Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    You speak for all humans? Taste is subjective.
    No, Culinary taste is rather OBJECTIVE.

Opinions are subjective, and Opinions can be swayed by the most stupid of reasons.

Tell me, Do you think Fear and pain makes something taste better?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Whats wrong with men having underage sex with young girls in middle eastern countries? Oh its part of their culture, their religious book tells them its okay, and it also says women need to cover up every bit of skin. Thats all okay because 'its part of their culture'.
    "Underage" IS an arbitrary cultural thing and is tied to age of consent which is also an arbitrary cultural thing. The lowest age of consent for sex in Western Culture is 14. Biologically age of reproduction is ~12.
    Age difference is also an arbitrary cultural thing.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    No, Culinary taste is rather OBJECTIVE.

Opinions are subjective, and Opinions can be swayed by the most stupid of reasons.

Tell me, Do you think Fear and pain makes something taste better?
    Culinary taste is simply a breakdown of taste. Ramsey could consider something delicious, some others might dislike. There is nothing objective of something being delicious or disgusting.

On point 2, don't know and don't care. I'm not a fan of slaughtering animals involving pain.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    how much lube did you need to slip that in there so subtly?
    Lol I don't mean it in negative way. It just an example of something I disagree with but don't actually give a shit if that's what people are into. I don't think it's my place to infringe on someone's rights in gay marriage. Same with eating dog. My culture says that's bad, so I don't like, but their culture says it's ok. So good for them, it's not harming humans.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Culinary taste is simply a breakdown of taste. Ramsey could consider something delicious, some others might dislike. There is nothing objective of something being delicious or disgusting.

On point 2, don't know and don't care. I'm not a fan of slaughtering animals involving pain.
    Well I gave you why "Some" people think Dog meat is worth eating, Literally everyone else describes it as subpar.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    I know we've had threads about this before but I was looking through petition.org while sipping on a cuppa and enjoying Maryland's biscuits as I usually do on a Friday afternoon, you know, just trying to see what different petitions I can sign and what change I can contribute to society a ritual for me as of late. However, I was shocked to see a petition calling for "Boycott PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympics in South Korea, A Dog Eating Nation!" . Isn't this a bit much? I actually love watching the Winter Olympics and have always felt they were more engaging and entertaining than the main Olympics show that draws a much bigger crowd.

The language used in the petition is also strewn with echoes of the all-too familiar Western superiority and even says that eating dogs is barbaric and even uneducated. Really? Uneducated?

Eating dog, not a problem, the way they aquire and treat the dogs before eating them though is what really gets people, for the likes of china, they steal pet dogs and mistreat them.
    https://assets.change.org/photos/9/m...jpg?1487689717

Nothing wrong with it, and I'm a dog person through and through.

Whether it's guinea pig, horse, rabbit, doesn't matter to me. If I would be on a trip in asia and a host family offers me dog meat, I wouldn't decline. I guess I woudn't actively look for it either, but if it just happens to be on the plate? Sure, thank you for your hospitality.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    Eating dog, not a problem, the way they aquire and treat the dogs before eating them though is what really gets people, for the likes of china, they steal pet dogs and mistreat them.
    https://assets.change.org/photos/9/m...jpg?1487689717
    Pieces of shit. Would be real fun if they all fell down the boiling water themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by New sauce boy View Post
    I don't know where you're from but I've never seen horse meat on a menu and I've been to many restaurants.

Also Is there proof that China eats dog like we eat chicken? I've never heard China actually raising dogs so they could be eaten. Then again like you said I'm not from China so what would I know?
    1. Most horses are kept as working horses or for recreational use/sports which means they are often medicated differently to horses used as livestock/human consumption.
    some of the medicines (like phenylbutazone) and vaccines that horses are subjected to makes them unfit for human consumption, in the entirety of its lifetime, even after a single dose/cure.
    that's the reason you don't see horse meat around a lot, it's simply hard to come by. The meat is very good though.

2. they don't exactly eat dogs like we eat chicken, and eating dogs is not something that's common in the centers of china.
    it's more connected to the rural regions and areas, where they do indeed, at a small scale, keep dogs for human consumption.

But then again, chinas mentality when it comes to food is somewhere around ''has it been alive? yes? food it is''
    When i went to china i were subjected to deep fried seastars, tortoises/turtles served whole in their shells, jellyfish soups and we did indeed find a place that had dog, but didn't order it.

