Thread: will you wait ?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

will you wait ?

before making your first character ?

like 1-2month after, until the curious peoples have enough and leave the server ?

what i mean is will you wait a few months before making a first serious character ?

...because i really think the first 2 month will be full of trolls and curious people who will certainly go back to the full game when they will have enough

And why would it stop me from playing the game seriously and having fun again?

I want to play tbc and every other expansion when live gets boring so ill just find farming spots or something and just afk farm while doing other shit in the background.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Deleted
    Ohhh I wil be there when the servers launch. Tbh it will be a complete shitshow and I'll be super frustrated because so many people try to level at the same time. I'll need 5h to get a few quests done, but meeting so many people is also a lot of fun. My guess is: 50% of the retail crowd will just leave after a few hours played. many of them just want to see what classic is and because there isnt much to do in retail anyways. So the initial hype will die down fast. I doubt any of the gogogo kids would play longer than 1 or 2 days.

Did you wait 2 months to play the new expansions? No?

There's your answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Why would you have to wait because others are trolling? Why not just go full balls out on your main from the start, and not care about what others do?
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

for experience fun i mean, i was wondering if i should wait a better and stable community or play from day 1 and having to deal with a lots of obvious trolls that will spam the game in the first months

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    for experience fun i mean, i was wondering if i should wait a better and stable community or play from day 1 and having to deal with a lots of obvious trolls that will spam the game in the first months
    What are you calling a "troll" in this context? Because there will most assuredly be some sort of financial barrier to entry. It won't be free, this is Blizzard we're talking about. You'll find the amount of people willing to pay money just to "troll" is rather quite low.

I'll be there day one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    Did you wait 2 months to play the new expansions? No?

There's your answer.
    Did you knew everything before playing new expansions? That's the case with classic.

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    before making your first character ?

like 1-2month after, until the curious peoples have enough and leave the server ?

what i mean is will you wait a few months before making a first serious character ?

...because i really think the first 2 month will be full of trolls and curious people who will certainly go back to the full game when they will have enough
    Yea, i am absolutely waiting 2 months to enjoy the game i like and have been waiting for years, because of trolls... MAKES TOTAL SENSE. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Valium104 View Post
    Did you knew everything before playing new expansions? That's the case with classic.
    Knew loads, Because beta's exist you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    The only reason I can see waiting is due to a bunch of people starting together, so quest mobs and such will be sparse and tagged quickly.
    Remember, back then, there was no multi-tag or anything.
    First come, first served, the rest wait on respawn timers and hope.

I can understand someone sitting out and letting the mad rush get ahead of them, but otherwise, not really sure wher OP is trying to get with this.

15+ Year Old Account
    I feel like the OP doesn't realize how far back 1-2 months will set you on a classic server.

Presuming the rate of xp is the original rate, 1-2 months is gonna feel like a lot longer.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Deleted
    Again with this "Trolls that will ruin the game". What the hell does it even mean. Stealing mob? Writing in chat?

PLEASE answer me. How someone can ruin the game. I can only think about gankers and campers. Nothing else really.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll probably try it out. If it's terrible then I will wait.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    Again with this "Trolls that will ruin the game". What the hell does it even mean. Stealing mob? Writing in chat?

PLEASE answer me. How someone can ruin the game. I can only think about gankers and campers. Nothing else really.
    LOL then be prepared to find out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    I'll probably try it out. If it's terrible then I will wait.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL then be prepared to find out.
    Sorry i won't. Will not play Classic.

If someone can please answer me.

nope, gonna try to start day 1 to get a jump on the AQ quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    Sorry i won't. Will not play Classic.

If someone can please answer me.
    Tagging important quest mobs which prevent you from finishing a quest. 20 people waiting to pick one item up off the ground that has a 5 minute respawn rate. Just a couple examples of how bad it will suck at launch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    Tagging important quest mobs which prevent you from finishing a quest. 20 people waiting to pick one item up off the ground that has a 5 minute respawn rate. Just a couple examples of how bad it will suck at launch.
    Ok, but this is exactly what happened in Vanilla, TBC, WoTLK etc etc until latest expac. Why people are so worried about natural things that happen in a MMORPG? Especially in a old tag and loot sistem like Vanilla? I tought it was part or the "flavor" of the magnificent social experience blah blah blah.....

All the thing you listed can be both trolling and normal stuff that happen when server is a bit full.

Why you Classic lovers have this fears?