Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    So are you just making shit up now? Nost didn't die because people got bored. Nost went offline because Blizzard sent them a cease and desist. In fact, Nostalrius had a massive population.

Then there's the case of Elysium where the Nostalrius staff pulled out and the server ultimately died because it was run by corrupt admins, but please go on and just make shit up to support your weak ass argument.
    Oh boy Nost pvp continued living in Ely pvp with its 12k players, and it went dropping pop progressively as of AQ patch till it died out in Naxx.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Or corpse camping. And the noticing when they take res sickness, then camping them at a gy, thats griefing.
    Corpse camping is very easy to escape: log another character and do something else halfway across the world. I like the thought that now I'm wasting their time while they wait for me to rez.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Corpse camping is very easy to escape: log another character and do something else halfway across the world. I like the thought that now I'm wasting their time while they wait for me to rez.

except you arnt

because a logged out dead body looks different then a dead body from a player that is still online on that char/ hasn't ressed

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    It's not gonna be 100% classic anyway, it's actually impossible. Sharding tech will definitely be implemented for launch, battle.net functions will obviously be there and you're bound to see a lot of changes in the backend as well.

But the game itself will basically be the same, which is the most important part. It having social features from bnet and server sharding to not crash the servers won't really affect you in any way except you don't have to wait for hours to get out of the starter zones.

Quote Originally Posted by osmo View Post
    except you arnt

because a logged out dead body looks different then a dead body from a player that is still online on that char/ hasn't ressed
    I defer to your expertise. I never had time for that kind of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by duannyboy View Post
    How can you sit there and post your disengenous little threads about how "changes mean that it's not Classic anymore and that's what you asked for /trollface" and my personal favourite "but think of the poor people who signed the petition, this should be about them, not us"

The first one I kind of understand now. People have been telling you "retailers" that your version of the game is shit for a long time now. So you have the attitude that, well if Vanilla was so great let's see it as it was. What you don't understand is that everyone who played vanilla knows that even a 100% copy will be miles better than retail, it's just that changes will make it better still.

The second is just clutching at straws under the false pretenses of a moral highground. Supporting purists as if they are an endangered species purely because you want Classic to fail.
    Ad someone who genuinely dislikes Legion, it's still better than Vanilla. Vanilla was awesome because it was new, but there were some glaringly obvious issues with it that have been improved over the past decade of development. Yes it will be fun for a while, but it's not going to be better than retail. Also, you're a neckbeard.

neckbeard
    Talkative, self-important nerdy men (usually age 30 and up) who, through an inability to properly decode social cues, mistake others' strained tolerance of their blather for evidence of their own charm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okard View Post
    they took out chill of the throne, if you havent looked. Youre going to do 30% less than youre used to.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    It's not gonna be 100% classic anyway, it's actually impossible. Sharding tech will definitely be implemented for launch, battle.net functions will obviously be there and you're bound to see a lot of changes in the backend as well.

But the game itself will basically be the same, which is the most important part. It having social features from bnet and server sharding to not crash the servers won't really affect you in any way except you don't have to wait for hours to get out of the starter zones.
    Sharding would be pretty bad for Classic in general, so it should not be implemented. the bnet functions have been mostly accepted and it at least wouldn't have much impact on the game as a whole anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    Sharding would be pretty bad for Classic in general, so it should not be implemented. the bnet functions have been mostly accepted and it at least wouldn't have much impact on the game as a whole anyways.
    It will be implemented for launch, that much is set in stone I'm pretty sure. Even today's servers can't handle thousands upon thousands of players in one zone, and it's safe to say it'll gather millions of players the first day.

So it has to be implemented for launch.

After playing Legion for the last week or so (yes, I bought a month), its not terrible, but its certainly not what it used to be. I can see where people complain about boredom and doing the same thing over and over (im already bored). It lacks from the original formula that kept people hooked, its certainly better than WoD however. Regardless of what version of classic we get, its going to be interesting to see how it goes off.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    It will be implemented for launch, that much is set in stone I'm pretty sure. Even today's servers can't handle thousands upon thousands of players in one zone, and it's safe to say it'll gather millions of players the first day.

