Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Wealth is irrelevant since anybody who runs for president is stupidly rich, left or right.
    So what makes him "down to earth" then? His 4th grade level English? His overt racism? His solid gold toilet? I must not be seeing it.

Wealth is irrelevant since anybody who runs for president is stupidly rich, left or right.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah Obama and Clinton come off as robotic and unnatural.

Not sure why you dislike Trump so much since you swear every single post. Always comes off like you are triggered. Totally adorable.
    I dislike Trump because I am not fucking retarded. For people complaining about PC culture and SJWs, he sure is the biggest fucking SJW and thin skinned dumbass in the world. He wants to be worshipped like a fucking king and act like a dictator. It's just a good thing we have 2 other branches that keep his dumbass in check.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So what makes him "down to earth" then? His 4th grade level English? His overt racism? I must not be seeing it.
    His speaking style and how he acts. Racism is subjective.

Somebody too crisp and clean is suspicious and comes off poorly. Clinton reeked with that "robot feel". Obama didn't come off as a robot, since I will admit he was a good public speaker. But not really relate able. On the right side I didn't care for Ted Cruz either, since he felt a bit robotic. Also he was too religious which is a bit of a no no for me.

Bill Clinton seemed okay though. Don't really hold anything against him. Bush was fine too. Kind of guy you want a beer with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    I dislike Trump because I am not fucking retarded. For people complaining about PC culture and SJWs, he sure is the biggest fucking SJW and thin skinned dumbass in the world. He wants to be worshipped like a fucking king and act like a dictator. It's just a good thing we have 2 other branches that keep his dumbass in check.
    Aww, it's posting angrily again.

His speaking style and how he acts.
    So his 4th grade level English? His constant need to brag about himself? His utter disregard for facts and truth?

I don't view any of those as "down to earth".

Racism is subjective.
    No, it's not. That sounds a lot like the "cultural Marxism" y'all complain about.

Somebody too crisp and clean is suspicious and comes off poorly.
    How dare someone be eloquent, thoughtful with their words, and precise with their manner of speaking in order to ensure clarity and avoid confusion. What shady characters!

Obama didn't come off as a robot, since I will admit he was a good public speaker. But not really relate able.
    Then maybe educate yourself and expand your vocabulary. It's a pretty good thing that anyone should be doing in an effort to improve themselves.

7+ Year Old Account
    So his 4th grade level English? His constant need to brag about himself? His utter disregard for facts and truth?

I don't view any of those as "down to earth".

Then maybe educate yourself and expand your vocabulary. It's a pretty good thing that anyone should be doing in an effort to improve themselves.
    He has a flashy personality and a bit of an ego. Least he is open about it. Facts and truth are subjective again. Might sound funny but in the political world everything is tainted with bias.

And my vocabulary is fine, thanks.

His speaking style and how he acts. Racism is subjective.

Somebody too crisp and clean is suspicious and comes off poorly. Clinton reeked with that "robot feel". Obama didn't come off as a robot, since I will admit he was a good public speaker. But not really relate able. On the right side I didn't care for Ted Cruz either, since he felt a bit robotic. Also he was too religious which is a bit of a no no for me.

Bill Clinton seemed okay though. Don't really hold anything against him.

- - - Updated - - -

Aww, it's posting angrily again.
    Come back to me when you post something with some credibility. Because, you say he's down to Earth, but that fat fuck has a solid gold fucking toilet. Then you say he speaks like a common person, but his language is actually the LOWEST of the last 15 presidents at a 4th grade level. He SHOULDN'T be talking like a 4th fucking grader, he should be talking like he is a fucking educated person. For someone that went to Wharton he sure isn't showing his fucking education.

He has a flashy personality and a bit of an ego. Least he is open about it. Facts and truth are subjective again.
    He speaks at a 4th grade level, his vocabulary isn't "flashy" by any stretch. Reading transcripts of his unscripted comments makes one wonder if he actually has an even basic understanding of syntax and grammar, as he seems almost phobic of complete sentences.

Facts and truth are not subjective. You really are a "cultural Marxist" aren't you?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Come back to me
    I am having far too much fun watching you go on curse-ridden rants every topic.

- - - Updated - - -

He speaks at a 4th grade level, his vocabulary isn't "flashy" by any stretch. Reading transcripts of his unscripted comments makes one wonder if he actually has an even basic understanding of syntax and grammar, as he seems almost phobic of complete sentences.

Facts and truth are not subjective. You really are a "cultural Marxist" aren't you?
    You folks love playing games don't you?

As for the rest of the post, by flashy I mean the bragging, not the vocabulary itself.

And holy shit, his grammar is bad. World is ending.

Except, I didn't hire somebody to be an English teacher, so it's irrelevant to what I want them to do.

But since we are on politics, and knowing that we have vastly different view, then I can assume you will express viewpoints I don't agree with.
    Actually, I want to go back and address this.

Do you know who I never thought I'd find myself in agreement with? Bill Kristol. The man is fucking nuts, and ideologically about as far on the other end (except on some social issues) from me as one can get.

And do you know what? I've routinely found myself in agreement with him, and him with progressives, on specific topics over the past few years. He's still a far-right conservative and still does not want to associate himself with "leftists", but despite our ideological differences have managed to find plenty of common ground.

Because we're willing to remain open minded, because we know that just because we may be on ideologically opposite ends of the spectrum that we may still agree on a whole lot. Because at our core both hardcore old-guard conservatives (not the modern GOP and Trump wing) and hardcore progressives (and centrists!) share a common love of America and what it stands for, even if we have different views on how that ends up playing out and how to achieve those goals.

Trump and his ilk don't share that common love and understanding of America and American values. They have anger, hatred, bigotry, and ignorance fueling their movement. They don't care why Haiti is a "shithole" or that incredible Hatians have immigrated to the US and been valued, highly productive members of society. Immigrants from those "shitholes" have come to America to serve in our military, risking (and giving) their lives to keep people like you and me safe. They just see dark skinned people from "shithole" countries and fear that they're inherently "lesser" (which is totally not racist) and will somehow "steal your jobs" (if you deserved the job, you'd have it) or "mooch from the system" (last I checked legal immigrants have lower rates of using social security nets than native born US citizens), all without basis beyond ignorance and hate.

Most Americans families came from a "shithole" country at one time or another. Guess we shouldn't have ever allowed it because it's done so much harm and damage to this country.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2018-01-15 at 08:04 AM.

Not true, most Presidents are only Millionaires. Some of them also came from the Middle Class.

Donald Trump claims his wealth in about the Billions.

7+ Year Old Account

Trump and his ilk don't share that common love and understanding of America and American values. They have anger, hatred, bigotry, and ignorance fueling their movement. They don't care why Haiti is a "shithole" or that incredible Hatians have immigrated to the US and been valued, highly productive members of society. Immigrants from those "shitholes" have come to America to serve in our military, risking (and giving) their lives to keep people like you and me safe.
    Subjective.

You seem to prefer the side that always talks negative about the united states, wants to weaken it's power in the world by constantly wanting to reduce and eliminate the military, as well as support people who want to burn the American flag in the streets ( like some shithole country, incidently) and kneel during the anthem.

Your "American Values" are not the same as mine. Thus I will vote for anybody who works against your interests.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Not true, most Presidents are only Millionaires.

Donald Trump claims his wealth in about the Billions.
    Still stupidly wealthy. Unfortunate as it is, we have to accept the only people who can run for president have millions or billions. Just the way things are.

Still stupidly wealthy. Unfortunate as it is, we have to accept the only people who can run for president have millions or billions. Just the way things are.
    no not really, being a Millionaire is good but they're nothing close billions. They are an entirely different level wealth.

7+ Year Old Account
    no not really, being a Millionaire is good but they're nothing close billions. They are an entirely different level wealth.
    Still far more wealthy than either of us likely. After a million, the number becomes irrelevant.

Still far more wealthy than either of us likely. After a million, the number becomes irrelevant.
    That is not true, a Million Dollars is not a lot of money.

You seem to prefer the side that always talks negative about the united states, wants to weaken it's power in the world by constantly wanting to reduce and eliminate the military,
    And your evidence of any of that is?...

as well as support people who want to burn the American flag in the streets ( like some shithole country, incidently) and kneel during the anthem.
    Both of which are protected rights of American citizens. You approve of Trump being an asshole, why not these citizens who you find to be acting like "assholes"?

How do their actions directly harm the United States?

Your "American Values" are not the same as mine. Thus I will vote for anybody who works against your interests.
    This is literally gradeschool level thinking.

7+ Year Old Account
    And your evidence of any of that is?...

Both of which are protected rights of American citizens. You approve of Trump being an asshole, why not these citizens who you find to be acting like "assholes"?

How do their actions directly harm the United States?

This is literally gradeschool level thinking.
    Considering what you support (or at least from what I have seen on the forum), that is the evidence.

And sure, protected rights. But I prefer to express discontent with a first-world government with my vote. It doesn't matter how much I disagreed with Obama and his government the last 8 years, it never once struck me to wanting to BURN THE AMERICAN FLAG. Like, yikes.

And it keeps it simple. You vote for people who don't represent me in any shape, way, or form, thus I will always vote against them.

Maybe you can enlighten me why I would ever waste my vote on a liberal or progressive when literally none of their political viewpoints I agree with? They could be the nicest guy or gal on the planet and to ever exist, but guess what, as long as they are a democrat or worse, I won't vote for them.

And it keeps it simple. You vote for people who don't represent me in any shape, way, or form, thus I will always vote against them.
    Protest Voting, Gotcha. Have fun voting for Jill Stein or Gary Johnson.

Considering what you support (or at least from what I have seen on the forum), that is the evidence.
    Specifically what, though? Because none of those things are remotely true about what I believe. It's a rather impressive strawman, though.

And sure, protected rights. But I prefer to express discontent with a first-world government with my vote. It doesn't matter how much I disagreed with Obama and his government the last 8 years, it never once struck me to wanting to BURN THE AMERICAN FLAG. Like, yikes.
    Those are subjective value judgments, but you're still here trying to justify why things you don't like are "bad" for America, but things you do like (like insulting other countries) are "good" for America because of your feelings.

Again, this is the thinking of someone in grade school who still views the world in a binary black vs. white, and is incapable of understanding subtlety or nuance.

7+ Year Old Account
    Protest Voting, Gotcha. Have fun voting for Jill Stein or Gary Johnson.
    I wouldn't vote for those two because they have a zero chance to win.

And as much as republicans displease me, they still are closer to what I value and are a primary party, thus they get the vote.

7+ Year Old Account
    Again, this is the thinking of someone in grade school who still views the world in a binary black vs. white, and is incapable of understanding subtlety or nuance.
    Between a conservative and liberal it's very black and white to me. There is no further complicated needed if the bottom line I would never vote for a liberal still exists.