Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It would be cool.

After the Legion's defeat, some Eredar surrendered to the Army of the Light, ready for their execution. Meanwhile, the Banshee Queen learned of their situation, and offered the service of the Horde Shamans and Warlocks - they would help the Man'ari heal and control their demonic infusion. In trade, they would join the Horde against the Alliance and, more importantly, the traitorous Draenei who rejected Kil'jaeden's vision and murdered their comrades.

Meanwhile, the Krokul of Argus join the Alliance, to help avenge their dying planet against the atrocious Man'ari eredar, who joined the Horde. This factions is betraying Azeroth by protecting the Eredar. They will BURN!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Simple questions - why would they wanna join horde, and more importantly, why would horde let them join ? This isn't as easy as forsaken who were mindless slaves who then got liberated. All those eradar were quite happy throwing their unimpressive, generic threats at us.

And really, they are too much of a failures to be playable. I would prefer something strong, like snowbolds to be allied race.
    Because the Horde just wants to steal the waggle...they've already got about everything else

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    No. Saurfang would be extremely vocal on this one.
    Nah, they would just scream "For The Horde" and all the atrocities would be forgiven and they would be welcomed as Warchief.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
    I've sacrificed everything, what have you giv...

Punches the demon hunter in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Maybe they'll crash their spaceship called the Felodar into an unknown island while escaping pursuit from the evil Draenei and then join the Horde.
    "You face Paraxis, eredar wreck of the Burning Legion!"

Simple questions - why would they wanna join horde, and more importantly, why would horde let them join ? This isn't as easy as forsaken who were mindless slaves who then got liberated. All those eradar were quite happy throwing their unimpressive, generic threats at us.

And really, they are too much of a failures to be playable. I would prefer something strong, like snowbolds to be allied race.
    KJ thought that sargeras cant be defeated but now he is many who where like KJ will join after

secondly did you read rise of the horde and knew what the orcs did of horrible things ?

- - - Updated - - -

they are way less corrupted and cringy than the void elves

there characteristic suits the horde, specialy if they gave them horns and claws. As in war of the ancient
    when Deathwing sacrificed an eredar male he had horns.
    Last edited by Farrarie; 2018-01-12 at 08:11 PM.

Playable demons are really unpractical since you would "rezz" in the twisting nether and it would take you forever to walk/fly back assuming you can find the way. Time also flows differently in the twisting nether so you would come back years later even if you would find a direct portal back.

Quote Originally Posted by Garfurion View Post
    Playable demons are really unpractical since you would "rezz" in the twisting nether and it would take you forever to walk/fly back assuming you can find the way. Time also flows differently in the twisting nether so you would come back years later even if you would find a direct portal back.
    the demon hunter's soul is demonic and goes to the nether, just like illidan's, and they're able to rez at their corpse on mardum(the only canonical case of anyone doing that). mardum is NOT in the nether.

should be similar for a man'ari, or nathrezim.

All those Demons that served Illidan comes to mind and all those demons and even naga who serve the Demon Hunters still.

Majority of the universe makes up the Legion, hard to believe that all of them are actually evil and not just doing as they're told, especially since we probably only ever fought 1-10% of their entire ranks.

I think getting both a group of lesser Eredar for the Horde and the Argus Broken for Alliance would be cool later on down the road when the Void starts attacking.

I like the notion of recruiting some Legion leftovers, but it'd feel bizarre to have Eredar join the Horde.

Sure they could write the lore to make it fit, but the aesthetic and culture of the faction is important.

EDIT:

I'd rather see Ogres, Outcast or High Arakkoa, Biped-Nerubians or benevolent Qiraji, even these new Sethrak.

Eredar are at the bottom of the list in my opinion.
    Last edited by Skytotem; 2018-01-13 at 08:44 AM.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    the demon hunter's soul is demonic and goes to the nether, just like illidan's, and they're able to rez at their corpse on mardum(the only canonical case of anyone doing that). mardum is NOT in the nether.

should be similar for a man'ari, or nathrezim.
    In my tribe there was a long forgotten myth that said that most long nose people are smart.
    Now I think its not a myth anymore

A lot of people here talk about the “rule of cool” or something like that, and while it’s completely subjective, red Draenei are “cool” to me at least. So yes I’d love if Horde had access to Man’ari Eredar.

For people that complain about it being a “huge” lore blunder, c’mon we have Void Elves. Also, I just don’t think it outside the realm of possibility that there’s a renegade group out there, that might be looking for a home. OP pointed out that in lore Legion betrayers get locked up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Slaves would be wonderful. It goes against the Orcish "We will never be slaves!" WoD cinematic warcry, but under a Horde lead by Sylvanas it makes nothing but sense to take them as spoils of war. Truly, the idea hearkens to her Warcraft III TFT shrewdness when she forced Varimathras to serve her and kill Balnazzar. And the only way I see them joining the Alliance is if they let Turalyon Lightforge them like Lothraxion; which defeats the point of the custom skin.

I just don't know if modern Blizzard is cool enough to channel 2003 Blizzard moral ambiguity and give the Horde slaves.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    A lot of people here talk about the “rule of cool” or something like that, and while it’s completely subjective, red Draenei are “cool” to me at least. So yes I’d love if Horde had access to Man’ari Eredar.

For people that complain about it being a “huge” lore blunder, c’mon we have Void Elves. Also, I just don’t think it outside the realm of possibility that there’s a renegade group out there, that might be looking for a home. OP pointed out that in lore Legion betrayers get locked up.
    The fact that Void Elves and Nightborne exist doesn't necessarily make them good ideas.

I'd argue both are bad ideas that, so far, seem to have surprisingly good execution.
    Twas brillig

Need a very good story line but I would LOOOOVE to play as one. Also I would LOVE to play as a Fel Orc too!

Last edited by Magister of Quelthalas; 2018-03-16 at 03:06 PM.

Considering KJ death cinematic I think they would make sense only for Alliance and IF they choose to make amends for their crimes. Velen may be willing to accept those who choose path of redemption.

Actually they could be really great replace for VELFs or Lightforged as Draenei Allied Race.

What about playable warframes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't think the orcs would look kindly upon the Man'ari, considering they (well, Kil'jaeden) are the ones that caused them to become corrupt to begin with.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Deleted
    This is what I always advocated for, Eredar for Horde, and Alliance High Elves for the Alliance

That way both factions get a model from the other faction.

Too early for that. Maybe two expansions later, when they could have be somehow relevant again. This way it would feel too rushed and weird for them to be so eager to join people (even if that was the Horde) they were all about to destroy just few months back. On the other hand, after few years later, they could deliver some interesting story with these few redeemed surviving outcasts looking for help. Then - why not. But now it's too early.
    Last edited by Big Mama; 2018-03-16 at 08:44 PM.

Your later question I think it's the most interesting. What about all the world that were being attacked by the legion while we were defeating them. I can imagine other worlds not being happy Azeroth is giving a home to the Eradar.