Page 1 of 2
LastLast

7.3.5 Dungeons forced (?) Personal loot.

We go into low level dungeons on our 110 toons and cant opt in for bosses to drop whatever loot but only stuff for our class? Like LFRs?

Is this correct? Going into LFRs with alts for appearances porpouses was annoying enough, now dungeons too?

Anyone here checked this in the PTR?

How does that affect your appearance collection?

The problem is that collecting transmog from dungeons where personal loot is forced is problematic. For example, a Rogue or Demon Hunter who can equip leather healing pieces and use them for transmog will no longer ever see them drop. Instead, you have to run the dungeon with a leather wearing class that can choose the healing specialization. I've run into this problem with some transmogs in HFC that I've wanted. Furthermore, with personal loot you're not guaranteed to have an item drop per boss (it still calculates drop chance as if 5 people were in the dungeon). So, rather than getting 5 blues guaranteed (even if they aren't what you're after), you could end up with literally no boss drops the entire run (I've had that happen on some WoD dungeons). Is it game-breaking? No. But it's damn annoying.

Deleted
    This is most likely only in LFD. Manually entering a dungeon probably will not force PL on you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by watsonian View Post
    The problem is that collecting transmog from dungeons where personal loot is forced is problematic. For example, a Rogue or Demon Hunter who can equip leather healing pieces and use them for transmog will no longer ever see them drop. Instead, you have to run the dungeon with a leather wearing class that can choose the healing specialization. I've run into this problem with some transmogs in HFC that I've wanted. Furthermore, with personal loot you're not guaranteed to have an item drop per boss (it still calculates drop chance as if 5 people were in the dungeon). So, rather than getting 5 blues guaranteed (even if they aren't what you're after), you could end up with literally no boss drops the entire run (I've had that happen on some WoD dungeons). Is it game-breaking? No. But it's damn annoying.
    They've changed most items to have both Agil/Intellect though, so there should be no difference with healing/dps stuff for leather.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    This is most likely only in LFD. Manually entering a dungeon probably will not force PL on you.
    It has since Legion started and will continue to do so. I don't understand why if you're alone/with a full pre-made group, you can choose whatever loot setting you want, like raids. Makes farming transmog out of dungeons much, much slower.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    This has been in the game since early Legion for Classic dungeons. So now it's all dungeons?

7+ Year Old Account
    Well... kinda annoying for RPers who wants to get some BoP items that are not the same armour type that they use. Hopefully they can allow in non-LFD groups to change that.

Did anyone happen to check the PTR while it was up? Can you still set loot rules manually if you're in your own group?

Quote Originally Posted by Micka Steelspark View Post
    They've changed most items to have both Agil/Intellect though, so there should be no difference with healing/dps stuff for leather.
    Well, that's good at least! It's still annoying doing dungeon farms for transmog where you get literally nothing from bosses though. Again, not game-breaking, but less fun in general I'd say. Very frustrating if you're an enchanter trying to get mats too. Not sure how the changes that normalize enchanting mats affect that, but I imagine it'll still be an issue. Has anyone checked that?

10+ Year Old Account
    For dungeons, it has been so for a while.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    For dungeons, it has been so for a while.
    Why would they add that bottom line on the Patch notes if "they have been for a while"?

I can 100% confirm very old dungeons dropped items that were in no way, shape or form for my class.

What you mean applies to (for instance) WoD dungeons, in which personal loot was already applied to the system. This change is global for all dungeons.

You should probably read more instead of coming to these forums to increase your Posts number by writing down things you have no idea about. Or you think I made a thread just for the sake of giving my opinion instead of checking before I posted? This is not a "give your opinion" thread, its more about information.
    Last edited by Xeh.-; 2018-01-15 at 09:25 PM.

There is always the oh-noes-my-randomuselessthing police to complain about every single good change blizzard has ever done because of some 0.1% they claim to be (but in truth aren't)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeh.- View Post
    Why would they add that bottom line on the Patch notes if "they have been for a while"?

I can 100% confirm very old dungeons dropped items that were in no way, shape or form for my class.

What you mean applies to (for instance) WoD dungeons, in which personal loot was already applied to the system. This change is global for all dungeons.

You should probably read more instead of coming to these forums to increase your Posts number by writing down things you have no idea about. Or you think I made a thread just for the sake of giving my opinion instead of checking before I posted? This is not a "give your opinion" thread, its more about information.
    Personal loot was enabled in Classic dungeons, but not in BC, WotLK, Cata or MoP dungeons. Now it will be enabled in all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    There is always the oh-noes-my-randomuselessthing police to complain about every single good change blizzard has ever done because of some 0.1% they claim to be (but in truth aren't)
    Cool man very cool. But you dont know If I am "the 0.1%" or not.

Btw.... personal loot in old dungeons is a very good change, It would be nice if we could have the regular group loot option for soloing content, thats all.

I am very sorry that you think I am complaining here. Not your regular 101 Mmo Champion Poster.

Legion introduced Personal Loot for some low lvl instances, I can 101% confirm I've gotten personal loot drops from some instances.

You should probably read more instead of coming to these forums to increase your Posts number by writing down things you have no idea about.
    Stop insulting people over the Forums, thinking you're always right and everyone else is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Analle View Post
    Legion introduced Personal Loot for some low lvl instances, I can 101% confirm I've gotten personal loot drops from some instances.

Stop insulting people over the Forums, thinking you're always right and everyone else is wrong.
    Person A makes a thread about a patch note change.

Person B comes to say that change is old.

Why would blizzard add it to patch notes if its old?

That guy just wants to be present in the thread for no reason giving absolutely no useful information, not even an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Analle View Post
    Yes, but some very old dungeons are still working outside this rule, at least outside LFD system. Thats exactly what I meant to say. This change seems to turn every dungeon into WoD dungeons, or Legion dungeons.
    Last edited by Xeh.-; 2018-01-15 at 09:36 PM.

Will this affect transmog farming in Gnomer/Uldaman, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    If anything you can probably still make a "dummy group" in LFG (which puts you in a party) and then set it to group loot.

Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    If anything you can probably still make a "dummy group" in LFG (which puts you in a party) and then set it to group loot.
    Thats the whole issue here. Dungeons do not allow this. An example is WoD dungeons, if you try to put group loot it doesnt allow it even if you make a dummy group.