Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    people who have the gold to buy the spider dont lose money. please stop spreading this superstition. tia
    i mean he's not entirely wrong. if its a moderate amount, say 1 million - 2 million, more people will be able to buy it. doesn't mean they WILL buy it, but the opportunity is presented.

it has the potential to remove more gold from the game, but i doubt it'd work as he thinks
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Quote Originally Posted by c313 View Post
    It was raised primarily due to the MASSIVE gold influx WoD Garrisons were giving players.

The average Player with more than 2 chars doing their Garrison could easily pull in 1+ Million gold a month doing hardly anything. People actually utilizing their Garrison for gold making purposes with multiple chars could pull in 5+million a month. With this they needed to raise the Gold cap.

Now o days the average player is not making nearly as much. If you putt in the effort you can still bring in these numbers, but it requires actual effort now. Not logging in for 1-2 hours a day doing jack shit and swimming in gold.
    Every time i remember this, i cant stop thinking about the god damn idiot who made the garrison guide here and told people to make the salvage yard if they were planning on raiding <.<

Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    giraffe

*applause* bravo my friend

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dispraise View Post
    I would sell a kidney for a ladybug mount.

Not one of my own, mind you.
    Pretty sure That's illegal

There are mechanical Spiders in game now, so maybe a Golden one of them -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I haven't bought it and never will though, hope the next money sink will be worth the money instead. I purchased the Yak, and the Mammoth because they had a use. The Spider has nothing.
    IMO The spider is one of the most unique mounts in game, and actually has great animations rather than just being thrown together. (Also it goes amazingly with the Rogue Season 2 set). I'll likely be using it long after the expansion (when I'm not flying).

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    It's really just a small segment of the playerbase that does. The rest of us sit at 100k-500k most of the time. I usually scrape by enough for about 2 tokens at a time (without actually buying them).
    I've never really been a huge saver but even I managed to get 2 million together over the course of the expansion. I shuffled things a little on AH but mostly it was just from Order Hall missions and farming and selling ore. Until the last patch you could make a lot of money quick from farming Crocolisks.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dispraise View Post
    I would sell a kidney for a ladybug mount.

Not one of my own, mind you.
    Actually spit my drink out.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Buy it. It's been proven that prolonged exposure to the source of a phobia can eventually cure that phobia.
    By dying from fear and terror!
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous" he said.

- Ogvai, 6th legiones Astartes.

10+ Year Old Account
    That probably won't happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    IMO The spider is one of the most unique mounts in game, and actually has great animations rather than just being thrown together. (Also it goes amazingly with the Rogue Season 2 set). I'll likely be using it long after the expansion (when I'm not flying).
    Oh, don't get me wrong. I am not arguing its model or design, just its functionality. Hence it is lowest on my list. Rather it has room for another, or had a function.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Hey Gehco.
    I too man.
    I purchased mammoth with my coins.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    When I consider buying the Lightforged warframe for example I think that mount is 50 dollars and then I don't buy it. The idea of gold = money makes me not want to spend any gold. If people see a mount for 10 million, it would essentially be (if $20 = 160k gold => $1250.. Who would buy a mount for $1,250??
    Since i would be spending a fake currency i got with minimal effort i will easily spend that gold. The comparison to real money makes only sence if you had a way to turn gold into real money.

But i for one don't count Bnet balance because it's use is very limited.

You value gold far too much imo. i try to spend most of the gold i have. It has no use sitting on my chars. The only reason why some of my chars have high amounts of gold is because i have nothing to spend that gold on.

Deleted
    We
    need
    a

flying
    "yak"
    mount

with
    xmog
    repair

i think at the end of legion a lot of spider mount will be buy with the gold mission thing, people actually farm all their character they can to be on the golden train, so i think a lot of peoplewho was poor at the start of legion willhave like 5-10 m gold, so the 2 m gold for the mount would not be a challenge anymore at the end of legion

10+ Year Old Account
    Gold sink mounts tend to be every other expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Amazing how people got millions of gold, i can hardly break 100k lol
    I just looked at my addon. In the past 7 days I've made 125k. That's just on my main too...

I didn't play much in the past 7 days. That's mostly gold from missions, paragon chests and selling a few items on the AH like dungeon pets or bags.

Gold is damn easy to make. If I put an effort in I would imagine I could be gold capped multiple times.

- - - Updated - - -

I bought the overpriced pet, but I have no desire paying 2mil for a month that doesn't fly or do anything cool. That was a huge miss.

I would argue tokens are a gold sink: I have spent millions on tokens. Yes, someone on the other side got gold, but let's say someone bought a few tokens to get the 500k mount..that gold from me to them to the vendor so its gone. I am pretty sure a lot of gold is bleeding out of the game with vendors through the token system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krobane View Post
    Give me an Ur'zul with all the faces of the dead heroes of Azeroth. Arthas, Garrosh, Tirion, Uther, Kael'thalas, Cho'gall....etc. all smashed into one grotesque flying meatball.
    This needs to be a thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themanintobuildafire View Post
    I just looked at my addon. In the past 7 days I've made 125k. That's just on my main too...

I didn't play much in the past 7 days. That's mostly gold from missions, paragon chests and selling a few items on the AH like dungeon pets or bags.

Gold is damn easy to make. If I put an effort in I would imagine I could be gold capped multiple times.

- - - Updated - - -

I bought the overpriced pet, but I have no desire paying 2mil for a month that doesn't fly or do anything cool. That was a huge miss.

I would argue tokens are a gold sink: I have spent millions on tokens. Yes, someone on the other side got gold, but let's say someone bought a few tokens to get the 500k mount..that gold from me to them to the vendor so its gone. I am pretty sure a lot of gold is bleeding out of the game with vendors through the token system.
    Tokens are not a gold sink, since the gold is just moving from one player to another. AH and BMAH are gold sinks (AH because it removes the AH fee from the game, and BMAH removes all the gold for the purchase). Rule of thumb: If you buy something from a vendor, or use a NPC service like repair or additional bank slots or void storage / transmog, then your gold vanishes from the game. If you pay a player, it (mostly) stays in the economy, just changes the account.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    It's really just a small segment of the playerbase that does. The rest of us sit at 100k-500k most of the time. I usually scrape by enough for about 2 tokens at a time (without actually buying them).
    Not true at all. I don't touch the auction house and I make almost half a million gold a month from missions, wq, alts. I only have 2 characters getting the Argus gold missions, but 10 that still get the regular gold missions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okard View Post
    they took out chill of the throne, if you havent looked. Youre going to do 30% less than youre used to.

for 1M gold per lesson,taking 52 lessons to "learn" an NPC In a long Leather trench coat, wearing sunglasses teaches you to fly without a mount or shape shift. Your lessons will first start in a white instance, obstacles will be add each week as will a timer.
    Eventually you will "race" your teacher to achieve the "talent" of flight.
    No mount,
    No shape shift.
    Only on the toon you achieve it on, NEVER account wide.

rowboat mount powered by orange gnomes with green hair

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leetbeartank View Post
    Not true at all. I don't touch the auction house and I make almost half a million gold a month from missions, wq, alts. I only have 2 characters getting the Argus gold missions, but 10 that still get the regular gold missions.
    Not true at all, I...
    talk about anecdotal evidence.

I very much doubt the majority of the playerbase cares enough about gold to play the mission-table daily with multiple characters... especially seeing how little use gold really has in the end.