Poll: How often do you take a risk.

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb What’s the dumbest thing you’ve done for love?

Couple of days ago I asked what’s the most to ever won gambling. Now the question is what is the dumbest thing you’ve ever done for love?

Also what’s the biggest risk you’ve taken calculated or not and why?

How did you make out?

Follow up was:

Was the risk worth it?
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2018-01-14 at 12:48 PM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Turn a blind eye to bad habits.

There was this one time I considering doing that, but in the end I thought even though I'd do anything, I won't do that.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can not say I ever did something dumb for a loved one. Never had any reason to. If you feel like you have a need to do something dumb for someone, I question your choice of a mate. In that movie, I thought the gal was a selfless brat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Can not say I ever did something dumb for a loved one. Never had any reason to. If you feel like you have a need to do something dumb for someone, I question your choice of a mate. In that movie, I thought the gal was a selfless brat.
    Selfless?

I wouldn’t have done it, but I get it. Though I personally I liked the one on her right.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Think loved one is a strong word but I think we all went through that horny teenager stage

10+ Year Old Account
    The same dumb thing everyone does at some point in their lives. Accepted something I wasn't OK with in the beginning with the hopes that it would go away as the relationship got further a long.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Flew out to Las Vegas for 3 days to meet up with this girl at some League/Starcraft tournament event. It was sort of like a double date with another couple we were friends with. I thought it would be a good opportunity for me to come out of my shell a bit, and see if I could maintain a relationship with someone I liked.

It didn't work at all; I was awkward most of the trip, they all knew other people at the convention and I only knew the 3 of them. We drifted apart over the whole trip to the point I would just go watch the Starcraft tournaments by myself, and they found someone else to hang out with them. I wrote a note for them in the hotel room apologizing for coming, and left on the last morning without saying anything.

I regret it immensely, but I think it was still a good reminder to avoid relationships until I've put more effort into becoming a better person.

I tapped a girl on her shoulder to talk. but apparently you can never touch a woman as she complained about it a year later.
    hit & run posting lol

eh just the normal money / stuff / trust when it wasn't warranted, turning a blind eye to things i thought would change.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    got married, had kids
    Battlepet Collector http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/Monekop/
    Mount Collector http://www.warcraftmounts.com/collec...p?user=Monekop
    All round collector of aesthetically pleasing items and garden gnomes.

I white knighted for her one time and she regretted the argument like 3 hours later and wanted to apologise, but because I got involved I basically made things escalate heavily on both sides, so neither side really approached the other for nearly a year.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Think loved one is a strong word but I think we all went through that horny teenager stage
    Of course. But not for love. I did some dumb things when I was young before I got married, but it was for sex, not love. :P

I would say loving someone who is not worth my time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would do anything for love. Anything you've been dreaming of, but I just won't do that.
    But now the biggest part,
    is all about the image
    and not the art

7+ Year Old Account
    Marriage is probably the most logical response. /shrug

Didn't listen to people around me telling me to appreciate each day with my loved one and be happy for the time we got. Spent years pre-emptively grieving, and was broken once he passed and the actual grieving started. It resulted in still to this day lasting psychological scars.

Deleted
    I watched an episode of that Kardashians show.

Deleted
    Evil... things!

I'd do anything for love, but I won't do...

Quote Originally Posted by Naadir View Post
    Evil... things!
    that.