Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Trust GXT 38 2.1 Ultimate/Logitech Z333 2.1

So im thinking about getting some 2.1 desk speakers for my setup. im not going for something fancy because most of the time i will be using my sennheiser hd 558. But i would like to get something that can give a good bass kick and sound decent enough.

Right now the Trust and Logitech set is on sale for 50 EU. I have tried to google some reviews, but there isn't many and the ones there is are really mixed, so if any one on this board has some experience with these ones, i would really love some input
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly do you want a 2.1 set?

I've tried a lot and decided I'm going to stick with just a stereo set if I'm honest because the sound honestly bitchslapped sets I tried for 2.1 kits.

My choice of speakers are:

Edifier R1280T if you don't care about the wooden colour, costs 90 euros new.
    Edifier R1280DB if you the Black colour but also has Bluetooth and Optical connector, but is also immediately 30 euros more expensive for me ... damn Edifier!

Give them a look/try ... you might just be swayed by it.
    "A quantum supercomputer calculating for a thousand years could not even approach the number of fucks I do not give."
    - Kirito, Sword Art Online Abridged by Something Witty Entertainment

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    Honestly do you want a 2.1 set?

I've tried a lot and decided I'm going to stick with just a stereo set if I'm honest because the sound honestly bitchslapped sets I tried for 2.1 kits.

My choice of speakers are:

Edifier R1280T if you don't care about the wooden colour, costs 90 euros new.
    Edifier R1280DB if you the Black colour but also has Bluetooth and Optical connector, but is also immediately 30 euros more expensive for me ... damn Edifier!

Give them a look/try ... you might just be swayed by it.
    They look nice and i like the wooden color. How is the bess on them? (I listen to Trance music)
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

15+ Year Old Account
    I think they're fine.. They aren't a subwoofer of course but that's expected.

But the problem here is that sound is subjective.. I dunno if you have a MediaMarkt near you as they are one of Edifiers official partners.

They might have a set on listening display.

Best is to find reviews with more specifics if MediaMarkt isn't an option.
    "A quantum supercomputer calculating for a thousand years could not even approach the number of fucks I do not give."
    - Kirito, Sword Art Online Abridged by Something Witty Entertainment

15+ Year Old Account
    I would like to agree with Evildeffy.
    In my opinion you get the best sound with (active) near field monitors (stereo). They are speakers that are usually build to reproduce the original intended sound without amplifying any specific frequencies. If you want a heavy bass, then these are not the right ones, but for me they produce the most natural sound.

Have a look at:
    https://www.thomann.de/dk/aktive_nea...price-last=200

If your sound card is not the best (like mine), then you might want to look for speakers with integrated DA-converter (basically a USB sound card)
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

15+ Year Old Account
    I ented up buying the Trust gxt 38 set. I heard them in one of the local stores and they sounded good and was just what i was looking for.

I will properly only use them once or twice a week and some weeks i will properly not even use them, because i use my Sennheiser hd 558 for the most of the time.

So for 50EU they will do fine for my needs by the Computer. For serious music listening i use my Denon/Dali setup in the livingroom.

But thanks for the input guys