Deleted
    "trying to see what different petitions I can sign and what change I can contribute to society"

yeah signing some useless petition really changes things. people have been trying to stop that festival for ages and china doesn't give a fuck

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    Eating dog, not a problem, the way they aquire and treat the dogs before eating them though is what really gets people
    i'm sure animals everywhere else are treated better right? there are tons of videos from the US alone with cows, chickens and pigs being tortured and whatnot

There's nothing wrong with humans eating anything not human, in moral terms. Whether an animal is edible or not is irrelevant for this point. It just so happens that most of western society can't differentiate food from feelings, which is how we ended up with vegans and people hating cultures that eat animals considered pets by some.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

I wouldn't want to eat dog by choice, no idea if it has ended up in some of the food I've eaten during my 38 day vacation in china, but if so, it was without me knowing it was dog.

If the dogs would be bred, handled and killed humanely, there would be nothing wrong morally with other people eating it. I just wouldn't eat it by choice.

That being said, not sure if anyone who has eaten lobster can complain about how a potential food item met its demise.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Then the East should not start crying when we don't fund them with our big fancy western sporting event then.
    You do know that most countries that end up hosting those fancy events always lose money, large amounts of it by the way.
    Just take a look at London they took in $3.5 billion in revenues and shelled out something like $18 billion to host the games.
    The only people making money of the Olympics is the IOC nobody else.
    Why do you think so many countries these days either withdraw their countries from the list or don't even bother submitting it at all, bit hard to explain to your taxpayers that you are going to spend 20 billion plus on a event that will give you nothing but a headache in return.
    Be glad that you have these Asian and Arabian countries willing to shell out this kind of money they do it for prestige and have money to burn us westerners just don't give a shit anymore or at least not at those prices.
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    For me they're too sentient. Please don't compare a dog to a cow or a pig
    Cows and pigs are smart as hell as well. They're also very friendly and playful animals when they're not forced into inhumane living conditions.

I don't have any problems with eating animals, I wish things could be done more humanely but when you're producing food for a few hundred million people that's not really practical. I personally wouldn't ever eat dog but if someone in a less fortunate country doesn't have as many sources of food but they have an abundance of stray dogs then I can't really be upset at them for making a decision to either eat dog or go hungry.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    Cows and pigs are smart as hell as well. They're also very friendly and playful animals when they're not forced into inhumane living conditions.

I don't have any problems with eating animals, I wish things could be done more humanely but when you're producing food for a few hundred million people that's not really practical. I personally wouldn't ever eat dog but if someone in a less fortunate country doesn't have as many sources of food but they have an abundance of stray dogs then I can't really be upset at them for making a decision to either eat dog or go hungry.
    Yes I can see how the cow jumps to your defense when needed.

Seen too many videos where the Chinese have zero compassion for their fellow man (such as ignore people dying, just carry on... their "not my business" attitude), naturally this rings more true to their total lack of it towards animals.

Nothing short of barbaric, boil and torching dogs alive with zero regards to its pain and suffering? They even do it deliberately as it supposedly "improved the flavour".

Fucking sickening.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Yes I can see how the cow jumps to your defense when needed.
    Well I mean cows aren't normally kept as pets and the vast majority of people are just ignorant as to their behavior when they're not kept in ridiculous slaughter farms. Even if cows don't behave exactly as dogs though, does that mean they're worth less as a sentient creature?

If eating dog meat is part of their culture, then it is their personal decision. The only thing I am personally against is complete mistreatment of animals that are used for food. If they get slaughtered for food according to the standards of modern meat industry, then it is perfectly fine.

The petition you talk about is clearly one that just takes things at face value, believing that everyone who eats dog meat first tenderizes a living dog with a club and then eats it like a caveman. They're just uspet somebody would eat dogs.

If you eat any other meat, you should be fine with people eating dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post

I don't have any problems with eating animals, I wish things could be done more humanely but when you're producing food for a few hundred million people that's not really practical.
    I think giving animals a humane death is practical...just don't boil them alive or otherwise prolong their suffering. Can every animal live out its life to the end of its natural days on a picturesque farm with plenty of acreage to itself? Well no, probably not. But we can at least provide them with a basic sense of comfort.

Sad that even in the US we had to pass laws about chickens needing at least enough space to turn around while in cages. And that only passed in one state.