Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Imagine being so autistic that you had to buy every single basketball jersey of every single basketball player from every single team.

What a nightmare.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    I actually like this a lot, yes you have to pay for them, but they do support the team, and the person buying these realizes that it is a recolor, and is almost exclusively to support a team. I see a couple for certain heroes I like, but I won't buy a ton of them. Still, I really love the idea.
    I do like the idea, I think it's a great way to support people etc.

But as a collector this is a nightmare, as I have to spend 1200 euro to get them all That's too much
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    There are home and away skins that they use in the league, so no chance of confusion when watching.

The thing about your second idea though... what would happen when the roster changes? I think it is better this way since they wouldn't have to scramble to rework things if, say, xQc gets dropped for another tank player. Unique visuals based on the team, i.e. D.Va's mech displaying the team logo on screen when she enters it, rather than individual players would be neat though.
    *shrug* that's true. i'm kind of just chucking ideas out there maybe it could be like an "18-19 XQC DF Winston" type deal.

i think they have a pretty big opportunity to really captialize on a unique market here if they play their cards right

10+ Year Old Account
    I also try to understand this

Right now there are 12 teams in the League, will these be replaced by another 12 teams later, with ANOTHER 312 new skins? How often is this team-list refreshed?
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post

But as a collector this is a nightmare, as I have to spend 1200 euro to get them all That's too much
    I am a collector as well, but I have set these aside, knowing that they are in a sense, a separate aspect to the game. Basically buying these skins supports esports.

I like the black and gold on some of the characters, the others are almost too bright for my tastes and I don't like the team name on the design. Really liked Widow's until I noticed she now has a tattoo of the lion head on her back. Originally didn't like any of them, but some of the color schemes on certain characters aren't terrible.
    I don't know, maybe, and this is a big maybe, they were sports teams from basketball, soccer, baseball, etc, I might be more interested in them; however, these are teams in an unestqblished tournament of a game still trying to become an esport. I know nothing about these people or teams and see little to no point in supporting them. Who knows how long these teams or even this OW League will exist?
    I'll get my free one and stop there, maybe use it time to time.
    Just my 2 cents. If others love them and want them, they are more than welcome to do so and I'm not trying to convince them they shouldn't. Just not really my thing.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You'll earn tokens from watching OWL. You heard it here first.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

I also try to understand this

Right now there are 12 teams in the League, will these be replaced by another 12 teams later, with ANOTHER 312 new skins? How often is this team-list refreshed?
    So, do you know what the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB anything like that is?
    The OWL is exactly like that, these teams are not just 6 friends together for a year, these teams are run by owners who paid millions for the rights to play in the league, exactly like other professional teams have.

The teams won't disappear unless the team fails to win and attract fans, just like other pro-sports teams work.

So no, don't expect 12 new teams each year, eventually, if OWL is successful you'll see new expansion teams come and some teams may go, just like in every other sporting organization in the world.

My head hurts now, thanks.

Just dumping this amount of new skins feels weird tho.
    LoL releases alotttt of skins a year but they space em out so each skin gets enough attention and a little hype.
    Even spacing this out per hero would have likely caused more sales in general, this is just frontloading the whole thing..

Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    Just dumping this amount of new skins feels weird tho.
    LoL releases alotttt of skins a year but they space em out so each skin gets enough attention and a little hype.
    Even spacing this out per hero would have likely caused more sales in general, this is just frontloading the whole thing..
    Not releasing them at the same time would cause a major outbreak though

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a fan of having to buy them with a currency you cannot earn in game...
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    Not releasing them at the same time would cause a major outbreak though
    Yeah fair enough, but this seems like the worst possible way to do it.
    And any 'outbreak' would help the hype when everyone's favorite hero skin finally gets released.
    People are already skeptical about the OWL in general with its massive buy in and no clear route to become profitable so the first attempt to make money being handled poorly doesn't help..

omg why would you want more than one or two for your prefered team and character
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

You would end up spending an obscene amount of money on these skins that you will never use.

Don't. Think about it this way, they aren't with the normal skins for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    I like the black and gold on some of the characters, the others are almost too bright for my tastes and I don't like the team name on the design. Really liked Widow's until I noticed she now has a tattoo of the lion head on her back. Originally didn't like any of them, but some of the color schemes on certain characters aren't terrible.
    I don't know, maybe, and this is a big maybe, they were sports teams from basketball, soccer, baseball, etc, I might be more interested in them; however, these are teams in an unestqblished tournament of a game still trying to become an esport. I know nothing about these people or teams and see little to no point in supporting them. Who knows how long these teams or even this OW League will exist?
    I'll get my free one and stop there, maybe use it time to time.
    Just my 2 cents. If others love them and want them, they are more than welcome to do so and I'm not trying to convince them they shouldn't. Just not really my thing.
    well yea . most people dont usually care about their team colors or name.

and most people dont enjoy a specific team for a few years.

thats normal with sports
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    Yeah fair enough, but this seems like the worst possible way to do it.
    And any 'outbreak' would help the hype when everyone's favorite hero skin finally gets released.
    People are already skeptical about the OWL in general with its massive buy in and no clear route to become profitable so the first attempt to make money being handled poorly doesn't help..
    If they did start like that people would complain like crazy and they would just release them all at once anyway though. People have been less skeptical lately from what I've seen, might come back when it starts.

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    omg why would you want more than one or two for your prefered team and character
    Understandable for the less good looknig skins, but having more Dynasty skins seems perfectly reasonable. Anbd one might just want to support their team?

I bought the Dallas Force's Genji ..because I hate myself, apparently. Also because I like Seagull, so there's that.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Imagine being so autistic that you had to buy every single basketball jersey of every single basketball player from every single team.

What a nightmare.
    Imagine knowing what autistic really means and knowing when you misuse it to sound cool you really tell everyone you're an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Taalyn View Post
    Imagine knowing what autistic really means and knowing when you misuse it to sound cool you really tell everyone you're an idiot.
    Imagine being this triggered lmao. It's ok, I know your autism related OCD is the real reason you're upset and the anger isn't at me, but at Blizzard for making you unable to collect every single specific skin for every specific team.

Infracted
    Last edited by xChurch; 2018-01-10 at 05:24 AM.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."