Thread: MechaStorm

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagonos View Post
    Dude, get over yourself. It's done in the old transformers/90s cartoon style, and probably intentionally because they are MECHA. You know, like Transformers?
    The Transformers cartoon was more Western animation, unless you mean the '86 Transformers movie which was done in an anime-esque style. I'm getting more of an over the top Robotech feel or something more modern. Gundam?

I'm no anime expert though. Someone can probably place the style better than me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is definitely Gundam style anime. And they nailed it. Feeling was really good too.

Instabougt the bundle >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Hilarious how you call me out on misuing the word cringe and then use it yourself in a same manner. I'm not a native english speaker but as far as I know, feeling cringe is when someone tries to generate specific emotion (in this situation - hype, making a cool video) but misses the mark and ends up with something that makes you feel embarassed or unconformtable. Fits perfectly to how I felt when I saw this video.
    You are just embarrassing yourself at this point. Literally no one here who has posted is agreeing with you, and you are just looking like a fool trying to justify yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    You are just embarrassing yourself at this point. Literally no one here who has posted is agreeing with you, and you are just looking like a fool trying to justify yourself.
    Having unpopular opinion on aestethics is embarrassing? I don't think you understand how opinions work. The only emberassing thing in this thread I see is how people (you included) got aggressive just because someone dared to have negative opinion on something they liked. I mean, it's your second post in which your only point is to attack me ad personam ("trying to sound like intellectual", "you look like fool", "you are emberrassing yourself" trying to imply that I use words I don't understand, which is not true; says a lot about your behaviour).

You like the video, I think it's trash, there is no need to attack other posters because of that.

got aggressive just because someone dared to have negative opinion on something they liked.
    I don't like it either. But I'd have to be totally clueless to call it "cheap looking", and since I'm not a totally clueless, despite not liking the style, I'm not going to call it cheap looking, cause that would be wrong, and a sign that I knew absolutely nothing about animation.

I love the animation (Since I like Animes in general) Blizzard should keep up with this work , it gives the game a special look with the trailers

The skins have Gundam references , However I'd love to see NGE references as well
    2Pac Forever !

Quote Originally Posted by Reza2001 View Post
    The skins have Gundam references , However I'd love to see NGE references as well
    Neon Dragon Genji skin is a reference to NGE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twen View Post
    Neon Dragon Genji skin is a reference to NGE.
    D.va has one as well. She has Asuka's red costume with the red mech skin. Think there is also another NGE reference somewhere, but I would need to double check the character roster.

D.va has one as well. She has Asuka's red costume with the red mech skin. Think there is also another NGE reference somewhere, but I would need to double check the character roster.
    Oh right I forgot about D.va, that's true.

Think there is also another NGE reference somewhere, but I would need to double check the character roster.
    2 of the Purifier Artanis tints.

Having unpopular opinion on aestethics is embarrassing? I don't think you understand how opinions work. The only emberassing thing in this thread I see is how people (you included) got aggressive just because someone dared to have negative opinion on something they liked. I mean, it's your second post in which your only point is to attack me ad personam ("trying to sound like intellectual", "you look like fool", "you are emberrassing yourself" trying to imply that I use words I don't understand, which is not true; says a lot about your behaviour).

You like the video, I think it's trash, there is no need to attack other posters because of that.
    You compare it to the lol trailer for skins... but you seem to miss the fucking point : they don't use the same animation style AT ALL. You can like one style more than the other, that's totally fair.

But calling something "cheap" when it clearly isn't... just makes you sound like a fool.

Some things are subjective, some are not. If you can't make the difference, you should try not talking about stuff you have no fucking clue about.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    You compare it to the lol trailer for skins... but you seem to miss the fucking point : they don't use the same animation style AT ALL. You can like one style more than the other, that's totally fair.

But calling something "cheap" when it clearly isn't... just makes you sound like a fool.

Some things are subjective, some are not. If you can't make the difference, you should try not talking about stuff you have no fucking clue about.
    You know what also makes one sound like a fool? Coming to thread to repeat what 5 other posters said just above him.

And I still think it looks cheap.

15+ Year Old Account
    I did not know that I needed this in my life.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Enough with the bickering.

Wait a minute, is that a mecha skin for my favorite hero, Abathur?

Reinstalling!

Also, I absolutely love the anime shorts we've gotten for Blizzard's series! I'd love to see more! Maybe one day (I seriously doubt it but a man can dream), we'll see a major cutscene in WoW in anime form. That'd be beast!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ghostblade View Post
    people can call it what they want... but that fucking bloodlust moment was epic XD no waitl... LEGENDARY! reminds me of tekkaman XD
    Reminded me of a transformation from Fist of the North Star or Dragon Ball!

10+ Year Old Account
    We definetly need more anime trailers like that one of Call Of Kel'Thuzad. It's really fun to watch!

Loved the animation work that went into this.

And man guys, the animations ingame for the skins are fantastic. Tyrael teleporting out alone is worth watching every time.

Guilliermo del Toro (director of Pacific Rim among other things) tweeted that he liked the Mechastorm trailer.

Nice new skins, could have been a golden opportunity to give Gazlowe a skin that wasn't garbage but hey. Maybe one day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that is advertising done right. Just like the KT one. Loved that one too.

Mechathur is online!
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)