Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I'm fairly sure at least one of the exp pots got removed
    Both did, so whatever is left on the AH or in banks are it. The one from the rares was removed at the start of Legion and this last Winterveil they removed the one from the savage gifts.
    Last edited by morph4037; 2018-01-13 at 06:15 PM. Reason: clarification

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wvvtayy View Post
    Good for you. You're in the minority.
    Citation needed.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by morph4037 View Post
    Both did, so whatever is left on the AH or in banks are it. The one from the rares was removed at the start of Legion and this last Winterveil they removed the one from the savage gifts.
    Ah. Thanks for the heads-up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Define "fair".

You've got a person who likely already has a main at level cap. They're complaining that they like having MORE level capped characters, which means they probably also already have several other capped characters currently. They'll get another freebie with BfA. Allied races will get a headstart by beginning at level 20 instead of 1, cutting a bit of time off. Demon Hunters and DKs get a larger headstart at 98(100) and 55(58), respectively.

And yet somehow that's still not enough of a middle ground?
    No? I can also say that people who want to take it slow have plenty of opportunity to just do outdated quests if they want to do those and experience the story.

But you would also not call that a fair choice, I'm assuming.

Ah. Thanks for the heads-up.
    Np.

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    theres no complaint ull find valid so were done here it seems
    Not viewing your complaints as valid isn't the same thing as not seeing ANY complaints as valid.

I get it though. Blizzard is making the leveling process take longer, and you're saying "Well I still want to level the stupid-fast old way!". I can understand that, even if I don't agree. You want more level capped toons, that's EXACTLY what the level boost is for. That's EXACTLY what heirlooms are for.

What you should be arguing for, instead of a simple return to stupid-easy-one-shot-dungeon-spam leveling, is BETTER leveling options. Higher tiers of heirlooms with more and more exp bonuses. Mini-level boosts(1, 5, or 10 levels) as random drops or purchasable options. Kill-streak bonuses. Quest-streak bonuses.

The reason why I don't view your complaints as valid is because you're just stomping your feet without providing any alternatives or constructive/creative solutions. You're just saying "I don't like it".

Not viewing your complaints as valid isn't the same thing as not seeing ANY complaints as valid.

I get it though. Blizzard is making the leveling process take longer, and you're saying "Well I still want to level the stupid-fast old way!". I can understand that, even if I don't agree. You want more level capped toons, that's EXACTLY what the level boost is for. That's EXACTLY what heirlooms are for.

What you should be arguing for, instead of a simple return to stupid-easy-one-shot-dungeon-spam leveling, is BETTER leveling options. Higher tiers of heirlooms with more and more exp bonuses. Mini-level boosts(1, 5, or 10 levels) as random drops or purchasable options. Kill-streak bonuses. Quest-streak bonuses.

The reason why I don't view your complaints as valid is because you're just stomping your feet without providing any alternatives or constructive/creative solutions. You're just saying "I don't like it".
    i only use dungeons for quests (as that's all they are useful for), they should leave looms as they are the don't need to be touched yet they are nerfing them, killl streak bonuses are for fps, never heard of a quest streak bonus, i wouldn't need to even think of alternatives if they didn't nerf looms.

No? I can also say that people who want to take it slow have plenty of opportunity to just do outdated quests if they want to do those and experience the story.

But you would also not call that a fair choice, I'm assuming.
    You would assume wrong. There are actually quite a few people on the PTR who are willfully choosing to not use Heirlooms in order to have a different experience. You can sort of do this on live, but the exp and power curve are so screwed up right now that it doesn't have the same effect.

Right now not using heirlooms is an option, but not really a good one since it doesn't have the desired effect. After the patch it will, making it more of a "fair" choice. After the patch equipping a full suite of heirlooms and spamming dungeons will still be relatively fast. It just won't be as faceroll stupid-fast as it is now. Again, making it more of a "fair" choice.

And there are still the other options to speed up leveling: RaF, paid boost, Hero Classes, Power-leveling with friends. Not to mention being able to choose which areas to level in(which I'm certain SOMEONE at some point will figure out the most efficient spot).

There are layered levels of options to speed up leveling. How is that not fair?
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2018-01-13 at 06:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It pains me to see all of the delusional people who defend this.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    i only use dungeons for quests (as that's all they are useful for), they should leave looms as they are the don't need to be touched yet they are nerfing them, killl streak bonuses are for fps, never heard of a quest streak bonus, i wouldn't need to even think of alternatives if they didn't nerf looms.
    Some people like to level through grinding. Kill-streak bonuses would be something for them(they have them in Diablo 3, btw). Quest-streak would be for speed-runners.

I just threw out some different options to show that there are ways to argue for your point of view besides just saying some form of "I don't like it. They should change it back".

All I wanna know is when I'm going to get more than 50 character slots. #BlizzPlz
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Which is why you'd be wrong.
    Well one of us is certainly wrong, but it's not me. You can't tell me that after all this time, after nearly a decade of leveling content being faceroll, that they're going to nerf it for the small (five) amount of people that actually enjoy leveling. They're doing it to sell more boosts. $$$$$$$$$$$$.

Leveling serves as nothing but an obstacle to get to the actual game, so making it take longer is just a way to sell more boosts. Pretty simple really. If you want to torture yourself for heritage armor level, otherwise most normal people will probably just buy a boost instead of wasting countless hours of their time to get to the actual game.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Also you can fly in Pandaria at 80 right away = faster speed moving around.
    MOAR PROOF THEY WANT TO SELL BOOSTS! ... Wait a minute? ..... XD

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    They never said it was a discussion? It's a thread informing people about the upcoming changes lol
    Then that is all they should have left it at.
    Instead there is a not so subtle claim this is to sell boosts.

