Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    seriously, you can't ve seriously thinking the darkspear are better on this, thats just, lol
    They are. MUCH better. Much more tusk variety and actually TROLLish hairstyles.
    Just LOOK at those Zandalari hair options. I can't even believe they let some of those pass.
    There are no big mohawks, few braids, even the colors are less varied.

Rezan just rule than all
    Uh huh... no. If he ruled them all, he wouldn't be so unknown there are SHADOW HUNTERS who never heard of him.

gonk is marjory a zandalari loa
    Almost every interaction he's had with the Zandalari is a repeat of what he did with the Darkspear. Not even a better version.

more prominent with the zandalari
    Nope, it just isn't. You don't seem to actually know much troll lore, unless you're ignoring it to try to prove your point.

everything the darkspear are the zandalari are showed to be better
    Except for the entire point of what a Darkspear is. As I've said many times now, they are different fantasies, different identities.

the darkspear is just a outcast tribe of jungle trolls, kicked out by the gurubashi
    Yes they are. And why is that a problem, exactly?
    The "coolness" of a race isn't defined by how much strength they have in the world stage. An outcast tribe can tell a good story and be interesting culturally and visually.
    It doesn't matter how well the Zandalari fill the role of the ancient empire of gold, they won't "steal" what the Darkspear are.They aren't supposed to be a big empire. They are one tribe. Jungle trolls. With all the dark voodoo, guerilla warfare and savageness that comes with that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leodok View Post
    They are. MUCH better. Much more tusk variety and actually TROLLish hairstyles.
    Just LOOK at those Zandalari hair options. I can't even believe they let some of those pass.
    There are no big mohawks, few braids, even the colors are less varied.
    lol no

zandalari and normal trolls have 12 hairstyles, almost all darkspear hairstyles are bad, make then look bald, the hair is hard like a wood, bad textures, no movement, just ugly

zandalai have 7 styles of tusks, darkspear only 5

Uh huh... no. If he ruled them all, he wouldn't be so unknown there are SHADOW HUNTERS who never heard of him.
    or because those shadow hunters are bad?

Throughout the ages, many kings have ruled over the Zandalari empire. Each one however, knew their place when it came to the great loa and offered their praise to the mightiest of all of them, Rezan.

Almost every interaction he's had with the Zandalari is a repeat of what he did with the Darkspear. Not even a better version.
    except he did with the zandalari first

Nope, it just isn't. You don't seem to actually know much troll lore, unless you're ignoring it to try to prove your point.
    The loa is much more prominent in the zandalari, thats a fact, they are more religious and zealot, hell even paladin they can be, all other tribes are just a shadow of the true loa worship

The zandalari in the vol'jin ook precisaly said that, and they could only respect the shadow hunters

Except for the entire point of what a Darkspear is. As I've said many times now, they are different fantasies, different identities.
    the point of the darkspear is just to be worse to the zandalari in every thing possible? doesn't seems right

Yes they are. And why is that a problem, exactly?
    the problem is when they are just there and nothing more relevant

The "coolness" of a race isn't defined by how much strength they have in the world stage. An outcast tribe can tell a good story and be interesting culturally and visually.
    and they are becoming les and less interesting the time the zandalari culture is coming up, cause thy are more interesting viually, and have a more consolidate culture

It doesn't matter how well the Zandalari fill the role of the ancient empire of gold, they won't "steal" what the Darkspear are.They aren't supposed to be a big empire. They are one tribe. Jungle trolls. With all the dark voodoo, guerilla warfare and savageness that comes with that.
    and the problem is blizzard is not putting those darkspear strengths to the top, they are not focusing on then, the darkspear already had a hard time trough wow with almost no spotlight, the zandalari will just be the nail the coffin if they didn't do better to the darkspear

the "common people" will just say "why play this troll if i can the better version of it?"

and be sure their racials will be better

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    Can't have Amani Trolls in Horde while you have Belfs, unless you throw all the lore out the window.
    Well, change "amani trolls" for "revantusk trolls"..../facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    the point of the darkspear is just to be worse to the zandalari in every thing possible? doesn't seems right
    the "common people" will just say "why play this troll if i can the better version of it?"
    "Why would I play an orc? They don't have crystal spaceships. They are worse than the draenei in every thing possible."
    You seriously sound like this.

The Zandalari are not "better Darkspear", they are a different thing. As I've said about 50 times already. The Darkspear are not an Aztec Empire. They are not supposed to be. Another race being a better Aztec Empire than them means absolutely nothing to the Darkspear fantasy.
    Much like another race being better spacegoats than the orcs means nothing to the orc fantasy.

