10+ Year Old Account

Ogres and Vrykuls

I really like the concept and the idea of the allied races where before being able to choose to play as one, you must recruit them and solve their problems.

I remember the moment Blizzard mentioned about the allied races the first thing that came to my mind Ogres and Vrykuls.

Vrykuls being the true ancestors of the human race in Warcraft lore will be suitable as an Alliance allied race don't you think?

Ogres Also lorewise orcs originally came as a subrace from Ogres and Ogres came from Gronns and etc atc. It wasn't the first time they worked with the Horde. So recruiting them as an allied race for the Horde will be suitable imo.

Thoughts? discuss please and thanks for reading.

7+ Year Old Account
    One could hope but ogres and vrykul don't (seemingly) fit the concept of Allied Races.

Lore stand point, Allied Races are sub-factions of current races already apart of the Alliance and Horde.

Designer stand point, Allied Races share the same base skeletons of current playable races with only cosmetic differences.

Personally, I like the concept of Allied Races over pure Sub-Races, I think it offers more variety.

7+ Year Old Account
    meh im hangin in for fox people. then my wife will play warcraft again lol
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

I definitely love the idea of both races. As said, though, there's possibility that they are more involved than the announced "Allied Races" (which are really just "Sub-races"). That said, I'm still shocked and disappointed Ogres didn't join the Horde (I loved their Roman Empire vibe in WoD, gave them a very interesting culture), and I've been a huge proponent for Vrykul for *years* now.

Still, the Mag'har could definitely be a great segway towards introducing Ogres later (since Azeroth Ogres are almost all "dumb"). Not sure what other Allied Races the Alliance could look forward to, though. I just pray to god it isn't the fucking Jinyu, which seems to be gaining traction.

If anything, maybe the Mogu? They clearly value Imperial political structure, so they might lean more towards joining the Alliance. Or maybe a sub-race of Humans (either dark-skinned humans that might come from Uldum, or maybe barbarians hailing from the mountains of Arathi Highlands (maybe pulling some Vrykul influence in the process)?