Poll: Gnome Shaman or Druid or both?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard should just remove all racial class restrictions, no matter how retarded the combination is. Lore in WoW is already an irrecoverable clusterfuck, so no need to protect it at the cost of gameplay.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Ion said in the last (I think last) Q&A that full class/race homogenisation will never happen
    Thank god.

I'm against it, it's already bad that goats and gobbos are shamans :/ I look at Shaman Order Hall with disgust. Once Horde exclusive class is dominated by alliance races... like what the ook?

It's like making paladin order hall being run by Tauren.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

People will argue against it but every class in this game is a learnable class. With the amount of time the races spend with each other any race should be able to be any class. We saw High Elves teach humans to be mages. Paladins were trained to be paladins. Pandaren showed up between expansions to teach all races minus goblin and worgen to be monks. Even demon hunters were taught to be demon hunters. There is no lore justification to not open all classes to all races eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Congrats Blizz. Everyone who wanted a Vanilla realm will get it with WoD. So much for never moving backward. Though, it will not be a pure vanilla server since you can still fly in the old content, and you don't have to farm things just to raid. Just wanted to congratulate Blizz for giving the folks what they wanted, a classic vanilla world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Or, maybe instead of making a strawman, they could just get a lvl 1 pony after they complete a quest in the starting zone

Nah - Gnomes are just 'evolved' mechanoids, they have no business being priests, shamans or especially druids.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Why gnomes can be monks and goblins cant is beyond me
    No Pandaren visited Kezan, but some visited Dun Morogh.

At least in most starting zones there's at least one Pandaren Monk Npc and he's basically the guy that teaches people how to be Monk.

On topic: Technically, anyone can become a Shaman, however even Gnome priest are more portrayed like some sort of medics rather than actual spiritual guides, Gnomes are rather light on the "belief" site, thereby Gnome Shaman / Druid is unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Karzerus View Post
    Can we PLEASE stop trying to tack on classes to every single race possible? If some people had their way, every race could be every class.

Leave the damn homogenization out.
    This argument makes no sense. Removing race/class restrictions neither makes every class nor makes every race the same.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

no connection to nature/elements, gnomres rely on their mind above all

also imo goblins should not be shaman, there's nothing spiritual or respectful about those devious,greedy and selfish little creatures and i doubt that the spirits are to fall for semantics or their stupid 'bargaining skills'

The only new class a gnome should get is to be a Paladin.

There's no reason for gnomes to be unable to be of any class; gnomes respect knowledge and as an extension, can learn to respect any source of magic/power and do what they must in order to use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Druids? No. I just don't think that the gnomes have an affinity to nature. They were titan constructs, caretakers which were mechanized and succumbed to the curse of flesh.

Shaman? Possible though unlikely. They mastered the arcane which manipulates certain elements. Could it really be that far fetched that such an apt race could push the boundaries of elemental manipulation to the extent of shamanism?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Nah - Gnomes are just 'evolved' mechanoids, they have no business being priests, shamans or especially druids.
    Dwarves are just 'evolved' machines also, and they can be shaman and priests. The origin of dwarves and gnomes are parallel - one was metal, one was stone.

Quote Originally Posted by babalou1 View Post
    The only new class a gnome should get is to be a Paladin.
    They have warriors and priests... its only logical they should get paladins as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    This argument makes no sense. Removing race/class restrictions neither makes every class nor makes every race the same.
    It makes perfect sense. Certain races having access to certain classes and vice versa is what makes them unique and worth rolling. Back in vanilla Paladins were a unique thing to the Alliance and Shamans were a unique thing to the Horde, then homogenizatin began, and it hasn't stopped so there's clearly a slippery slope.

You're in denial.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    Well, Gnomes are more well-intentioned inventor, as opposed to goblins Greedy scumbag Capitalist, so probably not, would gnomes even know what to offer?
    See now, that is where I think the gnomes might falter. The gnomes have a problem glorifying themselves.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Karzerus View Post
    It makes perfect sense. Certain races having access to certain classes and vice versa is what makes them unique and worth rolling. Back in vanilla Paladins were a unique thing to the Alliance and Shamans were a unique thing to the Horde, then homogenizatin began, and it hasn't stopped so there's clearly a slippery slope.

You're in denial.
    I grew up playing Dungeons and Dragons where the only thing stopping someone from being a particular class from a lore perspective was whether they were willing to devote the time and effort to it.

If anything, It is Blizzard who is in denial.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Goblins can be shamans so anything is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure they can. Blizzard just needs to put a check in the box next to Shaman for Gnomes and boom, Gnome Shaman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    agreed they should never have gotten priests, but seriously no, they have NO ties to nature atall
    Radiation is nature. Oil is nature. Underground is nature. Electricity is nature. Fire is nature. Not to mention goblins can be shamans have a mechanical totem. There really is no reason why Gnomes can not be shamans other then Blizzard hasn't added them yet. There should be no real lore reason for them to be incapable of becoming a shaman.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    No Pandaren visited Kezan, but some visited Dun Morogh.At least in most starting zones there's at least one Pandaren Monk Npc and he's basically the guy that teaches people how to be Monk.
    That makes no sense. Pandaren taught others how to be monks after Goblins joined the horde. Goblins transformed an entire zone into their needs. A monk wouldn't go oh gee whiz we can't stop a little outside of Durotar to teach someone to be a monk. Even then goblins could learn it in Ogrimmar. Just like gnome shamans there is no real reason why they were skipped other then they were.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

No way . There are already to many stupid class combo.
    Who cares about gnomes anyway? They are just a healthy meal and nothing more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    I think they should be removed but that comes from my burning hatred of them. Still think it’s stupid they can be warriors.
    How sad one's life must be to have a 'burning hatred' of a fictional race in a video game. :/

Having said that, I wouldn't normally associate gnomes with shaman but if something as selfish and self-serving as a goblin can do it, it stands to reason that a gnome could as well.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.