Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

[Movie] Venom (Tom Hardy) [2018]

Release date: October 5, 2018

Sony pictures has released a first image of his character.

In the picture posted by Entertainment Weekly Hardy can be seen as Eddie Brock. Brock was a reporter at the Daily Globe before he transformed into his alter-ego villain, Venom.

Last edited by Khadgar; 2018-02-08 at 02:59 PM.

I really think they will go to the "anti-hero" approach. Don't think he's been a villain in a long time.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Deleted
    Such a waste of a great character and a great actor, for a film that won't be connected to anything else.

Also Sony.

I'm not fond of the director or writer. Hardy could be amazing and the movie could still be shit.

There's some potential, with Venom being the protagonist, but I'm not sold on it just yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Such a waste of a great character and a great actor, for a film that won't be connected to anything else.

Also Sony.
    Pretty sure they have a deal with marvel studios that will allow Venom to appear in the new Spiderman movies. I doubt it will be good though.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    I'm not fond of the director or writer. Hardy could be amazing and the movie could still be shit.

There's some potential, with Venom being the protagonist, but I'm not sold on it just yet.
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by Kazakov View Post
    I really think they will go to the "anti-hero" approach. Don't think he's been a villain in a long time.
    The Flash Thompson version yes, not Eddie Brook. So it’ll be interesting to see how it pans out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    The Flash Thompson version yes, not Eddie Brook. So it’ll be interesting to see how it pans out.
    Even the Eddie Brock version turned into an anti-hero "lethal protector". Flash Thompson was a straight up superhero as Venom, and the current run of the comic with Eddie Brock as Venom has him back in the anti-hero role.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    Even the Eddie Brock version turned into an anti-hero "lethal protector". Flash Thompson was a straight up superhero as Venom, and the current run of the comic with Eddie Brock as Venom has him back in the anti-hero role.
    True, Venom is more or less an anti villain then an anti hero.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Pretty sure they have a deal with marvel studios that will allow Venom to appear in the new Spiderman movies. I doubt it will be good though.
    It's a strange deal.

Spiderman can be in the Marvel movies, but a bunch of Spiderman villains, including Venom, are owned solely by Sony and won't be appearing the MCU at all.

So you'll have Tom Hollands Spiderman coexisting in 2 universes simultaneously, with no crossover other than Spiderman himself.

It's a strange deal.

Spiderman can be in the Marvel movies, but a bunch of Spiderman villains, including Venom, are owned solely by Sony and won't be appearing the MCU at all.

So you'll have Tom Hollands Spiderman coexisting in 2 universes simultaneously, with no crossover other than Spiderman himself.
    There still in the same universe...it's just that Spidey won't be calling on the Avengers to help him in those Sony movies.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

The Marvel Cinematic Universe has broken people's brains.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    The Marvel Cinematic Universe has broken people's brains.
    Now just imagine that the X-men universe is basically part of the MCU.

It's a strange deal.

I do wish they give Foxx's Electro another chance.

As bad as that movie was, his character and design are worth salvaging.

Kinda surprised Sony didnt "diversify" the main character.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    Now just imagine that the X-men universe is basically part of the MCU.
    You can't make me imagine this. I won't let you.

Deleted
    Sony super hero movie? Just Venom? No Spiderman?

How hard will this bomb in theaters?

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    The new movie was mentioned in an interview as having the Lethal Protector storyline as one of it's 2 main influences

10+ Year Old Account
    I would have preferred the Marvel Studios/Sony films continue to use villains that have not been featured in films before... like they did with Vulture. I'd rather see Scorpion, The Beetle, Kraven the Hunter, Chameleon, Mysterio, The Enforcers, Morbius the Living Vampire, Man-Wolf, Hydro-Man and/or Puma than ANOTHER Venom.

15+ Year Old Account
    Teaser Trailed dropped today

So... a trailer named "Venom" that doesn't show Venom at all. =/

This smells like a movie where you're not going to see him in the Venom form until the very VERY end of the movie.