Zandalari have golden stuff and magnificent cities, but what in hell does that change for a tribal race of jungle savages?!

zandalari and normal trolls have 12 hairstyles, almost all darkspear hairstyles are bad, make then look bald, the hair is hard like a wood, bad textures, no movement, just ugly
    Yet they are still more well designed and trollish than the Zandalari hairstyles. Braids, mohawks, TROLL STUFF. Where is the troll stuff in the male Zandalari hairstyles?

zandalai have 7 styles of tusks, darkspear only 5
    Darkspear have more variation in shape and length.
    You can have 100 different tusk options, it won't matter if they all look so similar.

A lot of the Zandalari hairstyles also look the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the volcanic ashlands of northwestern Georgia (Also known as Atlanta).
    "Why would I play an orc? They don't have crystal spaceships. They are worse than the draenei in every thing possible."

The Zandalari are not "better Darkspear", they are a different thing. As I've said about 50 times already. The Darkspear are not an Aztec Empire. They are not supposed to be. Another race being a better Aztec Empire than them means absolutely nothing to the Darkspear fantasy.
    Much like another race being better spacegoats than the orcs means nothing to the orc fantasy.

Zandalari have golden stuff and magnificent cities, but what in hell does that change for a tribal race of jungle savages?!

Yet they are still more well designed and trollish than the Zandalari hairstyles. Braids, mohawks, TROLL STUFF. Where is the troll stuff in the male Zandalari hairstyles?

You can have 100 different tusk options, it won't matter if they all look so similar.

Well for one thing, they're on two different factions, are different species, and are even more different than the darkspear and the zandalari.

Look, I don't know what the guy you're talking to is arguing, but here's my deal:

I feel like the darkspear have been neglected by Blizzard, and haven't been developed enough to really "compete" with the zandalari in terms of player interest. You bring up a lot of good points about the differences between the two gorups, but Blizzard has really done a poor job at building up the darkspear as a faction. We haven't even had a leader in years, or at least no one that's had a presence in the story. My hope is that they make an attempt to develop them in BFA.
    Some people really like flavor. Occasionally subsisting on nutrient paste just doesn't feel the same as eating a steak. I get that flavor isn't for everyone, but I doubt removing all cosmetic indicators from the game would be appealing either. Nobody want to log in, queue to fight modestly sized blue checked box boss #7, initiate combat using an attack sequence of abilities 1-7 with a 13 beat repeat coda intermittently, and collect item level 630 slot 7 gear either.

7+ Year Old Account
    except trolls are trolls, and draeneis are not orcs, your logic is fail

The Zandalari are not "better Darkspear", they are a different thing.
    thanks captain obvious, but im talking about the marjory of the wowbase, the marjory who pick elves just because they look pretty

trolls are trolls, people will pick what they think and what they see is better, and if they have better racials oh boy poor darkspears

As I've said about 50 times already. The Darkspear are not an Aztec Empire. They are not supposed to be. Another race being a better Aztec Empire than them means absolutely nothing to the Darkspear fantasy.
    and again, i know that this, its just to enforce how people will get more attention to zandalari culture and theme because they have more development and more spotlight, people like they race represented, they already have more important and prominent characters than the darkspear who don't even have a leader

and if vol'jin don't back things will jut get worse

because he zandalari also have this theme of tribal jungle savages too, not all zandalari are like rhastakan, remember, all trolls come from zandalar, all their culture also come from zandalar

thats just like, your opinion man

now you are just being biased
    they don't, its actually the other way around
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2018-05-01 at 03:22 AM.

The darkspear shall be the first to fall, but they won't be the last. It's just what is bound to happen when your game developer starts to shit out "new races" like crazy to bait people into the cash shop for race changes.

Blizzard has never been good with distributing attention to the races. Allied races will just exarbate this problem. People will feel neglected...unless they play Human (and MAYBE Orc). The next expansion will be heavy on Forsaken, but they did not have any spotlight since WotLK.

As others have already said: Darkspear lack "their thing" in the game. They are good hunters, sure...but there are MANY races with strong hunter lore. Since mechanical pets were added even fucking Gnomes have a certain very strong Hunter niche....and i feel even there Darkspear is lacking. Shaman/Shadowpriest simply have far too little of the original WC3 Darkspear abilities.

