Thread: Titan Bloat

Titan Bloat

So, with recent screenshots of Uldir, a titan facility that apparently uses the same architecture as most Troll temples, and concept art circulating of a "Mayincatec" looking Titan Keeper, I'm concerned Blizz is going to turn the Zandalari into "Mogu 2.0" (3.0 if you count Highmaul era Ogres)

I feel this would be a bad decision, one of the most appealing aspects of the Trolls is that they're a natural/evolved species, and the Mayincatec style of their buildings is one of their defining traits, it feels pretty... lame, for them to have just copied it from the titans.

I'd much prefer Blizz keep Trolls a naturally evolved race, and make it so that the Zandalari built 'atop' Uldir to reinforce the locks keeping G'huun, rather than making them another monstrous race that worshiped a boring human-looking titan keeper. Especially after how poorly the Uldum keepers were handled.
    Twas brillig

Deleted

Looks pretty over-the-top Mayan to me

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Honestly, after whole argus/titan story in 7.3 being pretty underwhelming, i don't really see reason why we need another titan facility at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Honestly, after whole argus/titan story in 7.3 being pretty underwhelming, i don't really see reason why we need another titan facility at all.
    I agree with anime girl

Since isle of thunder it kinda seemed that the zandalari are a more evolved, less primal form of troll, a halfway point between trolls and elves. It would make sense that the Titans made some alterations to them. Maybe they took pity on them and gave them straight backs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    Since isle of thunder it kinda seemed that the zandalari are a more evolved, less primal form of troll, a halfway point between trolls and elves. It would make sense that the Titans made some alterations to them. Maybe they took pity on them and gave them straight backs.
    I didn't even think about that. The presence of Uldir next to Zuldazar is telling, isn't it?

I wonder what it means. Are Trolls Titan constructs too? And the non Zandalari are those who have drifted most from the original template?

Or did the ancestors of the Zandalari gain access to a power within Uldir that helped them 'ascend' over other Troll tribes?

Might be a secret here.

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    If I remember well, the mogu themselves "improved" the Zandalari with their magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    So, with recent screenshots of Uldir, a titan facility that apparently uses the same architecture as most Troll temples, and concept art circulating of a "Mayincatec" looking Titan Keeper, I'm concerned Blizz is going to turn the Zandalari into "Mogu 2.0" (3.0 if you count Highmaul era Ogres)

I feel this would be a bad decision, one of the most appealing aspects of the Trolls is that they're a natural/evolved species, and the Mayincatec style of their buildings is one of their defining traits, it feels pretty... lame, for them to have just copied it from the titans.

I'd much prefer Blizz keep Trolls a naturally evolved race, and make it so that the Zandalari built 'atop' Uldir to reinforce the locks keeping G'huun, rather than making them another monstrous race that worshiped a boring human-looking titan keeper. Especially after how poorly the Uldum keepers were handled.
    The thing is that Zandalari trolls could be retconned to be titan creations based off the true trolls the titans encountered all around Azeroth, not to mention the connection with the Mogu.

I highly doubt it though. The way I see it happening is that the titans were in this specific area before the Zandalari trolls and once the trolls settled in, they found these titan structures which inspired their own architectural style.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2018-01-15 at 04:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Leodok View Post
    If I remember well, the mogu themselves "improved" the Zandalari with their magic.
    It was initially thought when the Isle of Thunder was introduced that the radically different Zandalari were a product of being "reforged" by Lei Shen, but it was later explained that these new models were always how the Zandalari were meant to appear (which is why the Zandalari on Zuldazar look similar). Lei Shen did grant some of the Zandalari more power, giving them the ability to channel elements of the Storm like thunder and lightning - but he didn't change their appearance or alter their biology in any way.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Uldir probably predates the Zandalari troll's colonization of this area, which would explain what they drew inspiration from when building their city/cities.

I'm pretty glad it's a raid rather than a dungeon.

Halls of Origination really didn't get its due when they skipped an egyptian themed titan story in favor of "schnotzis."

Anything involving mass titan keepers should be a raid.

The Trolls were the first civilization to control large parts of ancient Kalimdor after the Titans left, of course they would take over some of their facilities, and be inspired by their architecture.

As long as the assets are newly developed and look great, I don't mind them. Keep in mind, in Legion we saw only few Titan buildings, and much of the pseudo-techy, literally alien Legion architecture. It would make sense they'd want to return to a more "fantasy" look.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.