Thread: WoD in BfA?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account

WoD in BfA?

Do you think the horde will take a beating in BfA that will force them to ask help from Grom and Draenor orcs, and he comes to balance the outcomes of the battle?

BfA seems like to be a WW, and eachside is asking help from all their allies, have feelings that WoD guys will show up to help each faction.

or do you guys think the best idea is to forget them? though forgetting them makes it worse for WoD.

Presumably we could see what Yrel and Grom have been up to since the events of WoD. The fact that they haven't been mentioned in Legion could mean that they were also defending Draenor from the Burning Legion. Conquering Draenor would mean easy access to Azeroth, so they could have been busy. I was personally hoping the Lightforged Draenei were Yrel's Draenei that underwent the transformation and joined the Alliance, because then it would be logical for Grom's Orcs to join the Horde as Mag'har/Blackrock Orcs.

No. Please.

Even Blizzard must know to avoid WoD at all cost.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I think blizzard wants to pretend WoD didn't happen for as long as possible.

So does the community honestly.
    Stop spreading such bullshit. Nobody thought the lore surrounding WoD was bad, a lot of players returned for the setting. Just because the expansion has a bad name due to lots of content being cut doesn't mean the entire expansion and its storylines should be forgotten and ignored. That's retarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Stop spreading such bullshit. Nobody thought the lore surrounding WoD was bad, a lot of players returned for the setting. Just because the expansion has a bad name due to lots of content being cut doesn't mean the entire expansion and its storylines should be forgotten and ignored. That's retarded.
    That's not actually true - while I played through WoD and remained subscribed on into Legion, I personally found the lore and story-arcs of WoD to be very weak. The way the time-travel concept was handled, the way the Legion itself was explained away opening a number of logical problems, and the fact that WoD essentially acted as a "black box" from which Gul'dan was the *only* element that effected our Azeroth. While I enjoyed the lore intrinsic to Draenor and liked seeing some of the classic characters once more, the entire expansion essentially acts as a footnote that (excepting Gul'dan coming to our world at the end) might as well not have happened at all.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Yes i think this could happen. Warcraft is Humans Vs Orcs, I can see the Kul'tiras humans and WoD or Outland Orcs joining the war in a patch after launch. The way Legion kept the story going in numerous patches, it would make sense that the war goes on until the final raid patch(where we stop fighting to fight the Old Gods, leading into Void expansion)

Hopefully there's a couple of allied races and more game mechanics developed to keep this war going(Garrison's 2.0)

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    That's not actually true - while I played through WoD and remained subscribed on into Legion, I personally found the lore and story-arcs of WoD to be very weak. The way the time-travel concept was handled, the way the Legion itself was explained away opening a number of logical problems, and the fact that WoD essentially acted as a "black box" from which Gul'dan was the *only* element that effected our Azeroth. While I enjoyed the lore intrinsic to Draenor and liked seeing some of the classic characters once more, the entire expansion essentially acts as a footnote that (excepting Gul'dan coming to our world at the end) might as well not have happened at all.
    was weak because lots of stuff were cut for sake of having 1 year cycle expansion thingy, which failed and killed WoD with it.

i mean kargath survival was a thing in beta, but that is just a thing of what we know, ogre island thingy and farahlon.

and maybe there are lots of stuff we dont know, resulted in a totally weak story telling.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody thought the lore surrounding WoD was bad
    Ah hahahaha. What? It was heavily criticized the moment they announced the expansion, and it only got worse when they started adding the "one Legion" back and forth BS that Aucald touched on. It saddens me greatly that they're adding Draenor Orcs as an allied race, especially if they have Grom come over as well. That just cheapens MU Grom and makes it that much more confusing as to which one certain references are to. I really wish they hadn't done WoD and came up with a much more logical and sensible transition from Pandaria to Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    was weak because lots of stuff were cut for sake of having 1 year cycle expansion thingy, which failed and killed WoD with it.

i mean kargath survival was a thing in beta, but that is just a thing of what we know, ogre island thingy and farahlon.

and maybe there are lots of stuff we dont know, resulted in a totally weak story telling.
    Alternate universes are inherently weak story telling unless you're able to give them the proper depth they require, like a freaking novel series not an MMO.