So it has to be implemented for launch.
    naw it can be solved with server queues like they do for launches on populated servers.

Quote Originally Posted by arucado View Post
    who cares about classic anymore, we got well fed up from Nost/Lightbringer.

Vanilla ends in Naxx, and everyone will get bored before that and servers will die like just happened with nost.

Look into the future, looking into the past will only project a dull stamp to a wall.

gl leveling 1-60 in the old zones again, and farming MC 6months again, to get the same gear again.
    Nost servers died because they were sent a C&D letter, not because people got bored. The population was steadily increasing up to that point, and there was no evidence that it was slowing down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodd View Post
    Nost servers died because they were sent a C&D letter, not because people got bored. The population was steadily increasing up to that point, and there was no evidence that it was slowing down.
    Nost became Anathema pvp, and it went from 8k online to 1k in AQ patch, get informed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by duannyboy View Post
    How can you sit there and post your disengenous little threads about how "changes mean that it's not Classic anymore and that's what you asked for /trollface" and my personal favourite "but think of the poor people who signed the petition, this should be about them, not us"

The first one I kind of understand now. People have been telling you "retailers" that your version of the game is shit for a long time now. So you have the attitude that, well if Vanilla was so great let's see it as it was. What you don't understand is that everyone who played vanilla knows that even a 100% copy will be miles better than retail, it's just that changes will make it better still.

The second is just clutching at straws under the false pretenses of a moral highground. Supporting purists as if they are an endangered species purely because you want Classic to fail.
    So you are basically Retailer nr: 3893748923742384723 trying to pretend he wants classic but he actually wants stupid changes to classic

When Rorcanna is the voice of reason in a classic thread you know you really lost it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nost became Anathema pvp, and it went from 8k online to 1k in AQ patch, get informed.
    You forgot to mention it was due to countless dramas from Elysium owners and not the AQ patch but nice try

Yeah, I just want to experience the old zones in exploration. I used to stalk around Stonetalon Mountains a lot. Miss it. Fuckin' goblins and war ruined it.

I give Wow Classic and its related online forums no longer than a year before it turns into the most obnoxious, retarded, whine-and-bitch infested shithole conceivable. Much worse than "real" WoW. Just wait.

At some point, usually if you have cleared Molten Core, you will start to stay AFK in your capital and wait for the next raid. This is vanilla.

The old way to R14 should not be attractive enough to get experienced anymore. It's an insane time investment.
    Last edited by Millyraynge; 2018-02-09 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Millyraynge View Post
    At some point, usually if you have cleared Molten Core, you will start to stay AFK in your capital and wait for the next raid. This is vanilla.
    That's not vanilla. In vanilla you spend all your offtime to farm gold and/or consumes inbetween raids. Only if you're completely economically independent do you have the luxury of sitting on your ass all week, or if you don't actually raid or pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskra View Post
    That's not vanilla. In vanilla you spend all your offtime to farm gold and/or consumes inbetween raids. Only if you're completely economically independent do you have the luxury of sitting on your ass all week, or if you don't actually raid or pvp.
    You dont need to farm all the time. With correct farm management you can farm enough consumables for some weeks in a single session. Just farm high valued stuff and sell it. Farming consumables by yourself is actually quite inefficient, especially as a prime-timer. If you do it properly you can even manage to get 2k gold before level 60. I did that in 2k6 twice, pushed 2 twinks the same way and got 1k + epic mount per alt.
    Last edited by Millyraynge; 2018-02-09 at 06:51 PM.

I am pretty well informed as I played from the very day Nost launched all the way through the Elysium drama. Your post proves my point as the population tanked when it switched from Nostalrius to Elysium, long before the name "Anathema" was even part of this entire project.