The most played Darkspear class right now is Druid. By FAR. Shaman is #2, and Druid is more than TWICE of that. (35% druid, 15% shaman). I totally understand WHY many players did not want to be a cow shapeshifting into a cat anymore. And the original Darkspear forms were some kind of cool, although Legion got rid of all racial forms....which was fucking stupid to begin with, but not the point right now. BUT Darkspear druids have always been a joke. They were like the Kindergarden-Pupils of Nightelves and Tauren. Zen'kiki for the win. It's funny, yes, but is it really MORE than that? No. Darkspear Druids never had a place in the lore. What Blizzard SHOULD have done is give Darkspear a Loa-Priest class that can shift into Loa forms...the same way Zandalari Druids are Dinomancers and not Cenarion-Circle-Duids. But they did not and simply threw them into the Cenarion-Basket with some jokes on top.

If i were a Darkspear-Druid i would probably reroll Zandalari-Dinomancer, too....because the former is just a lore-joke while the latter actually is a thing.

The sinister thing about all of this is:
    Blizzard probably aimed for Darkspear-Druids on purpose to get the most race-changes out of this....because if you still believe allied-races are about anything else than driving players into the cash-shop, i would call you deluded.
    So, expectthem to aim for the weak-spots of old, beloved races even more in the future...killing them off as played races, just because it drives players into the shop. It's that easy, really.
    What do you think how many Gnomes will pay $$ to become Mechagnomes? Yes, exactly.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the volcanic ashlands of northwestern Georgia (Also known as Atlanta).
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    The darkspear shall be the first to fall, but they won't be the last. It's just what is bound to happen when your game developer starts to shit out "new races" like crazy to bait people into the cash shop for race changes.

Blizzard has never been good with distributing attention to the races. Allied races will just exarbate this problem. People will feel neglected...unless they play Human (and MAYBE Orc). The next expansion will be heavy on Forsaken, but they did not have any spotlight since WotLK.

As others have already said: Darkspear lack "their thing" in the game. They are good hunters, sure...but there are MANY races with strong hunter lore. Since mechanical pets were added even fucking Gnomes have a certain very strong Hunter niche....and i feel even there Darkspear is lacking. Shaman/Shadowpriest simply have far too little of the original WC3 Darkspear abilities.

The most played Darkspear class right now is Druid. By FAR. Shaman is #2, and Druid is more than TWICE of that. (35% druid, 15% shaman). I totally understand WHY many players did not want to be a cow shapeshifting into a cat anymore. And the original Darkspear forms were some kind of cool, although Legion got rid of all racial forms....which was fucking stupid to begin with, but not the point right now. BUT Darkspear druids have always been a joke. They were like the Kindergarden-Pupils of Nightelves and Tauren. Zen'kiki for the win. It's funny, yes, but is it really MORE than that? No. Darkspear Druids never had a place in the lore. What Blizzard SHOULD have done is give Darkspear a Loa-Priest class that can shift into Loa forms...the same way Zandalari Druids are Dinomancers and not Cenarion-Circle-Duids. But they did not and simply threw them into the Cenarion-Basket with some jokes on top.

If i were a Darkspear-Druid i would probably reroll Zandalari-Dinomancer, too....because the former is just a lore-joke while the latter actually is a thing.

The sinister thing about all of this is:
    Blizzard probably aimed for Darkspear-Druids on purpose to get the most race-changes out of this....because if you still believe allied-races are about anything else than driving players into the cash-shop, i would call you deluded.
    So, expectthem to aim for the weak-spots of old, beloved races even more in the future...killing them off as played races, just because it drives players into the shop. It's that easy, really.
    What do you think how many Gnomes will pay $$ to become Mechagnomes? Yes, exactly.
    I disagree with the last point, but everything else here is spot on. It’s about the distribution of attention, and giving each race its own distinct flavor. Darkspear have potential, but Blizzard has barely done anything with them since vanilla to make them their own thing. Now, we’re getting a new troll race that’s already far more developed as well as being considered the most powerful tribe of all. Again, the latter would be fine if the darkspesr had a really strong flavor and their own unique strengths...but they don’t right now.
    Some people really like flavor. Occasionally subsisting on nutrient paste just doesn't feel the same as eating a steak. I get that flavor isn't for everyone, but I doubt removing all cosmetic indicators from the game would be appealing either. Nobody want to log in, queue to fight modestly sized blue checked box boss #7, initiate combat using an attack sequence of abilities 1-7 with a 13 beat repeat coda intermittently, and collect item level 630 slot 7 gear either.