7+ Year Old Account
    You will be able to work on unlocking other Allied Races (such as Draenor Orcs) as the expansion unfolds. You gain the Zandalari as allies in Battle for Azeroth.

this is from the mmochampion frontpage, from the Q&A with ion, so basically we will back to draenor

and,m the Legion lore was worse than WoD lore

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    and,m the Legion lore was worse than WoD lore
    Indeed; the obvious thing we should have done is travel to 20 different alternate realities, collect Aegwynn's like battle pets, and end the Legion before it invaded (borrowing WoD's story telling devices).

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    * You will be able to work on unlocking other Allied Races (such as Draenor Orcs) as the expansion unfolds. You gain the Zandalari as allies in Battle for Azeroth.

so as i guessed, horde will be seeking Grom help to fight the alliance, going to be interesting.

he might be even the next warchief, i wont be surprised tbh.

I wanted all the other orcish clans under the current Horde's banner, but they've been either butchered up or totally humilliated during WoD. I'd rather have Kargath Bladefist, Kilrogg Deadeye and such orcs within the Horde instead of an AU Grom, but they're no longer a possibility. If AU Grom comes back, it'll just degrade MU Grom's legacy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieldon View Post
    No. Please.

Even Blizzard must know to avoid WoD at all cost.
    WoD is the Void Elf of expansions, honestly.

Plenty of people did. I remember myself and plenty of others absolutely roasting the story of WoD. Time travelling AU Orcs was always atrocious. Especially considering Horde players were forced to kill them, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    "The story's weak, but don't criticize the story, criticize the cut content!"

OT: I don't see why they'd give us WoD Orcs, for example. BC makes much more sense. We get Mag'har that are far less toxic to the story, and we could swing Broken out of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Star Wars the Phantom menace is a untouchable masterpiece compared to WoD's timetravel story line bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    OT: I don't see why they'd give us WoD Orcs, for example. BC makes much more sense. We get Mag'har that are far less toxic to the story, and we could swing Broken out of that.
    Agreed, although when I really think about it, this might give them the chance to grant some closure to WoD's awful lore since they're apparently not going to write it out of all future plots T-T. I don't have much faith, though, especially since anything they do with Grom is a wrong answer.

I wonder if BfA will degrade into the Alliance routing small horde guerilla camps, a la middle-eastern warfare for the last few decades?
    MW | BW

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    It was essential to the Orcs to see their past in order to move forward. We never saw the Horde in its prime in such detail. While most of the Alliance Kingdoms still stand and their heroes still live we never got to experience the Horde side. So yes, it was needed. It was a bit weird with the timelines but it was not a bad choice.

The huge amount of returning players confirmed Blizzard was on the right track. People were quite enjoying it at first. It wasn't until large content draughts coupled with cut storylines and cut patches that people got fed up with the expansion. And now they're using that resentment to criticize the original idea. But the original idea was fine, same with Cataclysm.

And given how Draenor Orcs are a future Allied Race, as is now confirmed, it's ridiculous to just ignore all the storylines of that expansion. Your best solution is to just ignore it all as if it never happened? That's not a solution at all, it's much better to try to fix things instead of ignoring them.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was essential to the Orcs to see their past in order to move forward. We never saw the Horde in its prime in such detail. While most of the Alliance Kingdoms still stand and their heroes still live we never got to experience the Horde side. So yes, it was needed. It was a bit weird with the timelines but it was not a bad choice.
    No, it wasn't essential. If you were a Horde player it was a punch in the gut, considering you just spent an expansion ousting your old Warchief, and now you have to travel through time and dimensions to go kill your old RTS heroes.

We don't need to "see the prime Horde in such detail." It was a horrible choice and if you want to appeal to numbers, more people agree with me than you.

i'm just wondering if this will only be brown orcs, or if they will at least include blackrocks as well.

either way, i am more than pleased to finally get brown orcs. but it'd be a shame to not have blackrocks too.