can just soak everything at once.
    These day's Im washed, playing VRchat instead.

Just soak them while you're killing the adds. If boss spawns an additional bombs he won't cast them at the beginning after he transitions to normal phase. You will have reverbrating blow and ruiner first.

If I recall correctly, our main tank stated that you only get the extra set of balls if you move away from the boss too early.

Apparently, staying in melee range untill the boss actually transitions is sufficient to ensure you never get that first extra spawn.

This doesn't work for the second and third transition though.

According to our tanks, if that set of balls spawns, he delays the set after the add phase, so it doesn't end up really mattering. Not sure how accurate that is, though, as I have nothing to do with the balls beyond dodging.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by namnah View Post
    If I recall correctly, our main tank stated that you only get the extra set of balls if you move away from the boss too early.

Apparently, staying in melee range untill the boss actually transitions is sufficient to ensure you never get that first extra spawn.

This doesn't work for the second and third transition though.
    thats wrong, I tested it many times.

It happens to use like maybe every 1 in 5 pulls? Seems random and uncontrollable. Similar to how Avatar was in tomb.

It does seem to delay the set of bombs after the adds so overall it's fine, though if you're not expecting it and pop them during the dot from the add phase it can be bad.