[megathread] Netflix Original Devilman Crybaby

So this just came out and I am almost done with the 7th episode. I must say this is the most fucked up anime I have seen and I'm quite enjoying it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, get ready for episode 9, it will tear u apart

Quote Originally Posted by Rageadon the Huntard View Post
    Well, get ready for episode 9, it will tear u apart
    Looking forward to it going to finish it up within the next couple hours.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Looking forward to it going to finish it up within the next couple hours.
    Alot of people already claiming it to be the anime of the year, i can get behind that, but the only problem it's just january 16..

Quote Originally Posted by Rageadon the Huntard View Post
    Alot of people already claiming it to be the anime of the year, i can get behind that, but the only problem it's just january 16..
    Just finished that and ya I agree, if it wasn't for the fact its January 16th then I would say anime of the year.

If u want a anime with a happy go lucky ending this isn't it

Really enjoyed it and it is a highly fucked up anime. I need more off the wall animes like this (and Hellsing Ultimate) in my life lol.

Is the title supposed to be a reference to Devil May Cry?

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    Is the title supposed to be a reference to Devil May Cry?
    No. Not everything is a reference.

Watched the first episode...

A Demon with a pussy mouth with sharp teeth killing someone... just fucking LOL!

I won't bother past that. XD

Finally a remake of a very old anime. IMDB Link

Let's see if its on par!
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried giving it a chance but I just cant, the art style is complete and utter shit and should be banned in professional settings... this is shit you do as an amateur to get better at drawing, not something that you should do as a professional...

I find it bonkers that so many people praise it... yeah it has a nice theme and plot but without good art it really has no place in any list other than terrible anime that could have been good, right up there with Berserk 2016/2017, which frankly I would prefer to this.

Usually a big fan of bad endings but this was so mediocre. The art style really put me off and by the time it ended I didn't really care anymore.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle