Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Blade Runner 2049 by a very long way. Nothing comes close to it.

Dunkirk was enjoyable.

The Last Jedi was easily the worst movie I saw from 2017. It was beautifully shoot and the props department out did themelves but the acting (Mark did a good job with a woeful script for Luke), scripting and plot was just terrible and had no redeeming qualities at all.
    Why join the navy when you can be a pirate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archon14 View Post
    What I call the big four: Logan, Dunkirk, Last Jedi, Blade Runner 2049.

I can't pick one above others because all 4 impressed me in different ways.

Just when I thought superhero movies can't really get much better than Logan, they decide to release a Logan Noir version that makes the movie even better.
    And I don't think anyone can expect that a sequel would be able to keep the charm and atmosphere of the original movie, despite being released 30+ years in the future, and then we get Blade Runner 2049...

I hope 2018 brings us new masterpieces. I really want to see something crazy from the Venom movie.
    2049 was pretty amazing.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alien Covenant (I fucking loved Prometheus and this)

Kizumonogatari III: Reiketsu-hen

John Wick 2

Thor 3

I didn't watch much at the theater this year tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Star Wars, I'm the huge marvel fan but I wanted darker tones for Thor, it felt to GotG for me, and GoTG 2 felt like a dumbed down GotG 1. Yondu was cool as shit though but Star Wars 9 was excellent, only people who hate it are alt right trolls and who cares about them
    This is hardly surprising that marvel fans would enjoy TLJ and the similarities it shares with marvel movies.Also grow up amd understand people can have different tastes in films without been alt right. What an utterly silly comment.

star wars, because fuck you!
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Bladerunner easily.
    Kizumonogatari III: Reiketsu-hen for animu movie.
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 2018-01-21 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardedOne View Post
    Blade Runner 2049 by a very long way. Nothing comes close to it.

Dunkirk was enjoyable.

The Last Jedi was easily the worst movie I saw from 2017. It was beautifully shoot and the props department out did themelves but the acting (Mark did a good job with a woeful script for Luke), scripting and plot was just terrible and had no redeeming qualities at all.
    Hey buddy, the Star Wars hate bandwagon is that way ->
    Stop trying to show off

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    I would have to say Logan. An excellent movie start to finish.

Shout out to Thor: Ragnarok for being better than I would have expected.
    I agree that Logan was really, really good.
    I also enjoy Marvel Movies (sometimes), but they are IMO quite forgettable and I often mix them up. So while I do find some of the Marvel Movies enjoyable a the theater, I rarely revisit them. Ever. It's like they follow a very similar formula and the humor is the same in all of them. That said, Thor Ragnarok was one of the better Marvel Movies.
    But as for comic book movies, Logan easily was the best for me in 2017.

Otherwise, Dunkirk was good.
    And The Foreigner with Chackie Chan was very good too IMO. Slightly overlooked movie, but an excellent (and old fashioned) thriller that barely had a computer, hacking or electronic gadgets in it - excellent!

I have yet to see Blade Runner 2049.

Biggest letdown of the year was probably Alien Covenant or Star Wars. Alien Covenant, I don't like the backstory of the aliens, takes away all mystery there is to them and the backstory isn't even particularly good (IMO).
    Star Wars... wonderful imagery and production values, but the writing is shit and the plot was boring. They need new writers IMO. George Lucas did a way, way better job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    There is nothing special about baby driver, unless you like hearing characters explain why baby uses an ipod
    So what other movie uses music the same way as Baby Driver?

I've watched a lot of movies this year and I have to say none of them blew my mind. Many were great, but none I want to mention as absolutely amazing. 2016 was a better year imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    So what other movie uses music the same way as Baby Driver?
    Keep in mind, different does not automatically equal special. I can't name an album other than Metallica's St. Anger where it sounds like the drummer was using a trashcan, a steel chair, and a baking sheet rather than a drum kit, but that doesn't make St. Anger a special album...just a bad one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I mean you've just judged the biggest franchise in the world's fanbase for having bad taste, and you say I make a silly comment? Literally every time someone knocks TLJ it's something to do with a rey being a girl or the that it's PC. Don't call other comments silly when yours is also silly champ.
    This is just a classic case of confirmation bias....stop looking for the comments about it you want to see and actually read what a lot of people are saying which has nothing to do with the alt right. I also made no comment on whether marvel fans were good or bad just unsurprised they would like TLJ.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Algorath View Post
    Hey buddy, the Star Wars hate bandwagon is that way ->
    Stop trying to show off
    Why are you so fragile that someone disliking a movie upsets you?
    Last edited by TheBeardedOne; 2018-01-21 at 07:28 PM.

Albeit it has it's flaws, Kingsman: The Golden Circle.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardedOne View Post
    I also made no comment on whether marvel fans were good or bad just unsurprised they would like TLJ.
    The marvel fan that liked TLJ also said that he didn't like Thor 3 despite it returning to a classic comedic marvel formula. So what's your point exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Archon14 View Post
    The marvel fan that liked TLJ also said that he didn't like Thor 3 despite it returning to a classic comedic marvel formula. So what's your point exactly?
    That it felt and watched like a marvel movie...draw your own conclusions whether that is good or bad.

Blade Runner, Thor, John Wick 2 and American Made. No particular order.