Thread: T21 2pc proc

T21 2pc proc

Anyone know of a way to track the procs on the T21 2pc?

What do you mean by that, exactly? If you are tracking DoT durations, you'll see it, won't you? And it's not like it actually influences your gameplay decisions in meaningful ways, given how random and short it is. In general, you should focus on tracking things that actually change your behavior; everything else just... happens.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apluscarp View Post
    Anyone know of a way to track the procs on the T21 2pc?
    As bio said you dont need to track it, it just happens.

What you do need to track however is the 4p, as with T21 your shard generation is much much lower than T20 in terms of what you can afford to spend on UA. Meaning you must be much more frugal with spending shards and reap. It is more important to maintain the 4p modifier with contagion and reap up as generally you can only really afford to cast one UA for a drain cycle when playing MG as two will often shard starve you, and if you cant cast UA thats a straight 30% damage loss from dropping the 4p and contagion. Often the 2p will proc and extend your UA, following the t20 mantra you would continue to drain that off but this will make the 4p drop so you clip your drain cycle and refresh the 4p as its more important with reap running. The only time you would want to drain that extra UA 2p proc off is if you have no reap stacks because of bad RNG, but if you are spending wisely that should be a rare occurrence ergo for the majority of the time just ignore the 2p procs as its just free damage.

It's also worth noting that while you're not tracking the 2p21 effect per se, its mere existence already changes what you do. This includes the things outlined above regarding the 4p21 bonus, but the 2p21 also means you want to pretty much always have a UA on the target so it can, you know, actually happen. Lower UA cycles are very real, but the nature of many fights in Antorus does tend to provide a lot of shards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    It's also worth noting that while you're not tracking the 2p21 effect per se, its mere existence already changes what you do. This includes the things outlined above regarding the 4p21 bonus, but the 2p21 also means you want to pretty much always have a UA on the target so it can, you know, actually happen. Lower UA cycles are very real, but the nature of many fights in Antorus does tend to provide a lot of shards.
    Agreed, was talking purely single target, the other fights where you are running WiA it is more about banking shards and pumping them into procs like concordance/norgannons, if you are running it and wrath stacks. This makes the 2p amazing since if you have 5 ua's up and the 2p procs thats pretty much the equivalent of a fatal echoes proc which can be huge as you are doing that with procs.

Incidentally are have you tried certain bosses with the cloak, i'm seeing alot more damage than sims predict due to the uptime bridging those gaps where you have bad reap rng? Maybe i have bad luck or stat itemisation(crit/vers on bracers etc) but all my highest parses have been with the cloak so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Osanger View Post
    Incidentally are have you tried certain bosses with the cloak, i'm seeing alot more damage than sims predict due to the uptime bridging those gaps where you have bad reap rng? Maybe i have bad luck or stat itemisation(crit/vers on bracers etc) but all my highest parses have been with the cloak so far.
    Don't use sims to "predict damage". They're not very useful as models of real fights in terms of absolute numbers. Sims are used as relative comparisons, to provide a testing environment that's as objective as possible when it comes to the performance of components (gear, talents etc.) relative to each other. Anything outside of that, and sim accuracy drops off dramatically.

While I wouldn't claim it's downright impossible for Cloak to outperform other legendaries in certain setups, it does seem dubious to me that it would. Do you have any sim data available for your setup's legendary comparisons? How does the Cloak fare there?

Unfortunately personal logs are subject to a number of distorting factors. Since legendaries for Affliction can be fairly close in value, it's very likely that other factors introduce a variance large enough to drown out the differences - i.e. you could perform better on a given fight with a worse legendary, simply because of other RNG factors like fortuitous proc alignment or luck with fight mechanics etc. If you parse higher with a different legendary, it may simply be due to you not getting hit by the boss' random mechanic forcing you to move, or trinket procs chaining during SH, or whatever else, rather than the actual legendary choice. That's part of the reason people fall back on sim data, it's just a better representation of the expected average.