10+ Year Old Account

Saving emissaries for tomorrow

So blizz said the caches will reward the old # of wakening essence right? Cool

But what about if I don't do an emmissary from yesterday and today and I save them for tomorrow, then do them and get all new caches?

Im assuming it works, we'll see though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    So blizz said the caches will reward the old # of wakening essence right? Cool

But what about if I don't do an emmissary from yesterday and today and I save them for tomorrow, then do them and get all new caches?

Im assuming it works, we'll see though.
    When you get the 10k rep, you get a quest which rewards you the chest and that reward should be still the "old version".

...but tbh, if you're not in a hurry, just wait it out ^^

I'm pretty sure that it works, can't remeber where but I read something about being able to do the emissary WQs after the patch.

From the post "Patch 7.3.5 - Legendary Tokens Update"

"Emissary bags earned prior to the release of 7.3.5 will still give pre-7.3.5 numbers of Essences. There is no benefit to saving Emissary bags until afer the patch."

Quote Originally Posted by Vicmancini View Post

"Emissary bags earned prior to the release of 7.3.5 will still give pre-7.3.5 numbers of Essences. There is no benefit to saving Emissary bags until afer the patch."
    He means the current active ones that aren't turned in yet. Personally, I see no harm in waiting to turn those in

Quote Originally Posted by Vicmancini View Post

You dont get the "Bag" untill you complete the quest.

So to the OP you should be fine to save the quests to complete them. Just don't complete them and have the "Emissary bag" in your bag.

Will definitely work. That's what I did when Antorus opened. Saved 3 emissaries to turn in on opening day and got 3 emissaries worth of Essence.

What irks me probably more than it should is the fact that if I'm currently at 47/50 essences upgrading legendary. It means tomorrow I'm at 47/300 instead of completing it with first emissary.

So this trick worked after all?

My region server is not live yet

Pretty sure that's a bad idea as on NA all emissary missions were wiped and it started with a complete new rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauna View Post
    What irks me probably more than it should is the fact that if I'm currently at 47/50 essences upgrading legendary. It means tomorrow I'm at 47/300 instead of completing it with first emissary.
    If you have a quest for 50 essences in progress, you can still turn it in and get a last upgrade token for 50 instead of 300.

I did this and emissary's got replaced by new ones today. That hasn't happened since like the first patch of Legion, why wouldn't they warn us beforehand. Lame...

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    If you have a quest for 50 essences in progress, you can still turn it in and get a last upgrade token for 50 instead of 300.
    If that's true, great! Makes sense tbh..

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I don't know about this trick, personally. I had completed all my Emissary World Quests on Monday and upon logging in on Tuesday evening I was greeting with 3 fresh Emissary sets of World Quests right off the bat. Unknown if I'm a special case for whatever reason, but it looks like if you had an empty slate before 7.3.5 rolled out it just filled it right back up.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I don't know about this trick, personally. I had completed all my Emissary World Quests on Monday and upon logging in on Tuesday evening I was greeting with 3 fresh Emissary sets of World Quests right off the bat. Unknown if I'm a special case for whatever reason, but it looks like if you had an empty slate before 7.3.5 rolled out it just filled it right back up.

Same happened to me. BTW you only wanted to save two, the third (technically the first) would have rolled over at daily reset. But looks like they treated this like a major patch (wipe emissaries) rather than a minor patch (not touching emissaries). Some notice beforehand would have been nice, but oh well.
    Last edited by Count Zero; 2018-01-17 at 05:47 PM.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.