If someone wants to claim this is about selling boosts, then consider the players who whined that levelling is too easy.

Quote Originally Posted by ATZenith View Post
    It pains me to see all of the delusional people who defend this.
    So a personal attack on anyone defending this, instead of you know an actual argument.
    More of the same mentality that resorts in fanboy accusations.

Someone who wants to see it this way can see ANY difficulty increase before level cap as a reason to sell boosts.
    That does not make it true, and is not proof in any way.

Have you seen those who complained about TBC content and wanted to avoid it, and how happy some were now they actually have a choice to avoid it during levelling.
    Or those who actually wanted to complete a zone without being penalised on XP, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Well one of us is certainly wrong, but it's not me. You can't tell me that after all this time, after nearly a decade of leveling content being faceroll, that they're going to nerf it for the small (five) amount of people that actually enjoy leveling. They're doing it to sell more boosts. $$$$$$$$$$$$.

Leveling serves as nothing but an obstacle to get to the actual game, so making it take longer is just a way to sell more boosts. Pretty simple really. If you want to torture yourself for heritage armor level, otherwise most normal people will probably just buy a boost instead of wasting countless hours of their time to get to the actual game.
    People who aren't you enjoy levelling for different reasons.
    Pretty simple really that you see your view on levelling as the only one there is.
    Because that is all you want to see.

Oh boo hoo, someone enjoys content you don't.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2018-01-13 at 07:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

May i ask what kind of nerfs Looms are getting?You state that they are being nerfed but don't specify.

The exp Gain?Then thats bad.

The stats?Whatever
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    May i ask what kind of nerfs Looms are getting?You state that they are being nerfed but don't specify.

The exp Gain?Then thats bad.

The stats?Whatever
    Not the exp gain, I think. Just the stats.

- - - Updated - - -

You would assume wrong. There are actually quite a few people on the PTR who are willfully choosing to not use Heirlooms in order to have a different experience. You can sort of do this on live, but the exp and power curve are so screwed up right now that it doesn't have the same effect.

Right now not using heirlooms is an option, but not really a good one since it doesn't have the desired effect. After the patch it will, making it more of a "fair" choice. After the patch equipping a full suite of heirlooms and spamming dungeons will still be relatively fast. It just won't be as faceroll stupid-fast as it is now. Again, making it more of a "fair" choice.

And there are still the other options to speed up leveling: RaF, paid boost, Hero Classes, Power-leveling with friends. Not to mention being able to choose which areas to level in(which I'm certain SOMEONE at some point will figure out the most efficient spot).

There are layered levels of options to speed up leveling. How is that not fair?
    Having to pay just to be able to get through old content you've been through multiple times before quickly is not really a fair choice.

While it certainly will result in more boosts from lazy players... the "actual game" isn't endgame. The ENTIRE game is the actual game. The problem is they terribly mishandled the first stat squish... and screwed the entire leveling system. That and in conjunction with all the other leveling speed boosts in game contributed to a leveling speed so fast the spending even 3 hours leveling was a waste.

NOW it will be part of the game again... taking more time, allowing people to learn the class they are leveling, to inhale some of the story and lore, you know..
    PLAY the damn game.

Look at Classic... you spent a LOT of time leveling... and it was and IS fun. Which is why they are even releasing it again. People WANT that.

As far as I am concerned... "endgame" is thrash anymore. Gone is the excitment of raiding black temple, kara, Ulduar and Icecrown. Now it's just 4 difficulties of garbage.

I am having much more fun leveling toons on a TBC server than I did play live... they have lost SOOOO much more money from people leaving game over having a ruined leveling experience.

Those of you arguing about it taking so much longer really haven't played PTR... it's still horse piss easy and much faster than before due to the built in quest helper.

Happy to spend hours upon hours leveling alts. But not happy to speed things up with a level boost for less absolute time spent by earning more money in real life?
    This is always a bad argument. People play WoW in their leisure time which is not paid. Time spent after work playing WoW is not time you could be spending at work. And once you've paid the bills you have to decide the best way to divvy up your disposable income, which will vary massively depending on circumstances. Even if someone can comfortably afford the £50 for a boost it still might not be considered a reasonable expense when you consider £50 can get you at least one brand new game, probably two if you play on PC.

How anyone would ever think this is anything but a way to sell more boosts is beyond me. Making something more tedious when there is a paid option to skip it entirely? Yeah.
    Solid reasoning man. Well, apart from anyone that actually tried leveling on the PTR has reported net leveling time is reduced, and more fun at the same time.
    But please, buy boosts. You're making Azeroth a better place.

Not the exp gain, I think. Just the stats.

- - - Updated - - -

Having to pay just to be able to get through old content you've been through multiple times before quickly is not really a fair choice.
    Except you don't HAVE to pay for anything. You don't HAVE to re-do it and all. You're choosing to. And Blizzard makes that easier by providing heirlooms, hero classes, RaF, and a free boosts with the expansion.

And you're sitting here saying "Not good enough!" despite already having taken advantage of this "multiple times"already.

You have several options to speed up leveling, or skip it entirely! You just don't like them.

Except you don't HAVE to pay for anything. You don't HAVE to re-do it and all. You're choosing to. And Blizzard makes that easier by providing heirlooms, hero classes, RaF, and a free boosts with the expansion.

And you're sitting here saying "Not good enough!" despite already having taken advantage of this "multiple times"already.

You have several options to speed up leveling, or skip it entirely! You just don't like them.
    1-120 is still a slog without paying for now-removed heavily overpriced exp pot.

When is something gonna be done about that? We need at least an optional level squish, because we're at 120 now, and I doubt BfA will be the last expansion to raise the level cap.