Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Came completely off of anesthesia about an hour after having a sinus surgery and my tonsils and adenoids removed (all at the same time). My room wasn't ready, so the only thing they could give me was ice.
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

Reading this thread is ...I don't think I can anymore....

My gallbladder died over 9 years and I barely survived the surgery. Over 60 doctors in that span didn't figure it out. I was rushed to the E.R. in pain to get it removed.

That or an Abscess. I'd lean towards the gallbladder just due to being in pain for almost a decade.

Um, this one might be TMI so spoiler tags...

I had a partial circumcision, and about an hour after my release from hospital I got a call saying that I needed to retract the remaining foreskin to ensure it healed properly. The skin that had been operated on less than a day ago. I managed to do it, nearly passed out in the process though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helryx View Post
    Had a pilonidal cyst removed last May and the 2 weeks after were some of the most painful weeks in my life, easily a 7 or 8. Only way I could sit down and not be in excruciating pain was putting down 3 or 4 pillows, and getting it changed every day was equally as painful.
    Did they also tell you they would just drain it? That's what they told me and I woke up to an inch deep by 1.5 inches wide fucking hole that had to be packed every day by a nurse coming to my house. So yeah, I can agree on that being painful as fuck.

I have rather bad Crohn's Disease to the point I was in and out of hospital every few months and became dependant on steroids. I'm on infusions now which are far better, but 10+ years of constant steroidal treatments has fucked my body up badly. I have steroid induced Osteoporosis now as well and muscle wasting to the point I now need 200mg Tramadol a day just to be able to dull the pain of movement.
    But yeah, a Crohns flare up is fucking painful when you're constantly running to toilet just to shit up blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    A tie between having to have a root canal and tooth removed simultaneously due to infection with no anaesthetic (it was too infected for the anaesthetic) or the recovery of my laser eye surgery. Two entirely different types of pain, but both extremely painful in their own respects. But I think the eye surgery gets the nod because it also brought with it the sense of fear of not knowing if it was going right or not. The dental pain I knew was temporary.

10+ Year Old Account
    ovarian cyst that burst. Equiv is like being stabbed in the balls (or somewhere equally sensitive) every 5 seconds for 12+ hours.

Deleted
    I´m lucky becouse I have yet to experience anything near to some of the posts here but some years ago I had a case fongus on my left foot that grew for like a month without me noticing it, I remember that it was winter and I was so in my rutine that I only saw it while I was cutting my toe nails... something brown/greenish was growing in my sole, the thing was 9 cm long and 3 cm wide, with several branches. The first thing that came to mind were the flood creatures from halo, I paniked but I soon realiced that I just couldn´t feel anything. I tried to cut all it off with a tatic knife that I had esteriliced but as soon I got a bit deep and knew I couldn´t feel a thing until the blade was around 4 cm deep, I aknowledge that I had to get to a hospital.

The hospital sent me to a dermatologist office and the doctor was fascinated, he was surprised that something that big was on my foot without me not noticing it. He took a couple of pictures and call some collegues, it seemed that something like that was commun on summer not on winter and on a lesser scale, at first they were very concerned that I might loose a 30% of my foot. In the end they decided that the plan to follow was by doing a "burn out" with liquid fire with a blowtorch in several sessions on the affected areas so my foot could regen some of its tissue over the time. The first sessions were painless but as the thing progressed I could actually feel the pain of the doctor burning my foot, it was horrible, it wasn´t like something that would knok you out but it was a steady pain that persisted for minutes.

I could not walk for half a year after it all ended, and some parts of my foot were missing ( I would say like a 10 %, mainly the zone around the sole of you feet) but it eventually recovered and right now when I see it its like nothing ever happened.
    Last edited by mmoc6be59f45c9; 2018-01-11 at 02:28 AM.

Deleted
    Well worst pain I would say is flesh eating bacteria or something.
    But according to my, luckily, everyday traumas.
    Period cramps, 7
    Almost broke my wrist when slipping on ice, doctor said a possible crack in the skeleton, 8
    Slipping down a hill and hitting my head against the concrete, fainting, 9

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Kidney Stones... /endthread

If you have passed some...you know
    If you haven't...I honestly hope you never do

My 1st kidney stone. I had no clue what it was and I was home alone. My pain was at 12 or as I call it Samuel L Jackson.....it hurt like a MFer. The nurse asked me to describe my pain level. I said you know that scene where the Jedi's are burning through the doors in Epi 1 The Phantom Meance, I totally know how that door feels.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Snapped my arm, arm wrestling when I was drunk.

The actual break didn't hurt, but the bones rubbing together after for the couple hours really did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kidney Stones....
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

I had a bad case of Epididymitis, infection in the testicle causing swelling and extreme pain, some years back. To make things worse it happened while camping in the mountains, about 5 miles from a road. The first day I tried to just deal through it. The second day I had hike back and then drive down a very bumpy road to get to the highway. Every small movement sent a surge of pain greater than when I passed a kidney stone. I was also stabbed in the eye with a seashell (accidentally) it penetrated the eye even cutting the retina in the back, this probably hurt worse, but my body entered such a state of shock that I don't remember any major pain until after I was being treated in the hospital and on major painkillers.

As far as breaking a bone, yes, but it was while I was to young to remember.

The Epididymitis was a pain that I can't imagine anything worse than.
    Last edited by Utinil; 2018-01-11 at 03:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    Having a double abscess on the same tooth root. No painkillers could touch it until I had morphine.

It was worse than childbirth and labour combined.
    My pain threshold is weird as fuck, when I was 5 or 6 I had a quarter sized abscess that I didn't feel and no one noticed until I went in for a cleaning. I've had 2 root canals and 1 crown done in a single visit without much hassle, but god have mercy on me when they have to do a little filling or routine cleanup.

Appendicitis. Fortunately, it only hurt when I moved and it hadn't ruptured yet when I went to the Hospital. It wasn't so bad I couldn't drive myself, so I saved a couple hundred of dollars not having to get in an ambulance. It was 10x worse after the operation when I had to sneeze though. Thankfully Hydrocodone is a hell of a drug.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I had shingles when I was 30. worst pain of my life. thought I was dying. I am told it is comparable pain to child birth.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't broken anything, haven't suffered any sickness or disease profoundly painful, but the absolute worst pain I've ever felt so far was at the dentist. Stickin' a needle in my gums and drilling away before the local anesthesia took hold...I screamed my fucking head off.

That shit was unbearable!
    Last edited by MonsieuRoberts; 2018-01-11 at 03:37 AM.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    All this talk of kidney stones really has me scared now I do drink lots of water but I also drink lots of coffee, diet sodas and alcohol
    Keep drinking atleast 2L water a day and reduce ur salt thats my tip, trust me once you have an attack you will do everything to prevent it
    Last edited by Msi; 2018-01-11 at 05:16 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Acute pancreatitis due to gallstone blocking the pancreas duct. Basically, pancreas was bathing in its own digestive enzyme and started digesting itself. This was extremely painful, i actually slap myself on the head to distract me from the pain. I was rushed to the ER and quickly under morphine upon arrival.

It's amazing how you can go from excruciating pain to everything's ok, i'm totally fine with enough morphine.