Page 1 of 24
... LastLast
    Deleted

Nightborne reasons are ridiculous.

So they don't thank the Alliance at all for their help nor do they wish to join them all because Tyrande was cautious with them? Completely disregarding the fact that they might be able to have great bonds with other races in the Alliance, they decide to join the Horde which is full of goblins, undead, orcs and trolls. The latter hate elves.
    And that's somehow a BETTER choice than Tyrande's cautionary approach to them? It's so, so ridiculous. Dignity? Yeah good look having dignity in the Horde, Azeroth's rejects.

The Nightborne then call the Alliance stagnant. STAGNANT? What's stagnant about it? Sounds to me like Tyrande is completely right in being wary of the Nightborne, who seem to imply they want to seek power at any cost once more. And they call TYRANDE too proud! Holy smokes, the irony going on here!

Deleted
    Here we go again...

7+ Year Old Account
    Seems right to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    So they don't thank the Alliance at all for their help nor do they wish to join them all because Tyrande was cautious with them? Completely disregarding the fact that they might be able to have great bonds with other races in the Alliance, they decide to join the Horde which is full of goblins, undead, orcs and trolls. The latter hate elves.
    And that's somehow a BETTER choice than Tyrande's cautionary approach to them? It's so, so ridiculous. Dignity? Yeah good look having dignity in the Horde, Azeroth's rejects.

The Nightborne then call the Alliance stagnant. STAGNANT? What's stagnant about it? Sounds to me like Tyrande is completely right in being wary of the Nightborne, who seem to imply they want to seek power at any cost once more. And they call TYRANDE too proud! Holy smokes, the irony going on here!
    Don't use logic. It'll fail.

Tyrande's attitude towards the nightborne being borderline hostile could have had something to do with it.

I loved reading the intro there. The reasons given for joining the Horde are called 'Not-Good', yet they make perfect sense within the context of the story. And the only reason against would be the Forsaken as Nightborne never came into conflict with Trolls(and given that BEs did and they made it work you'd think Nightborne would suck it up and be alright with Forsaken who didn't wage endless wars with them, but whatevs).

As someone who likes both factions for reasons... Nightborne joining Alliance would really not make much sense over Horde given everything we saw play out with them in Legion. They are far more like the Blood Elves and have also suffered through addiction in a matter very similar to the Blood Elves. I actually thought their story paralels were really cool and hope that we see a lot more interaction between the Blood Elves and Nightborne in BfA

Edit: But then again this isn't really about discussion right haha, I got baited too :P Just my opinions on it

i am going to spell it out for you slowly.
    Night elves lost their identity while being in the alliance.
    Blood elves kept their identity while being in the horde.
    Nightborne want to join the world while keeping their identity.
    so they pick horde. the end.

now enjoy your bastard void elves.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    As another person pointed out in another threat. Tyrande and the Alliance basically ghosted the Nightborne, foreign policy 101 means you don't fucking do that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Don't use logic. It'll fail.
    I'd like to see your "logic," because if you actually use logic you will see why they joined the Horde.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

A) you can have them.
    B) yeah the whole "lawful good" shit is pretty fucking boring.

i see it more like they joined the blood elves who just happens to be part of the horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashrynn View Post
    I loved reading the intro there. The reasons given for joining the Horde are called 'Not-Good', yet they make perfect sense within the context of the story. And the only reason against would be the Forsaken as Nightborne never came into conflict with Trolls(and given that BEs did and they made it work you'd think Nightborne would suck it up and be alright with Forsaken who didn't wage endless wars with them, but whatevs).

As someone who likes both factions for reasons... Nightborne joining Alliance would really not make much sense over Horde given everything we saw play out with them in Legion. They are far more like the Blood Elves and have also suffered through addiction in a matter very similar to the Blood Elves. I actually thought their story paralels were really cool and hope that we see a lot more interaction between the Blood Elves and Nightborne in BfA

Edit: But then again this isn't really about discussion right haha, I got baited too :P Just my opinions on it
    Nightborn not coming into contact with trolls -what-?

Night Elves fought trolls on an almost consistent basis. They were the only fundamental enemy of the Night Elven Empire beyond the Legion and the Old God minions. There is absolutely no way Suramar forgets about the Zandalari and their savagery except for when the 'greater plot' needs for them.

Considering Blood Elves got over their mana problems by replacing it with a Light addiction, Nightborne replacing their arcane addiction with nature falls right in line with Night Elves more... But hey, that's just logic thinking.

Obviously the reason the Nightborne don't join the Alliance is because of the personal tiff Tyrande has with, as she puts it, 'lesser Elves'. If it wasn't for her shitty character being shoved down everyone's throat for 10,000 years while she continues to be useless at her only job, maybe Nelves could have developed Paladins despite having distinct Priest and Warrior orders. But hey, I guess that's the Alliance's theme now: Cultural stagnation.

I will frankly get a raging erection of Sylvannas kills Tyrande at Teldrassil. The only redeeming quality for Sylvannas is if she ends her equally stupid counterpart.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its 2k18 now, people need to stop whining about Nighborne.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Don't fret OP, junkies seem more like a job for azeroth's outcasts anyways
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Even though the reasons are shit its time to move on ffs

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    A) you can have them.
    B) yeah the whole "lawful good" shit is pretty fucking boring.
    If it was even 'lawful good' it'd be at the very least bearable. No, the Alliance's theme is now stagnation and the Horde is now chaos. The Alliance fundamentally only reacts to everything the Horde has ever done. Their ability to be proactive has never, ever been demonstrated, which is exactly what happens when your culture stagnates.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    It has more to do with Blood Elves having a way more common bond/history/addiction in terms of Sunwell/Nightwell, Wretched/Withered, and less due to Tyrande.

But of course OP doesn't mention Blood Elves at all and Horde are Elf-haters?

We also got an Elf Warchief with Sylvanas!

Silgryn/Liadrin dialog explained a lot even in 7.3, before Blizzcon.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-01-04 at 11:12 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    I'd like to see your "logic," because if you actually use logic you will see why they joined the Horde.
    I see the logic in the OP. Tyrande was a little bit careful with the Nightborn, so they'd rather join the faction with a number of races that outright hates Elves. Seriously, where do you think Elves are gonna be more welcomed, among the races of the Alliance or of the Horde? Hell, the Horde has the Forsaken and they hate all living. The Horde is a joke faction really.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    I see the logic in the OP. Tyrande was a little bit careful with the Nightborn, so they'd rather join the faction with a number of races that outright hates Elves. Seriously, where do you think Elves are gonna be more welcomed, among the races of the Alliance or of the Horde? Hell, the Horde has the Forsaken and they hate all living. The Horde is a joke faction really.
    none of the Horde races outright hate elves. It's laughable that you would even try to say that.

If the forsaken were like you described, they wouldn't have been allowed to stay in the Horde.

The Horde kept contact with the Nightborne, and were actually insistent on helping them, so by the progression of the story, the Nightborne feel more welcome in the Horde. The Alliance on the other hand simply vanished, Tyrande offered only suspicion. You'd be lying if you said the Nightborne would look upon the Alliance as favorably as they did the Horde because of these reasons.

Op's rant comes off as screeching because they didn't actually stop to think, you're doing it too.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2018-01-04 at 11:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol