Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I think Blizzard is not quite beyond that. as we been going back to the portal log-in screens. I would love a screen that goes back to the classic screen, but have it bloodied and surrounded by armor and weapons.
    [Insert Infraction Here]

What would be cool Is a recall to the Warcraft III Reing of Chaos main menu <3
    I AM MY SCARS!
    -Illidan, Legion.

Would be cool but at this point the login screen is barely even seen. Not worth the effort. Would have been a great idea pre launcher though
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Is less and less people have the occasion to take a look at the login screen, may they lower the quality and the time investment they put in it as time goes?
    I AM MY SCARS!
    -Illidan, Legion.

I had an idea like that floating around my head during Mists, launching with a shot of Pandaran monks meditating in VoEB with a small plume of smoke way off in the distance, and with each patch the fire approaches closer and closer and the monks grow fewer and fewer, finishing with a shot of the sha corrupted vale with a sole monk left, still meditating.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by isuridedes View Post
    Yeah but if it's rarely seen by your average player... why invest the time and resources? I mean how often do you sit at the login screen and not login?
    Its the detail that matters, and these small things just add up to the whole thing. And realy.. resources.. ?

15+ Year Old Account
    Omg who the hell cares about the login screen and WHY? It adds nothing to the game, you see it for 3 seconds when you log in to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangreflamme View Post
    Hi all,

Fist of all, this is my first threat.
    So there are more threats to come?

why do i have a feeling that the loading screen is gonna be the ruins of lorderon under siege

15+ Year Old Account
    I would like it if the login screen background changes depending on where you logged off last time. Outland? See a Burning Crusade login screen. Similarly to the loading screen. But that wouldn't make much sense necessarily, if you log into a different character.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

7+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea, but first of all we need a character selection screen like Tera. Its the best i've seen so far, sometimes i'm just sitting there and looking at it for a while. But yeah, its just cosmetic and probably very low on Blizzards priority list, and maybe don't really fit with WoW's look and style.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only see the login screen on DCs, so maybe 2 times a year. So more work for stuff I don't see, that's a no from me.
    Or did you mean the character selection screen?

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Omg who the hell cares about the login screen and WHY? It adds nothing to the game, you see it for 3 seconds when you log in to play.
    I think it's really important, since it's the first thing a new or returning player is going to see from the game after the epic expansion cinematic. It gives the vibe and the theme of the expac.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niovi View Post
    I like the idea, but first of all we need a character selection screen like Tera. Its the best i've seen so far, sometimes i'm just sitting there and looking at it for a while. But yeah, its just cosmetic and probably very low on Blizzards priority list, and maybe don't really fit with WoW's look and style.
    What does the Tera one looks like ?
    I AM MY SCARS!
    -Illidan, Legion.

I'd really just like to be able to change the loading screen and music used. Always hearing the same theme for 2 years gets tiring.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangreflamme View Post
    What does the Tera one looks like ?
    Your characters walking down a devastated scenery, side by side with some cool music. Looks pretty nice imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgnThY2Rx3M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYH9bywNM9k

Quote Originally Posted by Niovi View Post
    Your characters walking down a devastated scenery, side by side with some cool music. Looks pretty nice imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgnThY2Rx3M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYH9bywNM9k
    That looks so sloppy >_>

On topic though, I actually wouldn't mind having a dropdown to pick a login screen from any xpack.

WoW login screens are almost entirely 2D mixed w/ 3D stuff here and there, IIRC, the only mostly 3D login screen was in Cata, but after that they went back to mostly 2D screens, so making them more dynamic and change over the course of xpack is possible, but prob isn't seen as necessary or worth the resources.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    That looks so sloppy >_>
    Yeah it could use some improvements and i know its not everyones taste... but i like it because its different. Seeing all your characters at once is just cool imo.

Old character selection screen was nice too:

It's technically pretty easy to do, but what's a login screen anyway? Literally haven't seen it since like MoP..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by isuridedes View Post
    None of these reasons are, on their own, enough to really justify "why bother" but taken together I imagine such a change would not be worth the effort.

• It would require artwork to be created, approved, and deployed.
    • Each login screen would probably require a patch, assuming the design isn't being pulled via some database call
    • You run the risk of players who are behind in content seeing spoilers of what is to come
    • The Battle.net app likely minimizes the number of players exposed to the login screen anyway

Honestly I'd much rather be a bit more greedy and ask them to do more to change the world around you as the expansion progresses.
    I agree with pretty much all that. Dynamic load screens would be fun, but I'd rather see palpable changes in the world itself. Like why is Valsharah all 'nightmarey' when we curbstomped all the stuff responsible for it? Sure it would have healed at least some, a year+ later?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is it possible? Sure.

Would Blizz invest that much work in the era of the launcher? No.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)