The word "elitist" should be treated as an insult and banned on forums.

e·lit·ist
    [əˈlēdəst, āˈlēdəst]
    ADJECTIVE
    relating to or supporting the view that a society or system should be led by an elite:
    "older men with an elitist attitude about music" · [more]
    NOUN
    a person who believes that a society or system should be led by an elite:
    "critics portray him as an out-of-touch elitist"
    Some people are just using the wrong word to flame other people.

Man, could you imagine if they actually banned people for insults here? Would be a vastly different landscape.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

7+ Year Old Account
    Words can mean very different things depending on context/norms/communities. In WoW terms, and elitist could be said to be someone who demands absolute perfection and anything less is laughable, or at least that is a nice way of putting it. If this word was banned then "Trolling/Troll" should be banned also because people legitimately think not agreeing with their opinion on a forum = trolling.

Sounds like something an elitist would say.

10+ Year Old Account
    This would be huge.

If true.

Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

I feel like this might be a poke at Theramore's thread but I might also just be reading too much in to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Man, could you imagine if they actually banned people for insults here? Would be a vastly different landscape.
    I openly called someone a fucking idiot in a thread about bullying, a person that said its harmless, and got banned for a while.

(not saying that to discuss moderation, but as a confirmation that you can get banned for insults)
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

15+ Year Old Account
    I call myself an elitist, am i insulting myself then?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    So thoughts police u ment ?.u ever c the movie?
    1982 orwel

elitist
    1. A person who believes that they are superior to others (and thus deserve favored status) because of their intellect, social status, wealth, or other factors

There is a reason colloquialism is in the dictionary

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a constructive thread and so will be closed. We encourage site users to be respectful to one another. Insults are pointless. Nonetheless we're not about to go about banning the use of words like 'elitist' so that's that. Context matters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Flaming is against the rules and in the worst cases people are banned for it every day.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."