Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    I'll come to you and cut your hat off, see how that feels for you.
    You should cut his hair without him knowing, it's only Harassment.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    Can't argue, I really wouldn't know.

We are talking about an 11 year old girl here, she wears what her parents tell her to wear. If you have had any experience with children you would know that what they want above all else is to fit in and belong. Making your child wear a hijab in the West where an overwhelming majority of children are not is just cruel. You won't convince me that if the girl was given the choice without repercussion she wouldn't just throw the hijab in the bin.

- - - Updated - - -

It isn't about me, I didn't pick anything. If the hijab isn't a symbol of oppression why is it the first thing the women burn once they have been liberated from ISIS or the Taliban?
    because people have different views about things and some people who have been under terrorist organisations might view it differently then some one living in a free country who can chose to wear it or not.

Do you make your daughters wear the hijab? If you don't then i guess you are not the parents of that girl.
    Snowflake much?

Forcing people to wear what YOU deem is appropriate clothes? I like Boobies as much as the next dude, if men can be half naked on the top then so can females. It's only Logical.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2018-01-13 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    an 11 year old girl shouldn't be wearing one. indoctrination of a child should be illegal.
    You would have to ban religion first. Until then, every single child undergoes indoctrination in a religious household.

- - - Updated - - -

Secondly, yes the Left are hypocrites. And if Muslims were truly moderate they would let their women wear whatever the fuck they want.
    Are you trying to argue that she shouldn't be allowed to wear a hijab or that she shouldn't be forced to wear one?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was she attacked again afterwards for not wearing a hijab?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gombado View Post
    I love when religious people argue among eachother whose fantasy cult is the worst -completely oblivious of the muck around them.

And yeah, it is out of the realm of possibility. We do very few things by choice, and wearing culturally appropriate clothing -especially hindering ones or ones that make you look like a village clown-. I mean, how often have you worn a headscarf taqiyah or hijsb? Whatever those might be.
    Are you implying that taqiyahs and hijabs are hindering? As taqiyah is akin to a hat, skull cap, dew rag, etc. A hijab is akin to a scarf and various head wrappings...Yeah and Ive walked around in various skull caps/scarves. Not a Muslim, dont live in the Middle East.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    that she shouldn't be forced to wear one?
    No woman would ever put that shit on on her own will.

So there should be a positive discrimination to stop them wearing those.

If that discrimination comes in the form of the peer pressure, that is OK.
    If your peers beat you up for your being a jerk that is OK too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Snowflake much?

Forcing people to wear what YOU deem is appropriate clothes? I like Boobies as much as the next dude, if men can be half naked on the top then so can females. It's only Logical.
    But apparently when women choose not be go around half naked its because they're oppressed? Having the freedom of choice doesnt just mean choices you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Was she attacked again afterwards for not wearing a hijab?
    ROFL, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post

Take a look at this oppression because no woman would ever cover her hair...

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Are you trying to argue that she shouldn't be allowed to wear a hijab or that she shouldn't be forced to wear one?
    Women everywhere wear head scarfs all the time. Good for keeping your head warm apparently. So is wearing a beanie. The issue isn't what clothing should be banned but what is acceptable for the person wearing it. My point is an 11 yo girl doesn't get to choose to wear the hijab, her parents would make that decision.

Now the broader issue is, is this symbol of misogyny and female subjugation really an acceptable garb for little girls to be wearing in the West? If I dressed my son in a Nazi uniform would people stridently defend my right to do so on the OT forum?

7+ Year Old Account

So you have fed your self so much any Muslim bull crap that you can’t comprehend that people might like different things and want to wear different things then you, Sad really.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2018-01-13 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gombado View Post
    Yeah yeah everyone is a snowflake with their own unique personality.

Uff, how tiresome.

Can’t assume or deduce anything based on logic as it’s all about what an 11 year old feels and chooses. I wonder, do you have the same approach to 4 year olds wearing religious clothing? Because i read thats about when it starts.

You ought to be a comedian.
    Just because you're a walking stereotype doesn't mean everyone else is.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Take a look at this oppression because no woman would ever cover her hair...
    ....and just to prove my point that some people don't understand the issue.

7+ Year Old Account
    Women everywhere wear head scarfs all the time. Good for keeping your head warm apparently. So is wearing a beanie. The issue isn't what clothing should be banned but what is acceptable for the person wearing it. My point is an 11 yo girl doesn't get to choose to wear the hijab, her parents would make that decision.

Now the broader issue is, is this symbol of misogyny and female subjugation really an acceptable garb for little girls to be wearing in the West? If I dressed my son in a Nazi uniform would people stridently defend my right to do so on the OT forum?
    It’s clearly not a symbol of misogyny to many people so what you see it as a symbol of doesn’t matter in the slightest.

And ya I’d be fine with a nazi uniform things looked dope.

The woman-understander has logged on.

Interesting. What are you thoughts on anti-fascism?
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

10+ Year Old Account

how can you be so sure? i have never asked my wife to do or not do it. hell not even on any other clothes that she wears.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    i am not going to get into the religious war. but i mean to ask you. If I and many other men around me that practice islam (father, father in law, brother, brother in law) do not ask why our wives ever wear hijab or why they dont, what does that make us?
    Let me ask you this, if wearing things like the hijab isn't considered to be a religious need, and you know that children pick on everything that is different. Why on earth would a parent choose to have their child wear religious clothing to a school? No, im not claiming that what this guy did was acceptable in any form, but that doesn't take away the fact that these parents basically set their child up to have a rough time growing up and in school.

What that makes you is a liberal Muslim i suppose!? I mean, there are people running around doing some very objectively bad stuff in the name of your religion, you can argue about that this is not being part of your religion but some weird offshoot of it. But then i'd have to point out that it is you who should be more angry about them doing this stuff, as they are abusing your religion at that point.

Its a strange can of worms to open, as religion is based on a system of beliefs, and people can belief some strange shit. Ultimately i think that if you belief that your religion is a force of good then you should actively weed out the parts that you belief should not be in your religion. If you are not actively pointing out and condemning the bad practices that are done in the name of your religion then you are condoning that behavior done in the name of your religion and are part of that behavior. Saying that it is something you do not agree with and just let it be isn't enough, as you choose to be part of that religion those bad things done are, rightfully so, being reflected on you.

....and just to prove my point that some people don't understand the issue.
    the issue? That you hate Muslims, Islam?

- - - Updated - - -

Nazi is not a religion.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2018-01-13 at 09:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    Let me ask you this, if wearing things like the hijab isn't considered to be a religious need, and you know that children pick on everything that is different. Why on earth would a parent choose to have their child wear religious clothing to a school? No, im not claiming that what this guy did was acceptable in any form, but that doesn't take away the fact that these parents basically set their child up to have a rough time growing up and in school.

What that makes you is a liberal Muslim i suppose!? I mean, there are people running around doing some very objectively bad stuff in the name of your religion, you can argue about that this is not being part of your religion but some weird offshoot of it. But then i'd have to point out that it is you who should be more angry about them doing this stuff, as they are abusing your religion at that point.

Its a strange can of worms to open, as religion is based on a system of beliefs, and people can belief some strange shit. Ultimately i think that if you belief that your religion is a force of good then you should actively weed out the parts that you belief should not be in your religion. If you are not actively pointing out and condemning the bad practices that are done in the name of your religion then you are condoning that behavior done in the name of your religion and are part of that behavior. Saying that it is something you do not agree with and just let it be isn't enough, as you choose to be part of that religion those bad things done are, rightfully so, being reflected on you.
    It is a religious need but it is not meant to be enforced as in no one can tell a woman to do so. Now of course a mother will tell her daughter to do so, but as the daughter grows up and decides not to then thats her call (that is what happened with my sister. Mom told her, not initially but later, she did for a bit, then decided it was not for her and that was that, no one held her up for it or anything). Some children continue on some dont. Its pretty variable. I can totally agree that yes this makes it tough but that level of refinement is not easy on families, because there are tons of variables.

See thats the thing. I dont see myself as a liberal muslim or anything at all. I was born in a muslim family but I read (thankfully I was given amazing parents) and just conduct myself as per, with one rule. This is my choice, and i cannot ever enforce it upon someone.

Trust me, there are tons and tons of muslims who do not agree with any of the extremists. You remember the terrorist attack in london? Imams (prayer leaders in the mosque) refused to do his Janazah (funeral prayers) in condemnation of his acts. Shiekh Hamza Yusuf and many others openly condemn extremisim and teach moderation but they are drowned out by all the crap happening in the mid east or the media. Honestly half the time we spend explaining how we are different when we just want to get on with our life. Or explaining how not to be afraid of us we are not like them. It is a wierd feeling, apologizing for some idiots actions an ocean and a few continents away. There is condemnation and teaching. Many friday prayers (its like Sunday church service for muslims) the sermons teach on family values and how to be good for society, rather than just the religious laws. Because the Imams see the need for those teachings as more and more extremism happens and lines are being drawn.

But there is a point where education needs to play a part too. Many people (not saying you) in this thread have posted opinions without reading or educating themselves at all. At one point the other side also has to see and educate themselves to help weeding the extremists out, otherwise the conversation will always be steered into a lot of "its not us, its them, we arent like them". For example, if some guy attacks a mosque in the name of Christ or does what Dylan Roof did, an educated person would immediately understand that this is not reflective of the people in America, this is not reflective of Christians. Which is why in my initial post in this thread I mentioned "It is important to educate ourselves so idiots like this guy can be easily tracked and put away". In this case the idiot is the guy who attacked an 11 year old. Id be just as pissed if she had no hijab on or was from a different religion or no religion at all. Its just a child. By educating ourselves, we can see where people are lying and where the truth is and thus easily spot the people commiting cowardly acts.

edit: it does become a can of worms because its supposed to be an intimate thing. but unfortunately over the course of human history we have never done that. we project, judge and condemn, many times wrongly.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)