15+ Year Old Account

Best free video editing program?

What's the best free video editing program out there for PC besides WMM? (windows movie maker)

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

7+ Year Old Account
    DaVinci Resolve or Lightworks. But personally, I'd go for Premiere Pro, using that daily for work and outside. Although it costs money to use.
    Ryzen 3600X | MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wi-fi | 16GB G.Skill FlareX 3200MHz | Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Pulse | EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G3 Gold | NZXT Kraken X62 | 2TB Samsung 860 EVO | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO | 500GB Samsung 970 NVMe M.2 | 3x 27" HP Omen 165Hz 1Ms Latency

15+ Year Old Account
    I've heard of Lightworks - is it good? How much does it cost? Is it a subscription based payment plan or one upfront cost?

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

7+ Year Old Account
    The basic version of it lies around a monthly subscription fee on 25$ I think. Yeah it's good, not that hard to use. To be quite honest, I'm not really that updated these days on totally free video editing softwares. Got Premiere Pro through work 2 years ago, so I've been riding that ever since I finished my education. But since where I work lacks consistency, they have plenty of different video editing softwares on different PC's, so I've tried a few of them.

Lightworks is easy to use, but as I've said, personally, I find Premiere Pro to be the best/easiest to use.
    Last edited by KingSapmi; 2018-01-11 at 08:18 AM.
    Ryzen 3600X | MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wi-fi | 16GB G.Skill FlareX 3200MHz | Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Pulse | EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G3 Gold | NZXT Kraken X62 | 2TB Samsung 860 EVO | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO | 500GB Samsung 970 NVMe M.2 | 3x 27" HP Omen 165Hz 1Ms Latency

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    What's the best free video editing program out there for PC besides WMM? (windows movie maker)
    Not sure if this is still required or relevant, but Vegas Pro 14 is available in the Humble Bundle again this month for $20.

https://www.humblebundle.com/softwar...eedom-rebundle

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been using HitFilm Express (the free version), but I'm a very light user.

Nonetheless I've been able to do whatever I need with it.

I've not tried it yet myself, but I've seen a few recommendations for Shotcut. It's free, open source and multi-platform, and supports a lot of formats, 4k editing and audio mixing among other things. It's first on my list to try when I start playing around with video editing.

Love Davinci Resolve. The last update turned it from something good, to something very great.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by KingSapmi View Post
    DaVinci Resolve or Lightworks. But personally, I'd go for Premiere Pro, using that daily for work and outside. Although it costs money to use.
    I mean it is 30 days free, and can be free longer if you know what you are doing, also none of the ADOBE products do any special digital signing so you would never know if it was created on a cracked software or not.

I've been using HitFilm Express